• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Congrats on the pull. Both Durandal and that 5* healer are great!

As for POTK, I'm still enjoying it but the RNG of it is beginning to frustrate me. Basically, you have to deal with three steps of RNG for a strong character.

1) You need to actually have the luck to pull the character to begin with.

2) You have to hope that it's the optimal type for that unit, so Dexterity for your attackers, Guard for your healers/tanks/etc. Type influences their max stats so it has a pretty big difference in the end-game/difficult dungeons. Supposedly, they can be pretty difficult.

3) Your stat growth. You're randomly assigned a stat growth and it changes each time you evolve. It can be good [3.5 stat gains per level] or horrible [1.5 per level]. If you get stuck with a poor stat growth, the only way to fix it is to reincarnate your unit which resets their level back to Level 1 of that particular evolution. This wouldn't be so bad if you had the time, but you're not guaranteed a better stat growth when you do so [it's still random] and to do it requires an evolution that currently costs 200 Rare Medals [I've been playing for two weeks now and only have 26 of them]. I once went three level up without a single stat gain. I'm not joking.

It's really upsetting, since I managed a Dexterity [F] Mitum that I raised from 4* and, when I evolved her into a 5* last night, it seems I was stuck with a poor stat growth. She's not gaining many points per level up, and there's absolutely no way for me to fix it [outside of reincarnation which isn't yet in-game]. I'll just have to hope that it balances out later on, but stat growth is supposedly pretty consistent throughout...

Oh well. I'll finish leveling [F] Mitum and then focus on my other units. Hopefully they'll have a better growth than her.

Think someone mention the growth on global is lower then jp version

Here

Sounds like a big difference. Also doesnt seem like you get bonus stats from evolving units. I evolved one and got a random draw of the same one and their stats are almost exactly the same. Maybe one point lower or higher here and there, while there were definitely some stats in the 40 when I evolved that unit.

Pangya

Sounds like a big difference. Also doesnt seem like you get bonus stats from evolving units. I evolved one and got a random draw of the same one and their stats are almost exactly the same. Maybe one point lower or higher here and there, while there were definitely some stats in the 40 when I evolved that unit.

You still get bonus stats from evolving units, it's just that the higher star evolutions you get from gacha also factor in some bonus stats as well. It may be better to start from a lower star if you get a decent growth rate.

Azusa

Christmas events for each character in granblue is so nice <3 but that limited event for 10k players only burned servers.

Well then, that Granblue Christmas stream was rather interesting. For those who missed it this is what was all announced (shamelessly lifted from /mbgg/)

1) The old man trio (Eugen, Jin and Soliz), Jessica and Aliza, and Lyria and Sierokarte are going to have CD singles.

2) There are also going to be CDs for piano and orchestra versions of the OST. On top of that, there will be a nationwide tour of the orchestra.

3) Details for an upcoming erun male have been revealed. He is a Rare character.

4) The trust character for the upcoming event on the 31st is &#8216;Scar&#8217;, a harbin male. He&#8217;s an earth element character, which makes it likely that the event is water.

5) Two more characters related to Zeta have been revealed. The human female, Zeta&#8217;s old partner, is &#8216;Beatrix&#8217;, and the erun male, Zeta and Bazeraga&#8217;s boss, is &#8216;Eustace&#8217;. There will be an event including them in the future.

6) SSR Anira will be removed from the gacha pool, but starting tomorrow, there will be an event to obtain an SR version of her. She is a trust character. In her stead, there will be a character based on the monkey in the Chinese zodiac.

7) Assassin and Wiseman are planned to be released in February.

8) A Granblue Fantasy Trading Card Game is in the works.

9) There&#8217;s a bunch of goodies that&#8217;ll be distributed tomorrow. Check your 72-hour expiration boxes then!

Here's also an article if you want some screenshots

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/188/1188390/

--------

I think on the stream Voice Actors had to throw darts to win the goodies for all players, they basically won this for you

1 legend ticket
1 SR and above ticket
2567 gems
100 JP0

Which is really nice, especially with the 7 million milestone that's going to give us even more freebies.

The Limited Battle was a bust though, I got in myself on the second try (servers were too laggy the first time) and I just got some exp items.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the Nico Nico stream, one day I'll figure out how that works...

