• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

James Cameron successfully dives to deepest point on Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

If its movies like Avatar I don't want him back.

We'll be getting more blue alien furry sex from Cameron in the future. No doubt it will be wrapped in another ham fisted "don't harm the planet" plot, that we've already seen done better by 50 other films.

He needs to do that Battle Angel movie.

Kud Dukan

This is so awesome! Don't understand why there isn't more coverage of stuff like this.

And people still find the Avatar jokes funny? Really?

Dead

well not really...yet
If its movies like Avatar I don't want him back.
"Make blockbuster movies better than anyone else and receive widespread critical and popular acclaim

random dude on internet 3 years later wishes you death"

james cameron can totally be a meme.

Stet

Banned
Seven days later, James Cameron's personal submarine washed up on shore. It was completely intact and functional, but it was empty save for a set of clothing folded neatly on the seat.

Wow! Some people really are callous. I'm not a huge fan of Avatar and think it is bit overrated, but that wouldn't be a reason I'd ever wish to not see Cameron come back. I'm sure the comment was meant to be a tongue in cheek joke, but it really is a pretty shitty thing to say.

I can't wait for Cameron to complete his voyage. Hope he delivers some fantastic footage of the trench and creates an amazing 3D documentary of his adventure.

Cameron gets way too much hate these days. Jurassic Park and Prometheus probably would have not happened when they did if it wasn't for his forward thinking filmmaking. Point being, even if you don't like his films he pushes things forward. Risking his balls to discover more about our planet, what more do you want out of an individual?

I want to see new species, Isn't it the deepest place on Earth?

Yep. Nearly 7 miles down. I've been fascinated by the trench for years and can't wait to learn more about it. I don't expect them to find anything out of the ordinary down there, but it would be awesome if they found some ocean giants lurking in the depths.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Cameron gets way too much hate these days. Jurassic Park and Prometheus probably would have not happened when they did if it wasn't for his forward thinking filmmaking. Point being, even if you don't like his films he pushes things forward. Risking his balls to discover more about our planet, what more do you want out of an individual?

It's not about what we want so much as what we don't want

I agree. Fantastic filmmaker. However people love.to hate.and.complain, especially.on internet forums where its cool to hate.the popular/successful things.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
It's not about what we want so much as what we don't want

So sad that you are forced to go see his movies. Must be awful. You'd think after all his box office failures that he'd learn to listen to people on the internet more.

Anyway, he should have been back by now, no? I though he was supposed to be down there for 6 hours. I hope we hear something soon.

Nizz

Yep. Nearly 7 miles down. I've been fascinated by the trench for years and can't wait to learn more about it. I don't expect them to find anything out of the ordinary down there, but it would be awesome if they found some ocean giants lurking in the depths.
Yes it would.

Looks like he just started 2 minutes ago...

The voyage begins, I guess.
1237797016563.jpg

Oh, wow this is happening today? I would be so excited and terrified at the same time, I cannot imagine the emotions he is going through.

So, will they begin to share media captured from the dive as the day goes on, or will we have to wait a while before stuff hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom