• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

chrono01

You can't save the start dash, it's only available in one week after you start the game, and it will revive after some time if you missed it.

It's better to start the game during the legend gacha festival. Some characters are only available in the festival. The start dash includes a exchange ticket which allows you to choose any characters available in the gacha pool, so you can get the limited character(For exmaple the limited version Catalina is a good choice).
Thanks for this. I'm a little concerned over how to purchase coins once I create my account, but I guess I'll go ahead and re-roll during the Legend Fest and see if I can't get something good.

I downloaded the Google Chrome App as posted on their website but I'm a little confused over what to do next. Is there any way to bypass the account creation and start a guest account [to later link with Facebook when I find one I like]? When I try to launch the Chrome app, they want me to create a mobage account by inputting my email. I guess I could create multiple Yahoo ID accounts, but I'm worried about then later linking that to a permanent Facebook account once I find one I like...

Ugh, I might just link it with my usual Facebook account and just bypass re-rolling. It sounds like I can get a guaranteed SSR with that Start Dash thing, although beginning with two guaranteed SSR [starting roll and Starter Dash voucher] would be better than one...

http://granbluefantasy.jp/pages/?p=5784

Legend fest (soon). Last chance at SSR Anira. Second phase on the 31st replaces her with 4 new characters + a summon.
Is it worth trying for SSR Anira now, or waiting for the Legend Fest + new characters? I probably won't re-roll, considering how much of a headache it looks to be, so my starting roll(s) will probably be it. I'm not sure how good Anira is.

Then I have to figure out how to actually purchase the currency needed for the Start Dash offer.

I just wish they'd make the app available in English on the app store. They don't need to dedicate new servers for us or anything, so nothing on that end has to change, just make it easier for us to download/install/create our accounts and purchase currency. I want to play the game, but it sounds like so many steps to go through.

Edit: I'm downloading Bluestacks now. Will give the re-roll procedure a try there I guess.

Don't think too much about starter dash and iap problems yet. You might end up not liking game, and regret purchases.

As for reroll, wait for incoming fest like suggested. Less of a headache to get that SSR.

Don't try to aim for Anira, even if they are removing her. Take the first SSR you get and go with it.

chrono01

Don't think too much about starter dash and iap problems yet. You might end up not liking game, and regret purchases.

As for reroll, wait for incoming fest like suggested. Less of a headache to get that SSR.

Don't try to aim for Anira, even if they are removing her. Take the first SSR you get and go with it.
Thanks for recommendation. I tried Bluestacks but, as in the past, it just caused my PC to BSOD. I guess that's out. :/

I'm just going to create a Japanese iTunes account tomorrow, download the app, and re-roll that way. Apparently, downloading the app through iOS and Android is the only way to start a guest account [not possible through the web], so once I settle on an account I like [an SSR], I'll link it with my Facebook account so I can continue play off the iPhone and through Chrome [since, as Azusa said, the iOS/Android app runs sluggish].

I wish there was a way to create a guest account through the web itself, but it doesn't seem possible unfortunately.

aitakute

Man, I really like that monkey girl. Will try for about 2 or 2 rolls. This is my first legend fest after all.
Wait, those bosses from multi-battle drop SSR weapon too? Just got one from them

Azusa

I'll wait for monkey character, Anchira(?). I like to hear Yuuki every day but I don't really like Anira that much.

I'll do 4 x10 rolls, I think. Maybe I'll do one roll on the first phase of legfest.

Wait, those bosses from multi-battle drop SSR weapon too? Just got one from them

Yeah. So far I have got only two. Do they drop summon too? Or I need to exchange something to get it?

Thanks for recommendation. I tried Bluestacks but, as in the past, it just caused my PC to BSOD. I guess that's out. :/

I hope you have tried bluestacks 1. There are also other android emulators, like Nox APP Player or droid4x. But really don't worry about iap now. Try the game first.

Magnas are kinda semi-endgame weapons. The Ultimate Guide covers them better than I can so read that first :p.

The SSR weapons they drop mostly have a "ATK or HP up" skill for their element plus some gimmicky skill for another element. You're basically looking for ATK up weapons.

I'm still new but I think the strat is to just grind the magnas, collect the SSR ATK weapons and put them in your team. You also need to be rank 50 in order to get the full stat value out of the weapons apparently.

The respective Summon will also boost the stats of the Magna weapons.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to limit break the weapons once you start acquiring them. The skill is more valuable than the extra stats.

Not 100% sure how that all works. It's pretty difficult to wrap your head around ;_;. If I'm wrong don't hesitate to correct me ;p

----------

The real beginner strat by the way is to place three different element characters in your Active Party (MC included) and then to pick Grande as your summon for her 100%/200% DMG boost.

lKTAKvAh.jpg

--------

There are also some other 5bp raids (now they're 2bp though. Always go into Proto-bahamut if you can. The others:

Rfz0MYk.jpg

This guy and his buddies of another element just give items required to Limit break their summon (and rainbow gems) so avoid them if you don't have the summon.

