• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan PS3/Wii/X360 Sales Charts

ziran

Dalthien said:
Charts updated.
Thanks for keeping this thread updated.

www.gamefront.de (Jan 27th 2007) has a Top 10 for 360 from Famitsu Xbox 360, pre Gears of War:

1. Blue Dragon (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 135,240 pc.
2. DEAD or Alive 4 (Xbox 360, Tecmo): 103,307 pc.
3. Ridge Racer 6 (Xbox 360, Bandai Namco): 72,129 pc.
4. DOA Xtreme 2 (Xbox 360, Tecmo): 57,060 pc.
5. Dead Rising (Xbox 360, Capcom): 49,978 pc.
6. Lost Planet (Xbox 360, Capcom): 44,854 pc.
7. Ninety Nine Nights (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 38,019 pc.
8. Rumble Roses XX (Xbox 360, Konami): 29,187 pc.
9. Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 26,085 pc.
10. Project Gotham Racing 3 (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 25,058 pc.

They didn't list a game for number 5, but they listed the sales and publisher, so Dead Rising seems logical.

Edit - From what I remember DOA3 was the biggest selling Xbox game at over 200k and Halo was ~80k, but I don't have a Top 10 for a similar time in its life.

Dalthien said:
Charts updated.

ORLY?

Dalthien said:
Sony PS3:

Hardware = 574,138 Through Jan 21/07 (MC)
Tie Ratio = 0.69 (See note at bottom)

116,000 Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight (Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire) (Bandai) (11/11/06) – rounded off through Jan 14/07 (MC)
100,000 Resistance: Jinrui Botsuraku no Hi (Resistance: Fall of Man) (Sony) (11/11/06) – rounded off through Jan 14/07 (MC)
98,616 Ridge Racer 7 (Namco) (11/11/06) – through Dec 31/06
69,000 Armored Core 4 (From) (12/21/06) – rounded off through Jan 21/07 (MC)
9,543 Genji: Kamui Souran (Genji: Days of the Blade) (Sony) (11/11/06) - through Nov 12/06
2,000 Mahjong Fight Club: Zenkoku Taisenban (Konami) (11/16/06) – rounded off through Nov 19/06 (MC)
1,410 Miyasato Miyoshi Kyoudai Naizou: Sega Golf Club (Sega) (11/11/06) - through Nov 12/06 (MC)

396,569 Total

Where's Motorstorm (JP)?

2m4u5tz.jpg

Voldemort killed his parents. :(

Nuh-uh. He only killed his dad and his grandma and grampy.

Mommy died after giving birth to him.

(BTW, I love how the X360 tie ratio is triple the PS3's. I also love how it has over double the amount of software sold)

And to think that a few months ago I was an X360 hater. And now...now I'm hoping that it makes a surprise victory in Japan!

It would be so funny if it somehow managed to beat the PS3 for second place in Japan...oh man...GAF dies...

/dream.

Dalthien

Ziran,

Thanks for the data. Unfortunately, that list seems to be taken from different dates, which makes it a bit difficult to use without knowing the dates for each title. DOA4 and DOAX2 are both as of Dec 31/06, but Blue Dragon is clearly from a week or two later, since it was at 119k at the end of December. We'll take a closer look at it, but we may just have to wait for the monthly X360 Top 10 through mid-January to get dates to accompany some of these numbers. Nice find though.

Dalthien

Charts updated.

I also added a graph showing the Famitsu weekly software sales of each platform (as a percentage). This wonderful graph was put together by Rock_Man, and it shows how each platform is performing in terms of software sales each week.

Dalthien

Charts updated.

It's hard to believe that the Wii launched almost a month after the PS3, and yet Wii software has already quintupled PS3 software.

So if we're to assume that all of the tie ratios are higher, then the Wii is a monster with a good tie ratio so early in its lifetime.

To those people who still believe there is no comparison between the DS/PSP and the Wii/PS3 competition because one is handheld and one is home console really need to take a look at these charts. The Wii/PS3 comparison is almost a clone of every DS/PSP chart we've seen.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
I don't mean to sound like a fanboy or anything, but why are the 360 numbers always so far behind the numbers for the PS3/Wii in terms of dates?

Speevy

Banned
dirtmonkey37 said:
I don't mean to sound like a fanboy or anything, but why are the 360 numbers always so far behind the numbers for the PS3/Wii in terms of dates?

Because even 360 owners know the 360 is screwed there, so who cares?

Dalthien

dirtmonkey37 said:
Acutally, we still need to get the latest monthly X360 chart added. (Oops) But generally speaking, these charts contain the latest sales data that we have for every game, and X360 games only rarely make it on to the charts. I'll have this updated again as soon as we get the latest X360 monthly chart added.