Hows the gameplay in Granblue?

Eh, it's alright I guess. The actual gameplay itself is servicable, it's not a complete autobattle and some of the characters have some interesting mechanics behind them but at it's core you're just pressing some buttons that will kill the boss, very rarely there are moments where you have to use actual tactics or something, you just slap your best units of a specific element in a team and call it a day.

The meta behind it is way more interesting though, the fact that the strength of your party is basically one number that grows when you acquire stronger weapons and summons is a cool motivation, it's fun to see that number go up, especially when you notice that your team is actually dealing more damage in-game

It also makes it so that you don't need SSR characters to deal damage. As long as you're playing for a while you'll be able to get all the strong weapons so everything is viable, (although SSR characters are still the best thing you can have)

Production values are top notch, Music and Characters are on point, the game is also very popular (X-mas stream had 150K viewers) so there are some cool collabs now and then (there was a Street Fighter one just a while ago).

I should also mention that the ability to play it on PC is probably one of the nicest things there are, it makes doing everything way more easier as you can just click on some stuff while doing something else.

The mobile app is kinda slow however, I really dislike it.

Idunno if it's really worth playing though right now, getting the rerolling out of the way before the English version is released and being able to get all the nice freebies + collabs was a good enough motivation for me but your mileage may very.

Maybe I should make a GAF Guild, although I'm not sure if we have enough people playing right now.

Azusa

On mobile I use chrome to play granblue. App is too slow.

Actually I have tried some hard content and I had to think what skills to use to finish the stage.

The Limited Battle was a bust though, I got in myself on the second try (servers were too laggy the first time) and I just got some exp items.
I tried two times, saw the Battle live with 100 people, quickly joined, LOADING...

... then error full game.

Maybe I should make a GAF Guild, although I'm not sure if we have enough people playing right now.
Probably should wait for english version, and see how it goes.

Another reason to try Granblue Fantasy:
music by Nobuo Uematsu and art by Hideo Minaba (FFT,etc).

Saprol

Staying up to watch the servers keel over and then the limited battle fill up immediately. Bad times.

6) SSR Anira will be removed from the gacha pool, but starting tomorrow, there will be an event to obtain an SR version of her. She is a trust character.

That's great. She's not as cute as her SSR version though. Lucky I started the game during a legend fest and could start-dash Anira.

72ZRWb0.png

In her stead, there will be a character based on the monkey in the Chinese zodiac.

They only showed the silhouette on stream, but here's what she looks like if anyone needs time to prepare funds.
misc-moneybag.gif

I just got a Dark Carbuncle with my SR or higher ticket.

Anriet is cool, I have her myself <3

Her evolved artwork is the best &#128076;&#128076;&#128076;

Also have 9k gems right now, hyped for the SSR rate up!

Azusa

I just got a Dark Carbuncle with my SR or higher ticket.

Anriet is cool, I have her myself <3

Her evolved artwork is the best &#128076;&#128076;&#128076;

Also have 9k gems right now, hyped for the SSR rate up!
13k gems here. Wow! I had ~9k before I started to play.

Also I keep gathering these SR points. What is it exactly?
57VoVu6.png

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Its my 3rd day of granblue and I just pulled with 1 gatcha ticket my 3rd SSR... wind again.

Art in granblue is so good that I can't look at other mobages any more.
Art is the number one drawing factor for these games for me; there's just so many and I'd like to have nice stuff to look at.

Also I keep gathering these SR points. What is it exactly?
You get those points from running raids, and you trade them for Magna SR or SSR weapons. Check the shop menu for the list.

Its my 3rd day of granblue and I just pulled with 1 gatcha ticket my 3rd SSR... wind again.
Some luck there. :L

For future though, you should keep those until 2x Legend Fest, since rate up works with tickets too.

aitakute

Any tips to start Granblue? Should I reroll? Reroll is really a chore in this game though. Should I buy the start dash?

chrono01

I seriously can't wait for Granblue Fantasy. I hope the English version isn't delayed and releases soon.

