• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan makes Anime ad about Canada

PsionBolt

Needs more trees.

Literally 40% of Canada is forest. You could completely hide the entirety of Japan in Canadian forests nine times over and still have some room.

Toronto GAF, you have a gif now for Winter meetups:

giphy.gif

<3

i know a lot about anime to know where this is going

on a side note, is Your Name kind of like 5 CM per Second?

I want to see Chilliwack.

All the corn!

I don't think there wasn't enough beef jerky in this video and of all the things to show in Van, why did they show that stupid rain drop from the Olympics? Why not show Lion's gate bridge, or Stanley Park or... Richmond! hahaha

Savitar

Inacurate.

Our raspberries come from Driscoll's megafarms in California.

Inaccurate.

We tend to have a lot of raspberry farms and more that you can some times go and pick your own.

Or if your out in the country or small towns go pick your own in various wooded areas, I have.

wmlk

i know a lot about anime to know where this is going

on a side note, is Your Name kind of like 5 CM per Second?

Themes are very similar. Shinkai's stuff explores themes of time, distance, longing, etc.

It's taking 5CM, making it more palatable to a wider audience, and a bit more optimistic/less mopey. Definitely a more enjoyable watch but I still like 5CM more.

Dice//

Banned
Neat little video but I agree with this. The stereotype of the country being in permanent winter needs to end. If this was a US video showing Niagara Falls, they probably would have made it summer instead. Places like Chicago and Boston aren't seen by the rest of the world as just snow.

I knew the Northern Lights would be in there. Lots of Japanese tourists mention the Aurora Borealis. I hope no one's telling them it's visible from Southern Canada.

To be fair, we are approaching a Winter season.
Best case scenario this ad boosts Canadian tourism so much from Japanese visitors that we get a summer ad. :p

wmlk

I don't think people realize how incredible the Niagara Falls are in person.

It's always a wide shot of the Horseshoe Falls. But you legit can get so close to the falls from the Canadian side that the photos never do it justice.

I actually like shopping at that Italian grocer in the Granville Island clip.... Kinda cool to see it, of all places, featured.

Was a pretty niche choice to feature.... combined with the token Banff or TO segments, wonder if the creator has only really spent much time in VAN. Then again, it had so much snow that it would give a pretty poor impression of the city haha.

Top Bottom