• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Persona fans rank their favorite characters in the series.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
b) what's so cool about the Persona 4 main character? I don't get it. He's not... anything.
besides JYB when he yells out persona names
He gets all the girls? I mean, he is a self-insert. Obviously they are gonna like him more because they can play out their harem fantasies through him.

The only reason Yosuke is number 2 is because of fangirls and their yaoi pairings. That's why Yu and Yosuke are at the top, I'm sure.

After seeing dozens of popularity polls, when the series has a big female fanbase this is what it comes to.

Snakeyes

I guess the Japanese audience just digs teenage boys with grey hair.

Serious question: Does the P4 MC talk in the anime or is he mute as he is in the game?

He doesn't talk a lot, but when he does it's always memorable. They portrayed him pretty well while staying true to his status as a silent protagonist.

Anteater

BUT HE'S A DOG. Once we start putting dogs on the same level as humans, where do we stop? Tokyo Jungle becoming real, man

Says Knuckles the Echidna

yJONq.png

The only reason Yosuke is number 2 is because of fangirls and their yaoi pairings. That's why Yu and Yosuke are at the top, I'm sure.

After seeing dozens of popularity polls, when the series has a big female fanbase this is what it comes to.

A character who is popular with a big part of the fanbase ranks high on a popularity poll.

The only reason on a popularity poll is, well, popularity. :p

I thought the collar was the replacement for the evoker.

BUT HE'S A DOG. Once we start putting dogs on the same level as humans, where do we stop? Tokyo Jungle becoming real, man

I'm not really seeing a problem with this.

Joking aside, he's a part of the team, so people probably voted for him just because of that. And I'm sure that he got a few votes based on being cute, loyal, more emotive than most of the cast, etc. Besides, he took votes that might have otherwise gone to Ken - anything that helps to keep Ken down a place or two is a good thing.

Ugh, Persona 4 characters, UGH. The only ones I liked in P4 were Kanji, Naoto and Dojima. Chie can just fuck off with her depressed 40 year old voice.

Best Persona characters:

1. Akihiko
2. Akihiko
3. Akihiko
4. Akihiko
5. Koromaru

Ugh, Persona 4 characters, UGH. The only ones I liked in P4 were Kanji, Naoto and Dojima. Chie can just fuck off with her depressed 40 year old voice.

Best Persona characters:

1. Akihiko
2. Akihiko
3. Akihiko
4. Akihiko
5. Koromaru

persona 3 has the worst characters out of the entire series

I guess the Japanese audience just digs teenage boys with grey hair.

Serious question: Does the P4 MC talk in the anime or is he mute as he is in the game?

He talks and gets some neat development. They actually used that as a jumping point to deconstruct the whole "silent protagonist" trope with him. It was a pretty damn interesting interpretation of him.

Yosuke is the poor man's Junpei. More hair, but less pathos. And he listens to Nickelback. Smh. He doesn't even have friends until the MC comes to town.

DJ_Lae

Eh.

Can't comment on the anime for the main character of Persona 4 but the P3 MC is way too high.

So is Fuuka.

Have you ever had a pet?

Yes, I was joking

Koromaru is the second best character in P3 after Junpei.

AGREED. Wait, after Junpei? Ehhhhh

Just look at this complex emotion:

DuAwY.jpg

I did enjoy the game's efforts to have the dog display an equal range of emotion as the other characters.

I'm not really seeing a problem with this.

Joking aside, he's a part of the team, so people probably voted for him just because of that. And I'm sure that he got a few votes based on being cute, loyal, more emotive than most of the cast, etc. Besides, he took votes that might have otherwise gone to Ken - anything that helps to keep Ken down a place or two is a good thing.

I generally enjoyed seeing him tearing Shadows up, especially with his awesome Persona, and I doubt I'm the only one, so yeah I get why he made the list. He deserved it! And yes, anything to keep Ken off. If only he'd absorbed all the Yukari votes, too

Herla

He doesn't talk a lot, but when he does it's always memorable. They portrayed him pretty well while staying true to his status as a silent protagonist.

Also, the True Ending episode was pretty awesome in fleshing out his character. I wonder if it's considered canon...

Yosuke is the poor man's Junpei. More hair, but less pathos. And he listens to Nickelback. Smh. He doesn't even have friends until the MC comes to town.

Junpei was great until he got all pissy and passive agressive, and
the bit with Chidori is awkward and clumsy and never goes anywhere
. Junpei is like half great, further cementing in my mind the idea that P3 is just really uneven.

Top Bottom