• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Anyone else got anything nice from the 2x rate up in GBF? Got this in 23 rolls:

GsH2MUo.jpg

Would've liked the sheep girl though but I can't complain.

Also that Lancelot event lol. I guess they're throwing a bone to the female GBF playerbase.

garath

Beat time to pull or reroll for characters in Granblue Fantasy right now.

2 SSR in 3x10 pulls.
A bit weak compared to getting 4 SSR last Gacha fest.
(got the sheep girl Anira that time)

Ugh. How long does it last? I want to do the reroll thing to prep for the global client but it is a challenge.

Azusa

Check out the new Phantom of the Kill fanclub! If you've preregistered, you're already a member!
Definitely pay attention, as a fanclub membership will come with some exciting pre-launch perks!
http://phantomofthekill.com/

DRAMATIC AND CHALLENGING STRATEGY RPG Phantom of the kill
the 1st global title by Fuji&gumi Games coming this winter

Join the Phantom of the Kill Fan Club to receive in-game rewards and the latest news! Fan club members will also have the chance to enter our closed beta before release!

Closed beta? GUMI PLS.
I don't expect to see this game this year. It's not possible when there is a closed beta.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just goes to show that mobile games really are a tumble backwards.

Show? I thought it was pretty common/accepted knowledge that other than the proliferation of gacha, mobile virtually was a migration of old freemium MMO models to a new platform with a stopover on social platforms like facebook on the way.

Sukospin

Anyone else got anything nice from the 2x rate up in GBF?

I got Lancelot in three 10 rolls. He's pretty good right? I guess event Lancelot will have to take a seat in the back.

Edit: I just started last week, but you can't have event Lancelot and SSR Lancelot on the same team right?

I got Lancelot in three 10 rolls. He's pretty good right? I guess event Lancelot will have to take a seat in the back.

Edit: I just started last week, but you can't have event Lancelot and SSR Lancelot on the same team right?

Lists like these get thrown around pretty frequently. I can't guarantee accuracy but at the end of the day any SSR is good as you'll want five SSR's per element in the late game.

I'm pretty sure you can get by even with just SR's as long as your weapon pool is good enough.

Do fully link the SR Lancelot though, it's a small effort and it can't hurt to have more units. Even if you can't use him in conjunction with the SSR version you can slap the skin of the SR version on your SSR which is neat. I kinda like how the SR version looks.

Closed beta? GUMI PLS.
I don't expect to see this game this year. It's not possible when there is a closed beta.

I think I already preregistered for this so I should be fine. Even if I didn't there's no way that we'll actually get to the good rewards. 100K "fans" already sounds like an astronomically large number for games like these. Especially when the Facebook post only has 1.3k likes.

I'm gonna laugh if we don't even reach the gold reward lol.

I got a SSR gun out of 10 rolls

so I guess that's better than nothing

Characterless? Ouch, those are the ones that really sting.

alben

Neo Member
Do fully link the SR Lancelot though, it's a small effort and it can't hurt to have more units.

How do you increase the link?
With ryu you had to use him in your party, but i can't find lancelot. Do i have to do something to unlock him?

How do you increase the link?
With ryu you had to use him in your party, but i can't find lancelot. Do i have to do something to unlock him?

Yeah, do some of the 0 cost quests and you'll unlock him at some point. I think you need to free him from a prison story-wise.

After some gimmicky quests with a fixed party he'll be available.

-------

While we're at it. My GBF friend ID is 6324931

Sukospin

Lists like these get thrown around pretty frequently. I can't guarantee accuracy but at the end of the day any SSR is good as you'll want five SSR's per element in the late game.

I'm pretty sure you can get by even with just SR's as long as your weapon pool is good enough.

Do fully link the SR Lancelot though, it's a small effort and it can't hurt to have more units. Even if you can't use him in conjunction with the SSR version you can slap the skin of the SR version on your SSR which is neat. I kinda like how the SR version looks.

Thanks for the tips!

Characterless? Ouch, those are the ones that really sting.

yeah, well I managed to pull a SSR summon and now a SSR weapon so a character is bound to show up someday...

for bonded Lancelot, do I need to max his link to keep him? Or is it once I unlocked him from finishing the event quests, he's mine to keep?

garath

Well I missed my chance to start granblue again. The event is over yeah?

It'll be so much better with the English client.

yeah, well I managed to pull a SSR summon and now a SSR weapon so a character is bound to show up someday...

for bonded Lancelot, do I need to max his link to keep him? Or is it once I unlocked him from finishing the event quests, he's mine to keep?

You need to fully complete the link to be able to keep him after the event ends, it's not that hard to do.

Well I missed my chance to start granblue again. The event is over yeah?

It'll be so much better with the English client.

