• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese sales of The Wonderful 101 are not wonderful...at all...

Bayonetta 2 to PS4 please.

I have a Wii-U but I rather have it on a next gen console.
tumblr_mni1mkqCiq1soayfxo1_400.gif

TL21xx

Banned
Good thing Nintendo absorbed the whole cost of development. This shouldn't affect PG financially right?

Yes and no. It doesn't affect the day to day operation cost, but it won't help them in getting future projects not based on an existing IP.

Weirdly, this is actually making me more likely to pick up a Wii U sooner. I had been planning to wait for prices to go through the floor, but now it looks like TW101 will be nearly impossible to find in a few years.

MDX

Or maybe the game does not resonate with Japanese audiences as it hopefully will with western audiences.

Anteo

Weirdly, this is actually making me more likely to pick up a Wii U sooner. I had been planning to wait for prices to go through the floor, but now it looks like TW101 will be nearly impossible to find in a few years.

Or you could just:

-Buy a copy now, get the WiiU later.
-Get a digital copy (lol)

Row

Banned
Good thing Nintendo absorbed the whole cost of development. This shouldn't affect PG financially right?

Of course it does, reflects poorly on them and their ability to get publisher support in the future will be hurt by this

Shauni

It's never surprising when a PG game bombs, but it always hurts a little. One of the few developers that I feel a genuine love for. Oh well, at least the game exists, and I'll have it day one even if I don't have a Wii U by then. It's all I can do, I guess.

Neiteio

It bombs because the WiiU bombs. That's why third parties either ditch the system, or drop their exclusives (I.E. Rayman, Deus Ex, etc).

It bombs because the WiiU bombs. That's why third parties either ditch the system, or drop their exclusives (I.E. Rayman, Deus Ex, etc).

There is bombs and then there is W101.

Those numbers are a disaster even with Wii U numbers at hand. The sell-through ratio of the shipment is a joke....

Top Bottom