• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

Hm, shame I missed that. Are the updates/start of aales always in a specific week day like in Europe and US?
It was the only time since the 3DS launched and it was for N3DS owners only. They update all the time, not just once a week (if that's the case in EU/NA).

dani_dc

Yeah, that sale was pretty singular, according to my friends who have been here for a while. There might be some sales, but if you're local you'll be able to pick up a cartridge for really really cheap. Check Book Town if you have one near you, they carry cart-only games more often than Book Off does, and you can get stuff for really cheap if you're lucky. Amazon Marketplace is great as well.

It was the only time since the 3DS launched and it was for N3DS owners only. They update all the time, not just once a week (if that's the case in EU/NA).

That sucks, but not surprising considering Iwata stance on prices.

I'll look around in stores, though I'll still get AC in digital, some games just work better by being always on the system.

Just remembered to check [ur=lhttp://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1001381]Nintendo Download[/url] threads, yikes, either the thread doesn't get information on Japan sales (which is possible since it's missing the capcom sales) or that's really depressing.

And yeah, in EU the store always updates on Thursday, might have exception for bigger titles, but those are usually out the same day.

Noticed some new sales on the eShop today.

Tomodachi Life (トモダチコレクション 新生活) - 3,450円
Sonic Lost World (ソニックロストワールド) - 2,700円
Sonic Generations (ソニック ジェネレーションズ) - 2,160円

They expire on 4/15

kubus

I don't have wifi in my hotel here so I just dropped by a 7Eleven and updated Streetpass Plaza there. Then I purchased the 2 pack but the download crapped out at 70% :|. My friend who was with me was getting impatient but I managed to at least download the fishing game before she got completely mad at me haha.

I really liked what I played of it so far (only had one guest). It feels very similar to the Gardening game which was probably my favorite of the last streetpass games batch.

I'll hang out in the 7Eleven tomorrow again to download the zombie game. Maybe also do my Badge Center dailies there from now on, haha. I've missed 2 weeks already :(

kubus

Finally got Zombie, as well as the Premium update. Collecting birthdays seems fun.

The exchange booth isn't updating though, anyone know why this could be? It's been stuck with the same hats and speech bubbles for two days now :/. I wonder if you need internet to have it change? Don't have wifi here unfortunately.

urfe

Had bought Xenoblade 3D the night it came out, but after 5 minutes I couldn't get into it, so I'm playing Fire Emblem, which I got free from a promotion a few years ago.

Amazing game. I'm having a lot less issues with the Japanese than I thought I would. I remember playing a SFC one and being a little intimidated.

Aizo

Banned
The exchange booth isn't updating though, anyone know why this could be? It's been stuck with the same hats and speech bubbles for two days now :/. I wonder if you need internet to have it change? Don't have wifi here unfortunately.
Probably need internet. Mine updates.

redhairedking

Had bought Xenoblade 3D the night it came out, but after 5 minutes I couldn't get into it, so I'm playing Fire Emblem, which I got free from a promotion a few years ago.

Amazing game. I'm having a lot less issues with the Japanese than I thought I would. I remember playing a SFC one and being a little intimidated.

Xenoblade takes an hour or so to really pull you in, but once you're in you're in.

dani_dc

Apparently my new 64GB SD card from amazon is waiting for me at my local convenience store. So excited to pick up Animal Crossing tonight.

Edit: Got my SD card but left my laptop at home so I can't format it to FAT32 or transfer the data.

Aizo

Banned
Apparently my new 64GB SD card from amazon is waiting for me at my local convenience store. So excited to pick up Animal Crossing tonight.

Edit: Got my SD card but left my laptop at home so I can't format it to FAT32 or transfer the data.

I thought only up to 32gb were compatible?

ubiblu

Youkai Watch 3 reveal in 12 or so hours. Who is psyched?? I've already put a good 100 hours into YW2 and cant wait for more!

dani_dc

Next week’s eShop sales

Forbidden Magna - ¥2,900
Senran Kagura 2: Shinku - ¥2,900
KORG DSN-12 - ¥1,900
KORG M01D - ¥1,500
Star ⭐️ Series: 3D Soccer - ¥200
Star ⭐️ Series: 3D Darts - ¥200
Pyramids - ¥200
World Parking Professional - ¥200
The sales start on 22 April and last until 7 May.

Fantasy Life: LINK! - ¥2,560 until 13 May.

Impotaku

We don't have a release date for 3 at all yet just some video, personally i'd start from 2 if you end up really enjoying it go back and get 1. By the time you have gotten through those, 3 will hopefully not be too far away from release.

urfe

Next week’s eShop sales

Forbidden Magna - ¥2,900
Senran Kagura 2: Shinku - ¥2,900
KORG DSN-12 - ¥1,900
KORG M01D - ¥1,500
Star ⭐️ Series: 3D Soccer - ¥200
Star ⭐️ Series: 3D Darts - ¥200
Pyramids - ¥200
World Parking Professional - ¥200
The sales start on 22 April and last until 7 May.

Fantasy Life: LINK! - ¥2,560 until 13 May.

