• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Police Arrest 36-Year-Old Man on Suspicion of Tampering With Pokémon Violet Save Data

Comedy Central Thank You GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

consoul

Now I just want the Police Cyber Patrol game, where you raid dingy Tokyo apartments and arrest harmless shut-ins.

Nintendo first party please.

A.Romero

The reason for high conviction rate is because there is no presumption of innocence and also because of very high pressure tactics by Japanese cops. They can hold people on pretty much solitary almost indefinitely
There you go. Not cool.

AREYOUOKAY?

It maybe a harmless crime, but he's taking huge advantage of really lazy idiots with those absurd prices. All it takes is a text or Youtube tutorial and you can do it yourselves for free in minutes.

Even I could start up this scam if I chose to.

kAfs1Vw.jpg
2rC57YP.jpg

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Living in a place were the criminality is off the charts in all spheres of society and the impunity is endemic... I wouldnt mind at all that the headline of the week was "guy gets 5 years for selling pokemon" ... to paint the picture In my country if you torture and kill your own daughter you will be in jail for about 5 years tops and after about 2 years you get the privilege to spend holidays with the rest of the family.. including children's day, Christmas, etc...

So...first world problems I guess..

DavJay

Lock him up. He is a danger to society. Much more dangerous than does that commit assault and just get fined.

FStubbs

America may have harsher punishments on the books, but in many urban cities, Soros-backed DAs are prosecuting less and less criminals. So they get arrested, and then just go right back out into the streets within 24 hours. Yes, crime rate isn't going to be affected by just one variable. My response was to the poster who asked if crime exists at all in Japan.
Soros doesn't have enough money to do 1/5 of the stuff people like you accuse him of doing.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Crime exists, but unlike America, you actually get locked up when you commit a crime in Japan. Shinzo Abe, the former prime minister of Japan, was assassinated just a couple years ago. The killer is facing a life sentence.
The US has an over 10 times higher incarceration rate.

Top Bottom