• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese sales of The Wonderful 101 are not wonderful...at all...

I assume you haven't actually played the game.

That looks like a GameCube game to you? You might want to get your eyes checked.

You're right. It's nowhere near as good as this:

metroid-prime-trilogy-20090804115935933.jpg

And this screenshot has the crappy old IGN artifacting going on.

At least Samus has fingers.

• It's a weird game nobody asked for
  • Most reviews complained about the awkward controls which for a combat game is not good
  • It's on a dead platform
  • It's quite similar to Pikmin 3
  • Nobody gives a fuck
  • (I really like the game)

Trogdor1123

Im not really surprised myself. The game looks pretty lame to me. I know that lots of Gaf seems to love it but I just think it looks meh at best. Different strokes for different folks it would seem.

I'll never understand this image. Nobody ever promoted TW101 as something that could save the system, we always knew it would be a great game that would find a small niche that love it.

I think that image was in response to someone posting a list of games that will "save" the Wii U, and Wonderful101 was one of them.

I would stop right here and right now...

You're a junior and mindless trolling for juniors can be devastating.

I'm not trolling. I geniunely think Metroid Prime looks better than Wonderful101.

Kater

Banned
Is the japanese market even the right market for it? I don't want to defend those terrible sales numbers but couldn't it also be just the style that japanese people are not all too much into. It's pixar-esque in some way (the characters), maybe that isn't what the people there look for in a game? And it is also a new IP.
And yeah, the small userbase of the Wii U doesn't help either but it will be interesting to see the numbers from the release week in western regions.

JazzmanZ

Hold up it appears #14 on the media create chart which isn't half bad even for the first week. Perhaps it will pick up overtime.

methodman

Banned
These threads are always such a mockery of gaf rules. Every other poster asking for w101 and bayonetta2 on their favorite console. If this was going on in a ps4/xbone thread with wii u owners, they'd all be banned.

Does this surprise anyone? It's a console with abysmal sales and a completely niche game.

I say this as someone who loves my Wii U and is enjoying playing W101.

Regiruler

*Punches wall*
Graphics may not matter to you, but the general populace that games on consoles generally do.

The character models are ass because you need to be able to zoom out so far and have 100 of the fuckers on the screen. The environments are really good and the enemies are decent, but the real treasure is how smooth it is no matter how many things are going on. You can have 5 weapons out a once and you would expect massive slowdown, but there isn't.
Time slow mechanic joke incoming

elhav

Can't wait to buy it! Japonese have strange tastes anyway.

Yeah, but W101 doesn't exactly look generic or regular, does it?
I actualy believed it would really succeed over there. I guess if it's not a Monster hunter or Pokemon style game, it's not gonna sell that that well nowadays.

Hatty

I guess this proves that nintendo directs aren't great at advertising to new audiences and they mostly preach to the choir

Thorakai

All right fellow AMERICANS it is time for us to save the world again and push The Wonderful 101 as a success.

I can't help since I won't be buying a Wii U soon at all. GOD SPEED.

You're right. It's nowhere near as good as this:

metroid-prime-trilogy-20090804115935933.jpg

And this screenshot has the crappy old IGN artifacting going on.

At least Samus has fingers.

Yeah, so do the Wonderful 101 characters. Dude, just stop. You obviously don't have a clue what you're going on about since you haven't even played the game.

I think that image was in response to someone posting a list of games that will "save" the Wii U, and Wonderful101 was one of them.

I'm not trolling. I geniunely think Metroid Prime looks better than Wonderful101.

The scale of both games can't be compared. Look for a video, W101 has a lot of things going on the screen and visual effects that the GC can't even dream having.

Im not really surprised myself. The game looks pretty lame to me. I know that lots of Gaf seems to love it but I just think it looks meh at best. Different strokes for different folks it would seem.

Agreed. The actual game part leaves me cold. Like where you draw a circle around people to save them and shit.

I would have prefered some advance wars type game with a bunch of superheroes.

Such sad news. Still looking forward to the NA release. I hope this doesn't hurt Platinum Games too much. They'll be needing those MS dollars.

Not surprising since the game looks like a Gamecube-era game:

Graphics may not matter to you, but the general populace that games on consoles generally do.

This post is so wrong and makes it so obvious that you haven´t played the game/have no idea what you are talking about.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Henceforth, bombing this astronomically hard will be called "101-ing".

"Dude, you heard about Game X? It completely 101'd!"

"Say what?"

I'll go edit Urbandictionary.

What, this came out? Oh, its on a system most of us don't really care about. Hey, it did better than Mad World. That's gotta be something right? >_>

Regiruler

For people complaining about ad space, from what I've seen a lot of their budget is going to NSLU.

I mean Finding Luigi was a good video but Luigi was going to sell regardless.

Top Bottom