• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese sales of The Wonderful 101 are not wonderful...at all...

Sendou

It just goes to show how utterly worthless Nintendo Direct is for marketing.
They spammed 101 on that plenty of times.
Nintendo need to return to the big trade shows, press conferences galore.

It's far from worthless. Actually considering how it is more or less free marketing starting them is one of the best moves Nintendo has made recently. It just isn't good enough alone. They need traditional marketing channels too.

And the demo didn't do a really good job introducing the game to people. You have to play a few times to start to get it,i wonder how many people downloaded the demo and got turned off of the game because of that.

But the demo is perfect man! You are just. Not drawing that L with skillz!

/ sarcasm

I actually love my Wii U. I think everything about is perfect except for the useless (IMO) Gamepad and Nintendo's senior management being out of touch with the competition. They could use a nice graphical showpiece sometime soon, since the Wii U is capable of it.

Wii U is my preferred primary console. PS4/X1 will be my secondary.
PC is my primary now, but I'd be a lot more excited about Wii U if it had fucking party chat and full blown account system that nearly everyone else uses.
If this game completely bombs worldwide it's a sad day for diversity in console gaming.
I was gonna say buy a PC, but then I see this in bold.
I don't think they are cute even for the Japanese audience. This is cute:
ugh no

I was probably going to get it close to D1 but the demo showed me nothing fantastic. I couldn't imagine wanting to play 101 over Pikmin so I didn't bother.

This doesn't actually affect Platinum's financial security in any way though, right?
They work on a 'publisher pays and collects the profits' model right? So, it's Nintendo's problem?

It will affect their ability for find work. Which affects their financial security.

Is basically like selling a broken house. They got the money sure, but will they sell another.

Not sure how this is shocking to anyone.

It's a game from a niche developer on a system that is not selling.

Helen Keller could have seen this coming.

The U.S. release is also being sent to die by launching the same week at GTA V. :(

-Horizon-

I don't think they are cute even for the Japanese audience. This is cute:

Super-Mario-3D-World-cat-1152x1152.jpg

Yeesh. That just doesn't look right.

Wow, so sad. I was expecting it to do better in Japan than the US, so it's looking like this will be an OMEGA BOMBA when all is said and done. Anyone know how the game did in EU for comparison sake?

Riki

It will affect their ability for find work. Which affects their financial security.

Is basically like selling a broken house. They got the money sure, but will they sell another.
Platinum has had this problem for a while. After Sega left they were having problems getting funding. Luckily Konami and Nintendo stepped in.

Haunted

So if only Nintendo fans buy WiiUs

and only Nintendo fans support Wonderful 101 because it's published by Nintendo

does that mean there are only 6000 Nintendo fans left in Japan?

Kater

Banned
They're cute chibi sentai characters. If the Japanese market isn't right for it, nothing is.

sentai-what-now?
They look like Pixar characters imo, that's why I think that it could achieve a much greater amount of sales in America and other western regions compared to those Japan sales numbers.

Regiruler

sentai-what-now?
They look like Pixar characters imo, that's why I think that it could achieve a much greater amount of sales in America and other western regions compared to those Japan sales numbers.

So much ignorance in one post.
Sentai = the Japanese original version of Power Rangers, essentially

x-Lundz-x

Wow. Someone missed marketing 101.

Nintendo certainly did.

They are both for entirely different audiences though. I doubt GTA will test your skill at all.

A good majority of current WiiU owners in NA most likely also own a 360 and/or PS3. What game do you think is going to take priority (for most of them) if they are looking for something new to play that week? This game should have been released months ago.

Will still top 5k sales.

Possibly.

QaaQer

I would have bought it on PS3, I think.

The gameplay would have been very different though, since there's no gamepad.

I wonder if the the super-high resolution touchpad would be better for this type of mechanic on ds4 vs wiiu-pad? The finicky nature of finger controled resistance touch screens may have turned off many of the demo users, idk...does anyone know how many times the demo was downloaded?

FDC1

Wow, so sad. I was expecting it to do better in Japan than the US, so it's looking like this will be an OMEGA BOMBA when all is said and done. Anyone know how the game did in EU for comparison sake?

It started at n°14 in UK rankings so probably in the 2k-3k range at best.

not surprising

it's (like Madworld) super niche and very unique (somehow).
IMO it fits perfectly to the WiiU. even if it's gonna bomb.

It's a really good game once you master the controls.
Every gamer should give it at least a try.
don't forget: demo available and there's also some deal to get it cheaper if you bought Pikmin 3 first

Kamiya thoughts today.

I don't blame him, who gives a fuck???

Play the game or don't, it's available.

We're not shareholdes or Nintendo employees.

Not speaking about this thread as it is about sales(even though I still don't care) but why do people bombard Kamiya with shit that doesn't affect them???

Top Bottom