It's still going on, I think it's running for two days instead of one.

Anyhow this is what the Japanese client says, note the 12/2 18:59. I think you've still got some time left to do some rolls. 16 hours or so if my timezone-converting skills are on point. Keep this in the back of your head if you're going to reroll.

Wow. So no dupe SSR weapons or SSR summons ?
That sucks. :(

Added you, but my summon list is pretty bad. (hero name is Lemeza)

Accepted you, I also accepted you Sukospin!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man there's just no way I can maintain and play 3 of these games at once, yet I am really into three different ones right now. One of them has to go! Currently playing Dragon Blaze, Galaxy of Heroes and Fantasy War Tactics. Really into them all, but too time consuming.

garath

Man there's just no way I can maintain and play 3 of these games at once, yet I am really into three different ones right now. One of them has to go! Currently playing Dragon Blaze, Galaxy of Heroes and Fantasy War Tactics. Really into them all, but too time consuming.

Lol. Welcome to my world!

I log into daily:

Chain chronicle
Dragon blaze
Chromatic souls
Seven knights
Fantasy war tactics
Galaxy of heroes

Of those I put the most time into fantasy war tactics and galaxy of heroes right now with a smaller helping of seven knights.

I think I'm going to have to call dragon blaze quits for right now. I also really like chromatic souls but the game takes some time to load and no auto battle, just expeditions.

Chain chronicle has been an stand by for well over a year now. I'll probably always play here and there.

Plus phantom of the kill is soon and I hear nothing but good things about Granblue fantasy with the English version coming. Lol.

Dantero

I always try to get into these games. Play them for a week or two and then don't feel like playing anymore. The only one I've managed to stick with is Soccer Spirits and even there I've taken a break of a couple of months until recently.
It's incedibly f2p friendly, the art is great(although somewhat dependent on the artist at the time), the gameplay is way deeper than you'd think on first glance. It has three seperate Stamina systems, so you can play quite a bit more than other f2p titles.
The story being nuts really helps with sticking with it, cause you have no idea what's going to happen.
It's supposed to be about soccer, but there's an interdimensional war going on between demons, angels and what not. Mostly comedy but sometimes feels like it could get pretty dark in the future.
And for the people that hate these kinda games being only about sexy women in this pretty much everyone is either good looking or cute.
It does have lolis, though. So there's that.

Azusa

I log into daily:

Chain chronicle
Dragon blaze
Chromatic souls
Seven knights
Fantasy war tactics
Galaxy of heroes

Of those I put the most time into fantasy war tactics and galaxy of heroes right now with a smaller helping of seven knights.

I think I'm going to have to call dragon blaze quits for right now. I also really like chromatic souls but the game takes some time to load and no auto battle, just expeditions.

Drop some. I dropped everything except Chain Chronicle and 7K. Its so good and now I can dedicate more time to the games I like more. If you just logging in in to game and don't play it daily or during events - drop.

I couldn't play chromatic souls more than 30min. UI is shit.

Falk

that puzzling face
Drop some. I dropped everything except Chain Chronicle and 7K. Its so good and now I can dedicate more time to the games I like more. If you just logging in in to game and don't play it daily or during events - drop.

This really is the best advice. No point logging into a game daily just to get login bonus with the hopes that it suddenly becomes fun again. If a game suddenly has new features that makes it worth picking up again, it's probably also going to have catch-up mechanisms to get you back into the 'fun zone' power level.

commish

Lol. Welcome to my world!

I log into daily:

Chain chronicle
Dragon blaze
Chromatic souls
Seven knights
Fantasy war tactics
Galaxy of heroes

Chain chronicle has been an stand by for well over a year now. I'll probably always play here and there.

Plus phantom of the kill is soon and I hear nothing but good things about Granblue fantasy with the English version coming. Lol.

Once I get over a game, that's it. I know I won't ever go back to it, so I don't even log in. Right now if I had only one to go forward with, it'd be Galaxy of Heroes probably, but I am really liking FWT. Chain Chronicle was fun but the terrible rates killed it for me. Chromatic Souls is good but too slow/time consuming. I need more automation in my life :p

MiTYH

Drop some.

True words. I had a bunch of games going (9?) but was only logging into more than half just for bonuses. Dropped Marvel Galaxy, Terra Battle, Fate/Order, HunterxHunter and a few others. I was into P&D before, but got out for a year, tried to get back in and felt overwhelmed.

