• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've got an excruciating hemorrhoid on my bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Please at the very least make a doctors appointment, any time pain can be described as "debilitating," there could be a major issue that needs to be fixed quickly.

I'm pretty sure it's an abscess when "debilitating" is used to describe the pain. Surgery is a must.

Go to the hospital and get that drained. Once that is done you'll need dressing on it until the wound heals properly. Fun times.

Docflem

I'm pretty sure it's an abscess when "debilitating" is used to describe the pain. Surgery is a must.

Go to the hospital and get that drained. Once that is done you'll need dressing on it until the wound heals properly. Fun times.

You'd be surprised at how often a "run of the mill" hemorrhoid will be described as debilitating, but after reading further, the fact that it's draining does suggest it might be an abscess though not all abscesses require an I&D.

Liljagare

Gold Member
Had my open wound surgery for this last Wednesday. Currently have a hole in my ass the size of a golfball, yay!

Ouch, and, pardon me, but, how the heck does something like that ever heal?? I guess they can't simply stitch it up, but, how on earth does it heal?

KHlover

Banned
Ouch, and, pardon me, but, how the heck does something like that ever heal?? I guess they can't simply stitch it up, but, how on earth does it heal?

AFAIK gets stuffed with medical gauze (which has to be frequently changed of course) to prevent infection and then you just let the body do its thing.

Source: Spend/spent lots of time looking at images of the healing process on /r/gore and /r/popping

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
They clean the wound daily and pack it with dressing. Day by day the wound will heal a little more and after like four to six weeks you can get by without it.

I was lucky in that this happened to me when I lived at home and my mom was a nurse. I couldn't imagine being an adult and having to pay for that to be done every day by a stranger.

I had a hemorrhoid once. It got so big I had to go to the ER. The doctor ducktapped me to the bed as he spread my cheeks. He then stuck 3 needles in my ass to numb it. After that he popped it like a pimple and let it drained. Went home 30 minutes later and felt great.

CoolOff

AFAIK gets stuffed with medical gauze (which has to be frequently changed of course) to prevent infection and then you just let the body do its thing.

Source: Spend/spent lots of time looking at images of the healing process on /r/gore and /r/popping

Pretty much. I live 2 minutes from my local health center which makes it manageable. The morphine isn't always having an effect though, so the pain is pretty bad on occasion. :)

I couldn't imagine being an adult and having to pay for that to be done every day by a stranger.

Sweden, so no paying for anything (after the first 150 dollars that is). The nurses have been great so far, and any discomfort with dropping my trousers in front of them went away after two visits.

Colorectal doctor appointment tomorrow. I haven't gone number 2 in over 24 hours. Probably due to mental roadblock. Pain was a 10 before, now it's a 2 but I'm afraid to use the bathroom because of having an open draining wound.

I find taking cod liver oil daily keeps my poops slippery, and avoids too much tugging on the way out. Dry, grippy poops are a sure fire way to get yourself a hemmy.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I thought girls didn't poop.

image.php

kingwingin

I get them so bad. Sometimes I piss straight blood out of my ass and it's a scary thing to see.

At first I was worried that it was colon cancer but it's been ten years and im still alive.

I'm 33 and my asshole for the past few months has felt irritating, tender, dry, and itchy. I do poop and wipe a lot, so I can see the wiping irritating it.

rarely I see a tiny, very bright colored red blood on tp.

I wonder if its because I've been eating a lot more rice.

edit-it doesn't happen everyday ftr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom