• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

I think you guys really underrate Ambrose. He has problems for sure, but he can put on good matches.
Because the smarks think they know everything. Dean has been the only one to keep a big pop unlike his brothers. He helped carry the blue brand. When you've ran the gauntlet without getting injured like he has then you're the man. I do not care what anyone says. And it's a shame he's being shitted out of a big match at Mania. But it's whatever. That was a great match and a good sd.

I thought SD was generally solid tonight, but that tag team shit was AWFUL, even by SD tag standards. It's like they realized they hadn't done anything with the division for a month, but didn't actually have a plan beyond "we should prob put them out there so people don't forget."

Ithil

SD is good, but they're blowing it with the tag division. The initial story with Slater was great, but they've done nothing in the division since.

I think the tag team thing was that they want two Elimination Chamber matches for the PPV, but they don't want to put the women in one for some reason, so they thought "shit, how do we make a tag team EC match make sense on two weeks notice".

I cant think of anyone I want to see Ambrose wrestle. Like "that would be a really good match I want to see." I just can't.

Nese for sure weighs over 205.

I think the tag team thing was that they want two Elimination Chamber matches for the PPV, but they don't want to put the women in one for some reason, so they thought "shit, how do we make a tag team EC match make sense on two weeks notice".
I don't know why they wouldn't make it. A tag match elimination chamber is guaranteed to be a lot messier then a women's one would bring.

ReiGun

k5KJA5.gif

Miz just killed him. He was trying to help too, but Corbin just couldn't keep up.

Ambrose is great when he tries.

His post Survivor Series Smackdown segments where he was banned from the building but kept coming back were great

Barrage

RAW won this week. Smack down needs the Revival, although all the fun matchups for them are on RAW.

Side-note: WWE needs to put out so,e Strowman mercy pronto.

I'm one to give Ambrose a lot of shit but all his AJ matches have ranged from good to great. Sure it might be AJ carrying him but it still takes two to tango.

ReiGun

Dean Ambrose is a great character (despite the occasional bit of Superman booking), but I can't remember the last match of his I enjoyed because of him.

It's unfortunate because AA are that rare tag team where both guys have a lot of potential. They're just giving them nothing.
Yeah they totally blew any monentum from them pinning Randy Orton twice.

205 Live has the best theme song
I feel bad for them. Every week I feel the crowds reaction to them going further and further down.

The way that segment ended didn't help.

I think Smackdown's problem is that they've got a lot of tag teams where the gimmicks don't really work. Ascension and Vaudevillains were gimmicks that can't exist outside of NXT and Breezango just seems like something they don't care to put the effort into making work when it seems like a tag team that could do very well.

Ithil

I feel bad for them. Every week I feel the crowds reaction to them going further and further down.

I think Smackdown's problem is that they've got a lot of tag teams where the gimmicks don't really work. Ascension and Vaudevillains were gimmicks that can't exist outside of NXT and Breezango just seems like something they don't care to put the effort into making work when it seems like a tag team that could do very well.

Ascension don't even have a gimmick, they never did. They have an entrance.

gun_haver

Good guys without opponents who do bad things to them are boring characters. They just need some good heels to go up against and it'll be fine.

Top Bottom