Any good way to farm rare medals in PotK?
Good way? Not really, unfortunately. You can get them as a rare drop from dailies, as well as from selling/fusing 3/4* units. I'd prefer fusing them alongside dolls since you still get the Rare Medal(s) as well as a higher percentage of increase for success. Four dolls + one 3* gives you a 70% chance of success, while four dolls + one 4* gives you 100%. I've had pretty good luck with the 70% though, and I try not to fuse 4* away if I can help it.

Yeah Granblue is pretty dope, I've invested dozens of hours on the JP version since 2014. Can't wait for the western release next year. I'm currently playing Super Gundam Royale though.

And anyway, I've been following Valiant Force. Artstyle seem kinda similar (same artist? not sure), I'm digging it. I've already signed-up for the beta as well.

chrono01

I'm kind of worried over how difficult it will be to start the English version of Granblue Fantasy, though. From what I've read, it's not going to be a separate client but an English language version for the existing Japanese release. It's good for those currently playing the Japanese release as they won't have to start over, but on the other hand you'll have missed out on all of the story content up to that point [unless you know Japanese and can read it yourself]. Also, considering you apparently need a Japanese IP to create the mobage account to play Granblue Fantasy, I'm concerned I'll need to go through an extensive process to create/begin playing, not to mention purchasing in-app currency if I feel the need to [I'm guessing I'll need to buy Japanese iTunes credit and make the purchase that way].

I wish they would just make an English client/Global server. :/

Azusa

Also, considering you apparently need a Japanese IP to create the mobage account to play Granblue Fantasy, I'm concerned I'll need to go through an extensive process to create/begin playing, not to mention purchasing in-app currency if I feel the need to [I'm guessing I'll need to buy Japanese iTunes credit and make the purchase that way].

You don't need Japanese IP to create an account. I did it on my PC without any VPN. And I have bought some premium currency using android app.

Also there is an archive where you can replay any story for cleared quest/event. It would be possible to read it later in English.

chrono01

You don't need Japanese IP to create an account. I did it on my PC without any VPN. And I have bought some premium currency using android app.

Also there is an archive where you can replay any story for cleared quest/event. It would be possible to read it later in English.
Oh, interesting. Glad to hear it! I'm on iOS, though. I hope it's as easy to purchase in-game currency as on Android. Granted, I remain F2P quite often, but if I enjoy a game and have a bit of free money sitting aside, I have no issue whatsoever in throwing a few dollars in and supporting the developer.

As for replaying story content, that's also great news. I might try the re-rolling process soon then, once a good event comes up. Given my past luck, it'll probably take me a while to get a decent starter character and I can start gaining the free currency per day for logging in. I might even create the account, with a nice starting roll, and then just wait until the English language is implemented before I begin to play seriously. By that point, I'd probably have a nice collection of free items.

I wish they would just make an English client/Global server. :/
Granblue Fantasy has so much CO-OP and Raid content that you really don't want to end up splitting playerbase by region. So much better to have your games fill up faster.

Besides, these games are better when it's 1:1 with JP version.
JP aren't cheap with freebies. :)

It's good for those currently playing the Japanese release as they won't have to start over, but on the other hand you'll have missed out on all of the story content up to that point [unless you know Japanese and can read it yourself].
There's a Glosssary/Note section where you can rewatch every single story cutscenes.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I really need another gacha game to play! I'm only playing the Star Wars one atm, but all the cool one seem to be stuck in Japan/Korea.

Azusa

Oh, interesting. Glad to hear it! I'm on iOS, though. I hope it's as easy to purchase in-game currency as on Android..

You can install android emulator on PC and buy coins there. Its easier. Granblue is a web based game. You can play it simultaneously on many devices, web browsers and apps.

known granblue guides:
Granblue Fantasy Ultimate Guide
/mbgg/ Granblue
Granblue Fantasy - SSR Character data
GBF Data
Playable Characters (SR)
Special Gifts from Each Town
Stamps

aitakute

What's the deal with Granblue Fantasy's weapons? I see that each job has its own weapon choice in the description but I can equip any weapon any way. Does it even matter?

Sukospin

What's the deal with Granblue Fantasy's weapons? I see that each job has its own weapon choice in the description but I can equip any weapon any way. Does it even matter?

