• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: 2d Fighting games we want to come to stores, virtual console, PSNetwork, or Live

USD

_dementia said:
Season's Beatings used the Dreamcast port. Shit was blue screens city.
Yeah, all of the controversy was related to it being the Dreamcast version. The Yellow Button fiasco will live on for the rest of competitive fighting game history.

USD

I'd love to see updated versions of these:

Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter EX plus α

Fuck custom combos in the ass.

The Last Blade 2

Skilletor

Elixist said:
Tobal 2, never got to play it and I love part 1, and Bushido Blade.

Tobal 2 is leagues better than Tobal 1. The game introduced just frames <3 <3 <3. SPARKLES

I'd have to say I want the Vampire Savior collection released. My favorite 2d fighter. WHY ONLY JAPAN :'(?

/sigh

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Not relevant but i asked SNKP via mail about their grotesque hate against PSN, their answer:

we'll try our best to bring our NEOGEO titles on PSN as soon as possible.

Thanks again for all of your support to SNK games!

Skilletor said:
Fuck. Yes.

This, too. I forgot about this.

Capcom has that GGPO contract and so far all we got was Final Fight and Magic Sword. They are just sitting on this.

The only issue is, there are multiple versions of Alpha 2 (zero 2 alpha aka Alpha Gold, and the special version of Alpha 3 they did). How do you decide which versions to use for the online.

Also, a small beef but a big one if you appreciate good music, Alpha 2 on Saturn had a brilliantly remastered soundtrack that shames the arcade, sadly missing from the PS2 port.

Vampire is another pickle. Vampire Savior has a couple versions, and none of them have all the characters except for the Sega Saturn port (still the best port, Vampire Chronicles on Dreamcast has sloppy visuals and messed up timing).

robor

arstal said:
I don't think Sirlin will be allowed to work for Capcom after he put Backbone on blast hard. He mentioned in the past that he wanted originally to do an A2 remake, not a ST remake, but Capcom insisted. (he felt A2 could have been made into a better game, and his best game was A2, the MIT folks were beasts at it back in the day.)

Well there you go. I heard about his slamming of Backbone and I assumed that Capcom was all "well fuck you too" about it. I guess we'll just have to wait for Fantasy Strike (if that is indeed the official title) to arrive in order to receive the complete Sirlin Vs. fighting experience.

Arpharmd B said:
The only issue is, there are multiple versions of Alpha 2 (zero 2 alpha aka Alpha Gold, and the special version of Alpha 3 they did). How do you decide which versions to use for the online.

Alpha 2 clean for me. I felt all the other versions were over tweaked.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I love Alpha 3 (and the rest of the Alpha series to a lesser extent) for its wealth of options and complete broken-ness. Air blocks, air throws, air recovery, ground recovery, not having to choose between supers pre-match, retarded ass custom combos, 3 or 4 character battles / boss stages, and a dumping ground for new characters in every other goddamn port. It's like an official Street Fighter Mugen! :lol Great fun as long as you're not playing against somebody who can demonstrate how awful V-ism truly is!

Arpharmd B said:
Vampire is another pickle. Vampire Savior has a couple versions, and none of them have all the characters except for the Sega Saturn port (still the best port, Vampire Chronicles on Dreamcast has sloppy visuals and messed up timing).
Some VS heads say that the PS2 version is the most accurate since you can tweak the dip-switches to match the various revisions of the arcade game exactly. Supposedly the only thing that's wrong in it is that the timing is off by 1-frame (and similar issues exist in other ports anyway). All hearsay though; I'm not exactly super familiar with it.

Top Bottom