Also, Dragon Quest games (except Mori Mori) are all 3000 yen now.

cuilan

Quick question about the NES games available on the 3DS VC: do any/all of them support 3D? Or is that just for the remix editions?

New themes for my n3Ds make me happy >.<

UDT9xnf.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Glad I checked this thread. I totally forgot Bravely Second was coming out today.

Working on plenty of other games, but I think I'll find time for BS.

Glad I checked this thread. I totally forgot Bravely Second was coming out today.

Working on plenty of other games, but I think I'll find time for BS.

I'm tempted to download because I'm so impatient, but I'm trying to hold out for the arrival of my CE of the game

Pixeluh

Grabbed fantasy life LINK! the other day. ( Too lazy to wait for the sale, shame on me. )

I haven't played it much, it's actually boring to me? Or maybe it's just hard to get into? I don't see all the hype around it.

Gonna be purchasing a DQ game tomorrow. Has anyone played Terry's wonderland?

Import finally came in after 15 days. So pretty!

you have exactly what i want.

white 3ds
extra plate
daigasso P

edit: did some searching and came up with a nice purchase:

1 Daigassou! Band Brothers P (Nintendo 3DS (3DS), Japan, NTSC J) US$ 22.99
1 Play-Asia.com 3DS XL Pouch (Nintendo 3DS LL / XL) US$ 0.00
1 New Nintendo 3DS (White) (Japan, NTSC J) US$ 154.99
1 New 3DS Charger Stand (White) (New Nintendo 3DS, Japan) US$ 9.99
1 Samsung microSDXC EVO 64GB, UHS-I/Class 10 US$ 28.99

US$ 234.86 (just to play a bunch of JP rhythm games.....this is nuts)

Boogiepop

Gonna be purchasing a DQ game tomorrow. Has anyone played Terry's wonderland?

I have. It's nice, but I'm totally biased by my amazement at the update to one of my childhood favorites. Ultimately, you shouldn't expect much depth from the plot, and know that the dungeons are all randomized stuff. Still a very charming little game, and also notably pretty simplistic on the Japanese.

Pixeluh

I have. It's nice, but I'm totally biased by my amazement at the update to one of my childhood favorites. Ultimately, you shouldn't expect much depth from the plot, and know that the dungeons are all randomized stuff. Still a very charming little game, and also notably pretty simplistic on the Japanese.

Should I get Terry's wonderland 3D or Dragon Quest Monsters 2? I have DQ VII on my 3ds and love it. :)

Boogiepop

Should I get Terry's wonderland 3D or Dragon Quest Monsters 2? I have DQ VII on my 3ds and love it. :)

I actually still need to play 2, funny enough. As far as I know there shouldn't be any significant need to play 1 before 2, but like I said, I haven't played 2 yet. Oh, and I totally forgot to mention, but Terry's Wonderland has a number of nice little nods to DQ VI. It's not huge, but I ended up playing VI shortly before it by pure chance and really enjoyed it as a sort of companion title.

Yasawas

Is Bravely Second on the eShop? I've been hit hard by customs twice recently so reluctant to import and it's hard to browse gaming sites at work but I note amazon.jp doesn't seem to sell download codes for it.

Josephl64

so what 3DS eshop games does everybody recommend(I can take VC titles as recommendations to).

Finished Primitive Princess, Ecco 3D, SMB2, & both FE titles available so I need something else.

Pixeluh

so what 3DS eshop games does everybody recommend(I can take VC titles as recommendations to).

Finished Primitive Princess, Ecco 3D, SMB2, & both FE titles available so I need something else.

I like DQ VII, Animal Crossing New World, Ace Attorney, ect.

ryushe

Does anyone know how long Tenso holds non-consolidated items in their warehouse?

I've had a faceplate sitting there for about a month now, but I don't wanna send it out until either Rhythm Tengoku or Dragon Ball Extreme Butoden releases first.

kubus

Does anyone know how long Tenso holds non-consolidated items in their warehouse?

I've had a faceplate sitting there for about a month now, but I don't wanna send it out until either Rhythm Tengoku or Dragon Ball Extreme Butoden releases first.

From their FAQ:

Q: Can I store my package at Tenso.com's warehouse for over 60 days?

A: We're sorry but no, you cannot. We require that you process your shipment within 60 days of your package's arrival.
Ater 60 days we will deal with your package in accordance with our terms of use.

Not sure when those games you mentioned are coming out but maybe you can email them to check if it's okay to hold your faceplate a bit longer?

ryushe

Ah, ok. I'll just ship what I have there now. I just wanted to save by consolidating, but it's no biggie. Thanks for the info.

Are there any translations/guides for a system transfer? I got a Japanese 3DS a few years ago and just recently grabbed a New Nintendo 3DS LL. I don't have much tied to my original system(just Super Mario Deluxe and some demos) but with the requirement to have a Nintendo Network ID to access the eShop even for updates and free demos I am gonna need to do the transfer since the LL will be my main unit. I could always just make a new NN id but I'd like to avoid that as I don't have a spare email address to attach it to.

Any help is appreciated!

Top Bottom