Your MC gets a 20% boost to both Attack and HP stats of the weapon if you equip the class preferred weapon. Your other characters will get a 20% boost as well for the weapon they prefer, but sometimes it's not the weapon they use.

Uthred

The free 5* Laev seems to have very low stats, handy for LB I suppose, is the PWR stat an average of something else?

chrono01

You can install android emulator on PC and buy coins there. Its easier. Granblue is a web based game. You can play it simultaneously on many devices, web browsers and apps.

known granblue guides:
Granblue Fantasy Ultimate Guide
/mbgg/ Granblue
Granblue Fantasy - SSR Character data
GBF Data
Playable Characters (SR)
Special Gifts from Each Town
Stamps
Wow, thanks for this. I had no idea it was originally a web-based game, I thought the mobile version came first.

I assume, if I install/begin on this Android emulator, that I'd be able to transfer my account to iOS when the English language option is released? I'd like to have it on my phone if possible and not just my PC.

I guess I'll wait until the next Legend Gatcha Festival and start my re-rolling then. Is it easy to re-roll on the Android emulator or do I need to go through the process of creating multiple accounts/etc.?

The free 5* Laev seems to have very low stats, handy for LB I suppose, is the PWR stat an average of something else?
My Mission Levataeinn was Dexterity [luckily], so I'll definitely be using the extra/bonus 5* as LB fodder. The stats are low, but that might be because it's obtained in its final evolution with no prior stats carried over.

As for the Power Rating, it's: HP + PAtk + MAtk + PDef + MDef + 0.5&#65368;Acc + 0.5&#65368;Crit + 0.5&#65368;Eva. It's the combination of all of these factors.

Azusa

You don't need to "transfer" it anywhere. To play on iOS you can just open a browser and open the game there using your login/password. Also android app is so slow so I prefer to play it in browser too. However I play it mostly on PC. You can use google translate to translate almost all UI and ingame text, but story is still unreadable.

Today I read a post in granblue facebook group that there were cases when cygames banned people for rerolling. Try not to abuse reroling too much.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
What's a fairly good game that has a pretty active community for the most part? Any good ones in ENG or coming in English soon?

chrono01

You don't need to "transfer" it anywhere. To play on iOS you can just open a browser and open the game there using your login/password. Also android app is so slow so I prefer to play it in browser too. However I play it mostly on PC. You can use google translate to translate almost all UI and ingame text, but story is still unreadable.

Today I read a post in granblue facebook group that there were cases when cygames banned people for rerolling. Try not to abuse reroling too much.
Oh, I gotcha. So the Granblue Fantasy app itself is essentially just a portal to the online servers? So once you create/link your account you can play it on whatever device you want using your username and password. Good to know!

It's kind of scary hearing that they've banned accounts that re-rolled, though. I might just go ahead with my first account and hope I pull something good. Maybe save that Start Dash thing for the next Legend gatcha? I was thinking of maybe using Chrome and the in-browser emulator feature to re-roll. It seems simple enough to do. Actually, maybe using the Granblue Fantasy Chromo app might be easier, since [from what I see] you don't even need a mobage account to re-roll. Just create/link your account to an email and you're good, unless I'm missing something?

Oh, I gotcha. So the Granblue Fantasy app itself is essentially just a portal to the online servers? So once you create/link your account you can play it on whatever device you want using your username and password. Good to know!

It's kind of scary hearing that they've banned accounts that re-rolled, though. I might just go ahead with my first account and hope I pull something good. Maybe save that Start Dash thing for the next Legend gatcha? I was thinking of maybe using Chrome and the in-browser emulator feature to re-roll. It seems simple enough to do. Actually, maybe using the Granblue Fantasy Chromo app might be easier, since [from what I see] you don't even need a mobage account to re-roll. Just create/link your account to an email and you're good, unless I'm missing something?

You can't save the start dash, it's only available in one week after you start the game, and it will revive after some time if you missed it.

It's better to start the game during the legend gacha festival. Some characters are only available in the festival. The start dash includes a exchange ticket which allows you to choose any characters available in the gacha pool, so you can get the limited character(For exmaple the limited version Catalina is a good choice).

Anira is so good.
If you started the game recently I suggest you abandon your account and start new game to get her. She will not appear in the gacha pool until 12 years later.

Top Bottom