• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hey Data,

I'll think about it.

KMGJBnt.gif

UberTag

Except the fans have responded in some ways. Less people are into his product today then they were in its height.
Oh sure, no question about that. Nepotism is in play in that respect.
But the problem is that the response has been so gradual that it can be dismissed. That excuses can be made.

So it doesn't matter that nobody goes to house shows except families and nobody ponies up for the big name PPVs except hardcores and that casuals aren't reached at all. Because the WWE brass can pin that blame on something that ISN'T Vince, Dunn, Hayes or their army of 26 writers.

PInk Tape

Banned
Love it when a lurker makes a big deal out of calling the community terrible, and then continues to lurk, only posting to insult regulars

We got that heat.

Seriously though, I don't understand it either. It seems pointless to me but what do I know? I'm apart of this terrible community filled with other terrible people.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
austin will no doubt say why the fuck you treating bryan like shit hes practically more over than austin when it comes to a yes chant
I still feel like that's a softball question. People love being teased that it's viable even if WWE has no plan for it. Just can't help it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man watching Nitro its kinda neat to see them tease a Hogan heel turn running up to Halloween Havoc 95'.

Sure it ended up being a disaster and fans still hated Hogan but its still kinda interesting despite being in such a fucking corny story-line.

There are three must watch WCW PPVs from a historical perspective.

Bash at the Beach 1996 - Everyone has to see this once in their life. The reaction is crazy.
Bash at the Beach 2000 - Again, another great WCW Moment.

and what might be the best, worst PPV of all time: Halloween Havoc 1995. It's so perfectly terrible in every way. It must have cost them a fortune. They papered the fuck out of it as well. The promos leading up to it are AMAZING. None of the matches on the card work at all except the tag match, and even that is impressively bad in its own way as it's literally the third time Sting has been tricked by Ric Flair in just about the same manner each time and the rest...wow.

Fox318

Bash at the Beach 1996 - Everyone has to see this once in their life. The reaction is crazy.

and what might be the best, worst PPV of all time: Halloween Havoc 1995. It's so perfectly terrible in every way. It must have cost them a fortune. They papered the fuck out of it as well. The promos leading up to it are AMAZING. None of the matches on the card work at all except the tag match, and even that is impressively bad in its own way as it's literally the third time Sting has been tricked by Ric Flair in just about the same manner each time and the rest...wow.

I'm watching Haloween Havoic now.

This DDP-Johnny B. Badd isn't bad.

I'm enjoying it.

Fox318

Man I love ho active the WCW ref is. Maybe its the smaller ring but he really feels like he is part of the match and where he is matters. Even the detraction stuff works so much better than what WWE does today.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The wrestling Podcast community has glommed onto just how amazingly awful it is. The only shows with more coverage are Wrestlemania 1, X-7, Bash at the Beach 1996, and The Montreal Screw Job.

Fox318

Its so nice seeing a well lit crowd. Sure some people aren't cheering the entire time but its so much better than the Kevin Dunn shit we see today.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
OSW review just did it, Review a Wai, ahead of the curve as usual did it years ago, New Generation Podcast did it. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

acrid

Banned

I saw Bash 96 on PPV as it happened. It was fucking unreal. The Internet then wasn't anything like it is now, so it really was a huge shock.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Normally I'm not a fan of big fake breasts but when the rest of your body looks like that you might as well go for them as they suit it perfectly.

After another fun filled episode of Lucha Underground I went in search of more lucha online and am getting ready to watch AAA Triplemania from 2014. I figure one of you fine gentleman have seen it and can give me your opinion on if it's worth it or not?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
After another fun filled episode of Lucha Underground I went in search of more lucha online and am getting ready to watch AAA Triplemania from 2014. I figure one of you fine gentleman have seen it and can give me your opinion on if it's worth it or not?

it didn't do a hell of a lot for me, standouts were the Cruiserweight/Fusion title match and the main event were fun.

Top Bottom