• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: We post screens that showcase the visual charisma lost by modern Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.
2817qj8.jpg

datasshomer.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i literally loled

darko i have two requests for you:

[3F06] Mother Simpson: Ending.

[3F07] Marge Be Not Proud: Homer sits up in bed with his half-moon glasses on as Marge exits the bathroom to join him. Homer lists Bart's punishment, end with shot of what Homer is drawing.

Linkhero1

Marvie_3 said:
I love that episode. One of my favorite lines in the whole series is in the beginning of that one.

"Homer, you didn't do a very good job decorating Maggie's cake! *Homer runs in, looks at the cake reading "Happy Birthday Magaggie"* What? You mean it's not Magaggie's birthday?" :lol
:lol :lol :lol

AniHawk

I can't believe I forgot about this, and that it wasn't posted in this thread yet, but here it is. My favorite visual gag from the entire show:

2ijqb9c.jpg

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
I just read every single post in this thread and it has brought me to tears several times. The Simpsons will always be my favorite television show.

Thanks GAF :D

Kastro

Banned
Linkhero1 said:
Mr. Burns gone crazy

mx0rqa.jpg

you know, that's one of those jokes I never would have gotten as a youngster watching this show.

Now, having seen The Aviator it all clicked. That's the beauty of this show.. it's funnier the older you get.

I love this thread, so fucking much. As a huge Simpsons fan for most of my childhood and feeling alienated from the show for the past...12 years or so, it's super refreshing.

LCfiner

I owned the first 5 or so seasons of the simpsons on DVD.

and then I sold them

stupid, stupid me

I'll need to pick them up again soon. this thread has done an amazing job reminding me how brilliant the show was.

fisheyes

Zoso said:
I've always loved this rambling from Abe Simpson in the episode "Last Exit to Springfield"

Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy is great for Grampa rambling and other Abe awesomeness.

"Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called baseball"
http://www.oldmansimpson.com/sounds/season05/malibu/sound08.mp3

"There sure are alot of ugly people in your neighbourhood. Oh! Look at that one!"
http://www.oldmansimpson.com/sounds/season05/malibu/sound04.mp3

"Do we serve french... fries?"
http://www.oldmansimpson.com/sounds/season05/malibu/sound06.mp3

1F12-063.jpg

1F12-123.jpg

The whole episode is awesome anyway.

1F12-065.jpg

"My spider sense is tingling"

1F12-136.jpg

"Look kids here comes slideshow Mel. Again. Here comes sideshow Mel. Sideshow"

1F12-144.jpg

"Windy Windbag! Ugly Doris! Hortence the Mule-faced Doll! Loudmouth Lisa! Stupid Lisa Garbage Face!"

1F12-082.jpg

"There's a clog in the torso shoot!"

1F12-095.jpg

"I'm a white male, aged 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are"

And of course:
1F12-105.jpg

"Hello. Smithers. You're quite good. At turning. Me on"

Oh, and what program do you guys use to make gifs?

AniHawk

Zyzyxxz said:
"I am so smart!"
"I am so smart!"
"SMRT!"

This came about because Dan Castellaneta actually spelled it SMRT instead of SMART. It was an accident, but they kept it because it was so funny.

Favourite moments...

"No, money down"

Plus all the crazy shit going on in Moe's basement. Panda smuggling, torturing Hans Moleman, hosting russian roulette (Skinner and Krusty) :lol

Skinner "Oh but I got back at him though....Him and that little boy of his..." :lol :lol

undrtakr900

2mpg3o7.png

This was just so random I loved it!
20zy61c.png

2hmew4l.png

Homer: Hi Grimey old buddy.
Grimes: I'm not your buddy, Simpson. I don't like you, in fact I hate you. Stay the hell, away from me, because from now on, we're enemies.
Homer: Ok. Do I have to do anything?

2hzomrk.png

Classic gag.
AniHawk said:
This came about because Dan Castellaneta actually spelled it SMRT instead of SMART. It was an accident, but they kept it because it was so funny.
Haha that makes it even more awesome:lol

Three classic gifs in a row:

EmCeeGramr said:
---> Probably in my top 5 visual gags of the show. Especially when it's combined with all the other hallucinations of Homer. Too bad the gif of him dreaming doesn't have the part whre the clowns come crashing in. "That ad has noooo effect on my what so ever!" :lol :lol

- That's it, you people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!
- I don't think any of us expected him to say that.

The burning clowns is also one of those rare moments that my dad laughed out loud at the Simpsons. Normally he doesn't see the appeal to "that cartoon".

Graf Nudu said:
Do I need to say anything? Absolutely amazing episode.

GoutPatrol said:
I watched Mr. Plow last night and just had to make this gif.

MountainGoat.gif
:lol :lol

This is one of those things that we would never see in modern HD 3D widescreen hologram Simpsons.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Can we get some pictures of Flanders in the bright red ski out fit flexing his ass. :lol :lol :lol

I don't have anything to add, really, except that I really dig the term "Visual Charisma".

I don't know if the OP coined it, but it's a very appropriate term to describe how the old "ink & paint" method compares with today's soulless digital process.

undrtakr900 said:
2hmew4l.png

Homer: Hi Grimey old buddy.
Grimes: I'm not your buddy, Simpson. I don't like you, in fact I hate you. Stay the hell, away from me, because from now on, we're enemies.
Homer: Ok. Do I have to do anything?
I don't believe this qualifies for the thread. It was pretty "meh" animation and pretty poor comedy. I might be biased, though, since I hate that episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom