• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

JimPanzer

Oh... look what came in the mail today. I am now ready for the 28th. I kind of wonder why I am not just getting MHX from the eShop. I have it preordered from NY. Hmm...

I'm getting both. Love the cover design, but MH is definitely the title to own digital.

Doombear

I'm getting both. Love the cover design, but MH is definitely the title to own digital.

I kind of think I am going to end up with both myself... I know that I won't be patient enough to wait for it to get here in the mail but I do still want it. Hell, I am kind of toying with the idea of buying MH4G retail as well just to have it even though I have clocked in 300+ hours in MH4U and would likely not even open it! Problems.

JimPanzer

I kind of think I am going to end up with both myself... I know that I won't be patient enough to wait for it to get here in the mail but I do still want it. Hell, I am kind of toying with the idea of buying MH4G retail as well just to have it even though I have clocked in 300+ hours in MH4U and would likely not even open it! Problems.

I bought MH4G after I changed from my EU 3DS to my JP 3DS too. Had around 300 hours with MH4U as well and now closing in on 100h of MH4G. I think theres a little bonus in MHX of you own MH4G, probably nothing special though.

Dingens

with the announcement of the new culdcept, is there anyone else who owns the "original" 3ds one? I'd love to play that some time :7

Aizo

Banned
So, does this Joysound app work with the Wii U one? If I add credit to one of them, can I use it on both?
I love the Wii U one.

So, does this Joysound app work with the Wii U one? If I add credit to one of them, can I use it on both?
I love the Wii U one.
I added bought a ¥2.000 credit and activated it yesterday on my Wii U. I don't have my 3DS with me today, but I'll check later and let you know.

Well, I kinda knew it. Karaoke on 3DS and Wii U are different things and therefore, if you want to play the 3DS version, you need to buy a separate ticket for that. But it doesn't really matter, because the 3DS version is SUPER BAD.

Aizo

Banned
Well, I kinda knew it. Karaoke on 3DS and Wii U are different things and therefore, if you want to play the 3DS version, you need to buy a separate ticket for that. But it doesn't really matter, because the 3DS version is SUPER BAD.

I knew you'd be the one to reply for me for sure. Sucks that it's no good. I still don't have wifi in my place, so the last time i did karaoke was at a dirty little place in the city.
Edit:
Worth mentioning that you can now registeer a Japanese Nintendo Account. Looks like it links with your NNID from what the reddit thread is saying.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_account/index.html
Thanks! It only took like 1 minute to do this. I was excited when I saw the あなただけ割引, but then
「現在、有効な「あなただけ割引」はありません。」
Damn.

Dingens

Worth mentioning that you can now registeer a Japanese Nintendo Account. Looks like it links with your NNID from what the reddit thread is saying.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_account/index.html

ニンテンドーネットワークIDに
登録されている国情報が日本でないため、
連携をして登録することができません。

seems like I'm logged in with my non-japanese account or something... but I never did... what? I don't get it.
Or is it because I'm not in japan atm?

ニンテンドーネットワークIDに
登録されている国情報が日本でないため、
連携をして登録することができません。

seems like I'm logged in with my non-japanese account or something... but I never did... what? I don't get it.

Check the browser Miiverse site to see if you're logged in with a non-JP account. That's what happened to me.

ニンテンドーネットワークIDに
登録されている国情報が日本でないため、
連携をして登録することができません。

It grabs your NNID info automatically from Miiverse. So as the other guy said go see if you're logged in.

colon

I was thinking of importing a 3DS to play Monster Hunter X and TriForce Heroes with a couple of friends in Tokyo, but I'm in NY. If we play together will there be extreme amounts of lag that will make the games unplayable?

Dingens

Check the browser Miiverse site to see if you're logged in with a non-JP account. That's what happened to me.

thanks, exactly what I figured, but was to tired to check.
seems to work now

I was thinking of importing a 3DS to play Monster Hunter X and TriForce Heroes with a couple of friends in Tokyo, but I'm in NY. If we play together will there be extreme amounts of lag that will make the games unplayable?

From my experience of playing Mh4 (vanilla) with people from Europe, Japan and the US at the same time, lag is usually not that big of a deal. the only situation where you will notice it, is when somebody is trying to hit you who's like standing 4 meters from your position.

I can't speak for Triforce heroes though

akileese

So I'm having an issue registering for my Japanese Nintendo Account. I logged in with my NNID (definitely the correct Japanese one as I know it's akileesetres). When I login, nickname defaults to this "みぬやさら" and I have no idea what that means. I erase it and enter the name I want..and then when I hit submit I get the error below:

リクエストされた内容に誤りがあります

Which translates to There is an error in the content that has been requested.

Anyone else get this one?

edit: Food for thought...If I create an account, can I link my NNID/FB/Google/Twitter/tinder or whatever the hell after I create it or does it have to be a before process? I haven't tried this yet.

tiijj

Try a different browser (this one worked for me) or turn off your auto-translate in your browser, I think someone mentioned this in the other post.

You can add/remove those anytime you want but I think for NNID you can only register one but you can remove it. If you put it back again, it put back the one that you removed.

akileese

Try a different browser (this one worked for me) or turn off your auto-translate in your browser, I think someone mentioned this in the other post.

You can add/remove those anytime you want but I think for NNID you can only register one but you can remove it. If you put it back again, it put back the one that you removed.

Thanks! It was Chrome. I went ahead and used Edge and it went through fine.

e: Wow. Chrome gives me all sorts of problems. Can't reset passwords...Can't even log in.

pronk420

Loving all the demos on the e-Shop, I tried the Sonic Powered train ones (I think its Tetsudo Nippon?) and they seem pretty neat. Is there anywhere with info on this stuff online?

I'm thinking of getting one but can't find famitsu scores or anything for them apart from the official website. The main reason I ask is because the two that look coolest don't have any info on how long the rail lines are, and I don't want something you can drive in like 5 minutes!

edit: Also thinking about monster strike.. since they didn't even release the iOS version in Europe it seems unlikely it will come here?

Got Medarot 9 preloaded. Looking forward to it since I liked both 8 and the demo for 9.

Went Kuwagata since I like both Rokusho and the starting Medarot better.

JimPanzer

anyone tried Monster Strike for the 3ds yet? I was always interested in the game but couldn't play it due to my mobilephone being windows brand (...).
if anyone tried, how's the language level? I belief it has furigana and from what I've seen I should be doing fine with N3ish language profiency?

pronk420

so LostPlanet Ex Troopers is 50% off on the eStore at the moment, making it about 1500 yen, which is pretty cheap, especially compared to importing the physical version.

pronk420

anyone tried Monster Strike for the 3ds yet? I was always interested in the game but couldn't play it due to my mobilephone being windows brand (...).
if anyone tried, how's the language level? I belief it has furigana and from what I've seen I should be doing fine with N3ish language profiency?

I'm curious about this too - it's fairly cheap, is it playable with no Japanese? I've made my way through some fairly complicated things before like beyond labyrinth.

I'm looking for Cover Plate 71 (Nintendo Hanafuda)

Am I likely to find it for less than £25 delivered (eBay)?

The spreadsheet in the OP doesn't list it so I think it must be fairly new?

Not sure if this is a great topic for this but I'm looking at used game stores in Japan. My plan was to go to a large HardOff preferably near a train station, but it looks like there aren't so many in Kawasaki. Instead it seems like a bunch have been converted to "Super Wattman" stores.

Does anyone know much about these? Do they still have good game / game hardware selections?

If not I might head out to Hachioji since it seems like the best option for a massive HardOff/BookOff/HobbyOff all in one that's at least somewhat near an accessible station.

tiijj

I'm looking for Cover Plate 71 (Nintendo Hanafuda)

Am I likely to find it for less than £25 delivered (eBay)?

The spreadsheet in the OP doesn't list it so I think it must be fairly new?

The spreadsheet has some stores that sells cover plates, if you click any of the cover plate link, you can search the store for the item that you want. In the spreadsheet it has Amazon JP, Amiami, Nippon Yasan, Nin Nin, and Playasia. Amazon JP, Nippon Yasan, and Nin Nin are the only ones that has it in stock.

Nin-nin: http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/3ds-...es-no-071-mario-playing-cards-new-3ds-en.html

NY: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/video-game-accessories/14856-new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no071.html

You can also get it at Amazon JP. BUT you need a mail forwarding like tenso.com since Amazon JP

Thanks!

I ordered it on eBay earlier, and I'm happy. I could have saved £3 (approx 12.5%) buying through nin-nin and I will do so next time!

pronk420

Has anyone played elminage gothic or ibun? They're pretty cheap on the eshop, but I guess they might be quite hard with little Japanese? Would gothic be doable reading an English walkthrough? Is Ibun good?

PantsuJo

Has anyone played elminage gothic or ibun? They're pretty cheap on the eshop, but I guess they might be quite hard with little Japanese? Would gothic be doable reading an English walkthrough? Is Ibun good?
I played Elminage Gothic on PC and if the 3DS version is the same I suggest you to buy it. It's a classic dungeon crawler, with its strength points and weakness, no particular feature but a fantastic OST, indeed.

pronk420

I played Elminage Gothic on PC and if the 3DS version is the same I suggest you to buy it. It's a classic dungeon crawler, with its strength points and weakness, no particular feature but a fantastic OST, indeed.