Dalthien

Okay, the X360 chart has now been updated with the year-end totals, and the January monthly totals. As always, thanks go to januswon for all of his X360 contributions.

Terrell

Sean said:
Microsoft should put out a press release saying they are the #1 next-gen console in Japan while they still can :lol
Except that the Japanese people aren't nearly as hung-up on the "next-gen/new-gen" semantics that we cling to as a trolling mechanic and likely view Wii as a next-generation system. So yeah, joke would totally be on Microsoft... not that it isn't already.

DarkRage said:
The first 7 titles for X360 are titles developed by Japanese companies. Even some crappy titles like Rumble Roses sell more than PGR3, GRAP and other big titles from Western Countries.

But yes, some people say Japan is not a protective market and they don't care about if a title is from a foreign country as long as it is a good game... whatever.

Shame on that market... we shouldn't care a lot about that market, it is a different world.
*coughResistancecough* Sorry, something in my throat. *coughHalocough* Oh, there it goes again!!

DrXym

LevelNth said:
Did you notice that the hardware is as of 12/10 whereas the latest software is only 11/26? 2 weeks difference. Makes the tie ratio number pretty much pointless.

I've always wondered about tie ratios. I have a PS3 pre-ordered for March (in EU) with which I'm also getting Motorstorm. Therefore my "tie ratio" is 1.0. But... I'll probably pick up a few other games in the same period as and when I see fit.

So is tie ratio calculated with what games are actually bought with the system, or as a function of games sold in some period divided by consoles sold in that same period?

I suppose my situation is atypical since I intend to buy as many imports as possible. I figure after 10 imports that the PS3 will cost me less than owning a 360 with 10 games.

Zelda has passed 400k sold. I have always said it will sell something between 500 and 600k in the long term and I think that I was not wrong.
Just incredible how badly is selling the PS3, both hardware and software. The Xbox360 is selling even worse, but at least their attach ratio is not bad after all.

Freki

DrXym said:
I've always wondered about tie ratios. I have a PS3 pre-ordered for March (in EU) with which I'm also getting Motorstorm. Therefore my "tie ratio" is 1.0. But... I'll probably pick up a few other games in the same period as and when I see fit.

So is tie ratio calculated with what games are actually bought with the system, or as a function of games sold in some period divided by consoles sold in that same period?

I suppose my situation is atypical since I intend to buy as many imports as possible. I figure after 10 imports that the PS3 will cost me less than owning a 360 with 10 games.

Total games sold : Total consoles sold = tie ratio

apujanata

Dalthien, where did you get these :

124,463 Ridge Racer 7 (Namco) (11/11/06) – through Jan 28/07
121,733 Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight (Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire) (Bandai) (11/11/06) – through Jan 28/07
72,595 Armored Core 4 (From) (12/21/06) – through Jan 28/07

I have Famitsu Top 30 Jan 28, 2007 in front of me, and I can only see Enchant Arm, the sole PS3 game in that page.

Please clarify.

legend166

I always find it funny that both Wii Sports and Wii Play, by themselves, have outsold everything on the PS3 combined.

Also, if you add them together, they've outsold everything on the PS3 and 360 combined.

Awesome.

Thoren

Banned
legend166 said:
I always find it funny that both Wii Sports and Wii Play, by themselves, have outsold everything on the PS3 combined.

Also, if you add them together, they've outsold everything on the PS3 and 360 combined.

Awesome.

I don't find it that awesome. It pains my heart that something like Zelda is getting outsold by Wii Play so strongly, and at the same price too (I think).

edit: Meant Wii Sports, not Play.

apujanata

Thoren said:
I don't find it that awesome. It pains my heart that something like Zelda is getting outsold by Wii Play so strongly, and at the same price too (I think).

edit: Meant Wii Sports, not Play.

Hard Core are much smaller # than casual, and Zelda is for Hardcore, while Sports is for casual.

It is amazing to see how quickly the PS3 over took the 360 in Japan. I guess we can stop wondering if great games are what 360 needs to be successful in Japan. 360 needs one thing to be successful in Japan and that's to be made by a Japanese company.

The Dark One

StevieP

Banned
DarkMage619 said:
It is amazing to see how quickly the PS3 over took the 360 in Japan. I guess we can stop wondering if great games are what 360 needs to be successful in Japan. 360 needs one thing to be successful in Japan and that's to be made by a Japanese company.

The Dark One

Oh lord of mercy, not this ridiculously misplaced argument again.

Haunted

Thanks for the update, Dalthien.

The difference in total software sales between Wii and PS3 is almost comical. 360 has a great attach rate, but with that small of a userbase, you just can't expect great total numbers.

Top Bottom