-----

Gacha hype! Will update with my rolls.

Magnas are kinda semi-endgame weapons. The Ultimate Guide covers them better than I can so read that first :p.

The SSR weapons they drop mostly have a "ATK or HP up" skill for their element plus some gimmicky skill for another element. You're basically looking for ATK up weapons.

I'm still new but I think the strat is to just grind the magnas, collect the SSR ATK weapons and put them in your team. You also need to be rank 50 in order to get the full stat value out of the weapons apparently.

The respective Summon will also boost the stats of the Magna weapons.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to limit break them once you start acquiring them. The skill is more valuable than the extra stats.

Not 100% sure how that all works. It's pretty difficult to wrap your head around ;_;. If I'm wrong don't hesitate to correct me ;p

----------

The real beginner strat by the way is to place three different element characters in your Active Party (MC included) and then to pick Grande as your summon for her 100%/200% DMG boost.

lKTAKvAh.jpg

--------

There are also some other 5bp raids (now they're 2bp though. Always go into Proto-bahamut if you can. The others:

Rfz0MYk.jpg

This guy and his buddies of another element just give items required to Limit break their summon (and rainbow gems) so avoid them if you don't have the summon.

-----

Gacha hype! Will update with my rolls.

You should fully upgrade Magna summons if you use Magna weapons.
For beginners the SR Magna weapons are useful, as the SSR drop rate is very low if you can't solo them

Azusa

Yeah.
Its not that I expected much. At least 2 more new SR characters.
q7sqXuT.png

Will do 3 more pulls on the 2nd phase.

aitakute

About this event, should I get this weapon here or should I trade the materials for JP? I've just started this game 2 days ago and I only have 2 SSR weapons. I heard you need to get as much JP as possible from event so...
xRkNYO4.jpg

Azusa

About this event, should I get this weapon here or should I trade the materials for JP? I've just started this game 2 days ago and I only have 2 SSR weapons. I heard you need to get as much JP as possible from event so...
xRkNYO4.jpg

Do you farm mats on HARD? I can finish VERY HAD but its take so much time while I can just auto HARD.

Im thinking to farm silver certs or JP. I have several SRs that I wan to max lb.

You need 4 copies to max lb it if I understand it correctly and you can only get 1 per day(?). If you start now its not possible to get all copies, don't bother.

aitakute

Do you farm mats on HARD? I can finish VERY HAD but its take so much time while I can just auto HARD.

Im thinking to farm silver certs or JP. I have several SRs that I wan to max lb.

You need 4 copies to max lb it if I understand it correctly and you can only get 1 per day(?). If you start now its not possible to get all copies, don't bother.

Which one drop silver the most?

xRkNYO4.jpg

Don't trade them for JP. You get many JPs from event gacha

aitakute

Don't trade them for JP. You get many JPs from event gacha

So I should get the weapon then? Do the reward reset daily? Also, how many gem can you get by just playing the game? I only have one SSR character at the moment and I think I should spend more money on the gacha now. How often is the surprise ticket? I saw a video of a guy on youtube who clicked the first town by a certain order and got a free gacha ticket. I tried doing the same thing and got nothing

Azusa

We all should get a 7mil gatcha ticket. Very soon. (2016/1/3)

Legfest is every two months.

With events + login rewards we should get ~3000/month

aitakute

We all should get a 7mil gatcha ticket. Very soon. (2016/1/3)

Legfest is every two months.

With events + login rewards we should get ~3000/month

From the data I've seen, Legend Fest is every end of the month now.
http://gbf-wiki.com/?%A5%AC%A5%C1%A5%E3%B0%EC%CD%F7
And looks like they had a surprise gacha event recently so I guess we'll have to wait for a few months now. How many SSR character do you have now? I only have one from the start dash

So I should get the weapon then? Do the reward reset daily? Also, how many gem can you get by just playing the game? I only have one SSR character at the moment and I think I should spend more money on the gacha now. How often is the surprise ticket? I saw a video of a guy on youtube who clicked the first town by a certain order and got a free gacha ticket. I tried doing the same thing and got nothing

No the reward doesn't reset daily, each item has a stock size. You can only trade for 3 SSR weapons. I think the weapon is not bad for beginners. It has ATK UP skill.

The order may change after some time, currently the order of the first town is top -> left bottom -> right bottom -> middle (according to Japanese WIKI)

aitakute

No the reward doesn't reset daily, each item has a stock size. You can only trade for 3 SSR weapons. I think the weapon is not bad for beginners. It has ATK UP skill.

The order may change after some time, currently the order of the first town is top -> left bottom -> right bottom -> middle (according to Japanese WIKI)

3 SSR weapons? I'm pretty sure it only says 1

aitakute

It will re-stock, and the price becomes higher....