Currently I just play the following every day:
- One Piece Treasure Cruise (Global is main, but I have JP installed for kicks and, incredibly hypocritically, log in bonuses)
- DBZ Dokkan Battle
- Chain Chronicle

...is that really it? Wow I did cut back a lot. To be fair I do play Pokemon Shuffle, which combined with those three take up a lot of time. I have Fantasy Tactics installed, played the tutorial but wasn't enthralled. Chromatic Souls was meh for me. Currently I'm just waiting patiently for all these JP ones to get to english (if ever)

Any other good recommendations? English only (I do like a lot of JP games but I prefer reading/understanding it all). I've tried most of what's in this thread at least once but I'm willing to jump back into things if timing/guides are right

commish

Seems Phantom of the Kill comes out tonight.

I can't play another! I think Dragon Blaze might get retired. Or FWT.

Uthred

Facing a similar decision myself, DB and FWT just seem to take so much grinding, even compared to similar games. Dont think I could squeeze PotK in as well.

Edit: Seems Phantom of the Kill is already out, made a Canadian account and downloaded it

chrono01

Yeah, I just check the Canadian store and it's there! I'll download it in a bit.

I wonder if it's going to be like Chain Chronicle where the only way to re-roll is to transfer your account to another device to restart a new account on your primary. It seems like they prefer to tie your account information to the device itself, so the only other way to get rid of it is to factory reset your phone.

I hope it's not the same thing here. :/

Uthred

Yeah, I just check the Canadian store and it's there! I'll download it in a bit.

I wonder if it's going to be like Chain Chronicle where the only way to re-roll is to transfer your account to another device to restart a new account on your primary. It seems like they prefer to tie your account information to the device itself, so the only other way to get rid of it is to factory reset your phone.

I hope it's not the same thing here. :/

Havent heard much about the game, any idea what units we should be re-rolling for?

garath

Wtf. I've been on their mailing list for ages and they just stealth release?

I don't know if I have the stomach to reroll anything. Though I wish I had in chain chronicle even years later lol.

Edit: still not out in the US. Facebook page doesn't say anything about the release either. Is this the beta?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It feels like the game runs even more shitty than the Japanese version. :/
Don't think I'm gonna reroll.

Doesnt require facebook just an email address, and a gmail one if you want into the android beta (which you could also use an android emulator for presumably)
When I tried to submit my email, it asked me to log into Facebook. Maybe it was a holdover from the old site.

Edit: Just tried it again, it keeps asking for a Facebook login.

I was playing both Chain Chronicle and Grand Sphere but the bullshit grinding of the latter one made me drop it. Art is cool, voices too but I don't to stay grinding forever more.

garath

So what's going on with phantom of the kill? They just opened the fan club. I can't imagine they would really just soft release the game without any fanfare. I can't find it on the US play store so definitely not released here

So what's going on with phantom of the kill? They just opened the fan club. I can't imagine they would really just soft release the game without any fanfare. I can't find it on the US play store so definitely not released here

most mobile games do a soft release with no fanfare to test stuff out and such

usually to other countries like Canada, New Zealand instead of to the US before actually doing a full global release

Uthred

From googling around it seems that the first unit you get in PotK is a 3* that is guaranteed to be evolveable to a 5*. Apparently Axe or Spear are preferable because they have an ultimate skill that ignores defence. From the second draw on you're using the normal gacha, ideally you want a unit that can evolve to 5*. This seems to be a list of all 5* units in the game - http://games.gaym.jp/iPhone/phantomofkill/wiki/?%E2%98%865 so if you get one of the ones listed here you should be fine. It seems that the global release has replaced some of the character art with male character art so go by the name and stats as the picture can be misleading.

Seen these characters recommended in a few places:

Masamune
Lævateinn
Parashu
Longinus (Got this one, seems to be one of the gender swapped ones as mines some guy in a bloody hood as opposed to a young girl riding a giant spear)
Artemis (
Kugel

Re-rolling, on iOS at least, is a bit of a pain so I dont think I'll bother. Though there may be gacha exclusive characters in the current gacha which are particularly desirable. Is the soft launch iOS only? Wouldnt mind an APK

commish

Yeah it doesn't seem like the release was global (despite toucharcade saying it was being released last night). I guess we get it in a week or two in the U.S. I can wait since I have enough to play atm.

chrono01

It feels like the game runs even more shitty than the Japanese version. :/
Don't think I'm gonna reroll.
A lot of the performance is could be its early release. We're essentially in beta now, it could be smoother at official release. Or, at least, that's the hope. :/

Re-rolling is frustrating, however. Doing that "tap" minigame up to 30 [with a prompt each time and no way to speed up the battles] is ugh!

Uthred

A lot of the performance is could be its early release. We're essentially in beta now, it could be smoother at official release. Or, at least, that's the hope. :/

Re-rolling is frustrating, however. Doing that "tap" minigame up to 30 [with a prompt each time and no way to speed up the battles] is ugh!

The prompts every time in that minigame is infuriating,

Top Bottom