Would it be hard to play without being able to read anything? I'm guessing yes?

pronk420

I imported it, with absolutely no Japanese except hai and iee I'm doing fine.. It has furigana and it's pretty easy to figure out what to do next even when you have no idea what's going on!

The game is a lot of fun so far, they should localise it.

My new faceplates are looking sweet!

12547347_1696561867251242_24257019_n.jpg

PantsuJo

Would it be hard to play without being able to read anything? I'm guessing yes?
Sorry for late answer. Well, I can't say this for sure. Reading text is needed for interact with npc and team between quests and there are some cool dialogues.
The gameplay is classic for dungeon crawlers but I don't know if is really enjoyable only in Japanese...

//ARCANUM

Hey all, I'm thinking about getting these faceplates, but am wondering how they look on a white n3DS. can't find any pics. Can anyone help out?

new-3ds-01.jpg

Also considering getting the felt ones, but I'm worried because I get sweaty hands while playing and I'm worried that it will damage the felt cover plates after a while, leaving dark splotches. Anyone have the felt plates that can comment?

Hey all, I'm thinking about getting these faceplates, but am wondering how they look on a white n3DS. can't find any pics. Can anyone help out?

new-3ds-01.jpg

Also considering getting the felt ones, but I'm worried because I get sweaty hands while playing and I'm worried that it will damage the felt cover plates after a while, leaving dark splotches. Anyone have the felt plates that can comment?
Why not get the same design in white? I'm rocking the white one and I like it a lot, because it looks quite unobtrusive which is cool. Choosing the black one would look kinda strange imho.

Halabane

Got my first amazon direct ship today. Good news shipping was pretty fast.

The bad news for me is that its DHL. They require a signature so it means time off from work or a 40 mile drive to the DHL office. DHL stopped US delivery years ago and just do international stuff, usually big things for businesses. They will leave it at your house if you will blind sign for it and then trust they will leave it. The other services just leave it but DHL won't. So Tenso is still relevant for me. [can't have packages delivered to work]

Dingens

Got my first amazon direct ship today. Good news shipping was pretty fast.

The bad news for me is that its DHL. They require a signature so it means time off from work or a 40 mile drive to the DHL office. DHL stopped US delivery years ago and just do international stuff, usually big things for businesses. They will leave it at your house if you will blind sign for it and then trust they will leave it. The other services just leave it but DHL won't. So Tenso is still relevant for me. [can't have packages delivered to work]

don't you have neighbours or something? If I'm not at home, the mail man usually delivers my stuff to the closest neighbour available and leaves me a message

Can anyone link me to a replacement stylus on Amazon.co.jp? Can't find any with anything in Japanese.

I'm ordering a Hori Screen Protector for my (American) Small New 3DS, and figure I might as well pick up a stylus while I'm at it, since they're hard to find in the US (although admittedly not impossible, unlike said screen protector)

Impotaku

Can anyone link me to a replacement stylus on Amazon.co.jp? Can't find any with anything in Japanese.

I'm ordering a Hori Screen Protector for my (American) Small New 3DS, and figure I might as well pick up a stylus while I'm at it, since they're hard to find in the US (although admittedly not impossible, unlike said screen protector)

Do you want a full sized pen one or something that fits into the tiny slot?

This is the one i got it's pretty good. I prefer the full sized pen ones. It's got a silicone grip & you can click the stylus bit in & out when not in use.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B004H3WXJM/

Or if you want to search for more kinds just use touch pen in the search bar in Japanese. Just copy & paste this タッチペン

Do you want a full sized pen one or something that fits into the tiny slot?

This is the one i got it's pretty good. I prefer the full sized pen ones. It's got a silicone grip & you can click the stylus bit in & out when not in use.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B004H3WXJM/

Or if you want to search for more kinds just use touch pen in the search bar in Japanese. Just copy & paste this タッチペン

Thank you! I actually just want a standard replacement stylus, in case I lose the one I already have. Hence why I want something specific to the Small New 3DS.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Finally got around to ordering the hanafuda plates today, they should be in Friday.

Gonna pick up the matching theme while I'm at it.

tiijj

Thank you! I actually just want a standard replacement stylus, in case I lose the one I already have. Hence why I want something specific to the Small New 3DS.

There are some available but you're better off not using those flimsy little things and get a better stylus. I think those are smaller than the OG 3DS. Anyway here are some options:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00XU2OL46/

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00S5ZQOYS/

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00QRAD9L4/

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00Q6CNSMS/

etc...

Top Bottom