Well damn, looks like I can only get one this time at best. Do you think I should get just one or go for the other prizes? Also, is SSR character much stronger than SR? Because current I see no difference between them yet

Azusa

Can you give me link to jp wiki article about that? I have found English guide for the first 5 towns but I wonder if there a guide for the other ones.

Well damn, looks like I can only get one this time at best. Do you think I should get just one or go for the other prizes? Also, is SSR character much stronger than SR? Because current I see no difference between them yet

Consider that this event may not revive in next 11 years, it's better to get one...
Other prize are limit break and lvup items, you can always get them in other events.
SSR characters have higher HP/ATK status, and most importantly, they have various useful abilities.
Some SR characters are also very strong, for exmaple Soriz and Feather, they can deal higher damage than SSRs

Yaari

I want to try Granblue but I hate these web/game combinations. They are confusing, and why do I need a account for anything I try to do. Bleh.

garath

I'm just going to create a Japanese iTunes account tomorrow, download the app, and re-roll that way. Apparently, downloading the app through iOS and Android is the only way to start a guest account [not possible through the web], so once I settle on an account I like [an SSR], I'll link it with my Facebook account so I can continue play off the iPhone and through Chrome [since, as Azusa said, the iOS/Android app runs sluggish].

I wish there was a way to create a guest account through the web itself, but it doesn't seem possible unfortunately.

Could try Andyroid. I use that over bluestacks. It's been great.

Melchior

Anyone know decent places to get mobage card codes for granblue? All the ones that I find aren't a 1:1 price conversion. It's like 30$ for 3000 coins instead of 25$.

I paid for my start dash by getting my friend to buy the cards for me but I wanna load up on coins for the surprise gacha. Plus I don't want to keep asking him to buy me cards.

Re-rolling in Granblue really is a chore
Perfect thread to talk about rerolling mentality in jp gacha games, and how we've been conditioned to it. :)

Saddest part about rerolling is when you finally get what you want hours/days later, then quit the game soon after.

Uthred

Perfect thread to talk about rerolling mentality in jp gacha games, and how we've been conditioned to it. :)

Saddest part about rerolling is when you finally get what you want hours/days later, then quit the game soon after.

Ha, thats so true, there's certainly games where after a certain point re-rolling felt like the main point of it. It basically went "Oh this looks interesting -> Re-Roll -> God Im sick of re-rolling -> Re-roll some more -> Get rare unit -> Oh guess I dont like this game that much". Dokkan Battle was particularly bad, re-rolled to get one of the first SSR, then a while later better SSR's came out so I re-rolled to get them, got bored again and only recently picked it up, where I again re-rolled. Dokkan Battle, and games like it, are particularly bad because the SSR units are so dominant that they completely replace however much progress you might have made.

I much prefer games like Dragon Blaze or Fantasy War Tactics where you can just start playing and work towards units. I prefer a game that spreads the time investment out and where I'm actually playing the game over one where you front load it with time spent re-rolling.

Re-rolling in Granblue really is a chore

I think there is no need to re-roll in GBF.
It's more efficient to buy suprise gacha ticket and star gacha ticket. I didn't invest too much in it, and I have 26 SSR/156 total characters now.
Suprise ticket is really good.

chrono01

Got 300 orbs. I bet i get no Lucy!
I have 530. I probably still won't pull her, my gatcha luck is horrible.

What makes her so good? I might give it a try. I thought the gameplay was quite fun but I never stuck around.
She's a dark-type [only light monsters will deal 2x damage to her, so she can be used in a lot of different elemental dungeons] and has Null Damage Wall as her Gauge Shot as well as being a Blast type [great for setting off other teammates' Bump Combo]. She has a "lead teammates against the enemy" Strike Shot, which is among the most powerful [if not the most powerful], and a Large Energy Circle/Small Cross Laser as her own Bump Combo.

What really makes her special though, is her ability. She gets a barrier that absorbs up to 10k damage that's restored after every single floor. It's incredibly useful, especially on a team with 4x Lucy. You essentially get 40k+ HP per floor. That's insane.

aitakute

It's more efficient to buy suprise gacha ticket and star gacha ticket. I didn't invest too much in it, and I have 26 SSR/156 total characters now.

How many surprise ticket did you buy? I see that those things don't come very often. Also, that many SSR without using much money? How long have you been playing?

How many surprise ticket did you buy? I see that those things don't come very often. Also, that many SSR without using much money? How long have you been playing?

You don't need to spend too much in GBF to become strong, this is why it's better than most other gacha games.
I started playing it since May 2014 (2 months after the game services started)

Saprol

When a surprise or star ticket shows up, you're only allowed to get one at that time.

Azusa

I like how Korean games usually don't require reroll at all. But on the other hand Korean games are way more grindy.

Uthred

Do you buy them with real money? After spending a fair bit on P&D I now try to milk the F part of F2P as hard as possible. Which generally means a lot of re-rolling (and praying to whatever controls RNG)

Top Bottom