• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Sega fans re-imagine the 16-bit console war in anime form.

Snakeyes

In response to the wiitomic bomb, the Micro Confederacy developes a new kinetic superweapon. It's unveiling provides a large boost to the moral of common troops, but new weapon holds a shameful secret. It's guidance systems is completely inadequate. The Micro Confederacy simply cannot control the direction of the weapon once deployed, making it impossible to hit valuable targets such as the much coveted land of Harcordia.

In the war room of the Sunny HQ, the military leaders are discussing the increasingly grim contractor situation...

"Gentlemen, our strong contractor ties have been historically instrumental to our nation's dominance and in these times where greed and betrayal runs rampant, we must again rely on their support. What are the latest updates from the Fanta family?"

"Satin has voiced his disdain for civilization and become a pacifist, Sir."

"What about the promising mercenary group led by his cousin Barsus?"

"We have been trying to send them to the frontlines for months, Sir, but they seem more interested in designing their fashionable new uniforms than joining the fight."

"That is truly a shame. How can such a prestigious lineage have fallen so low? Lord Seven must be rolling in his grave. Anything on our resident cyber-warfare-expert-turned-socialite, Atlas?"

"No good news on that front either, I'm afraid. There are reports of his new OS4 being exclusively available to Ninterudo Handheldians."

"Well, shi-"

The tense briefing is interrupted by a visibly shaken officer busting into the room.

"Ray Blue, Sir, Communications Squad. Our radars have picked up a massive amount of Ninterudo forces rapidly approaching our waters. The intel team is unable to gauge the amount of FLOPs they're carrying."

General Butler becomes silent, his face contorting with rage. After what seems like an eternity, he finally utters:

"Get the Micro HQ on the line. It's time to discuss an alliance."

"yeah you guys may have Saroid and Zelig and Masa, but we have... arcade tetris and columns"

Yep, why does the Nintendo team look much better than the sega one, even the character designs?
Arent the ones from sega the main characters from the anime?

Is it going to do that the nintendo enemies arent so bad, and then sony comes at the end as an alien race or some shit and they have to unite?

The whole manga (so far) is onlin, not sure how close to this the anime will be yet: http://oab.sakura.ne.jp/gia/story/0/page1a.htm

It's a bit ecchi here and there, but at least it's not loli like Neptunia haha.

Oh shit, is SMB The Movie Yoshi! lol

That page is horribly done and needs a huge fix for ti to be readable, most of the time I dont know if im going forward in the story, how the manga is done dont help either, becuase even if you dont understand japanese you can understand drawing and were it goes and this one is not really good doing it.

No Madden (or DKC for SNES). I know it's focused on Japan, but I mean, really.

Donkey Kong is in it. Saw him in the Manga. The cast you see isn't the full cast either.

uqYRo.jpg

Sorry, I didn't mean DK was in that picture, just that there are more characters than what's shown. DK isn't in the picture either.

Boerseun

Banned
Wow! I'd love to catch this show! The concept alone has me sold.

Sony wins in the end.

Nah! Their kingdom overspent on mercenaries. Now the coffers are empty, Good King Ken has dissappeared, while the rabble lead by the pretender Kaz have brought chaos to the land.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Why are you saying fans? You make it sound like some fan-made production, when this is an actual product coming out.

NeonZ

I haven't been into anime for a while and this looks really neat. Who are Fare and Foster supposed to be?

"Fare" is a generic representation of "Fire Emblem", Foster is Fox (Star Fox - Fox Star). Art really doesn't resemble him at all, but he's apparently going to be a pilot.

Many people already say Gainax is on the low end these days. I'm sure you didn't watch the shows they had this year (or much anime at all if that is your opinion of the medium).

Excuse me if i dont like the actual situation of the anime, good for you if you enjoy these series.but that "im sure" no son,you are sure of nothing cause you dont know me or know what series i have tried -ergo proxy- black lagoon- blood plus-gantz-planetes-etcetc some are decent,some have good art,but i found everyone of them failing on one thing or another.

DrWong

The Sunny Empire sends a new army to the ghettos but it is completely wiped out when the great General MonHun betrays his men and switches sides to lead a resurgent Ninterudo force. Meanwhile Ninterudo ninjas sneak into the heart of the occupied lands they once controlled and steal the Bayonet superweapon from its rightful owners. The people begin rioting in the streets even as Emperor Kaz tries to assure them that all is well.

The sun begins to set on the Sunny Empire. Tune in next time for the sequel.

In the war room of the Sunny HQ, the military leaders are discussing the increasingly grim contractor situation...

"Gentlemen, our strong contractor ties have been historically instrumental to our nation's dominance and in these times where greed and betrayal runs rampant, we must again rely on their support. What are the latest updates from the Fanta family?"

"Satin has voiced his disdain for civilization and become a pacifist, Sir."

"What about the promising mercenary group led by his cousin Barsus?"

"We have been trying to send them to the frontlines for months, Sir, but they seem more interested in designing their fashionable new uniforms than joining the fight."

"That is truly a shame. How can such a prestigious lineage have fallen so low? Lord Seven must be rolling in his grave. Anything on our resident cyber-warfare-expert-turned-socialite, Atlas?"

"No good news on that front either, I'm afraid. There are reports of his new OS4 being exclusively available to Ninterudo Handheldians."

"Well, shi-"

The tense briefing is interrupted by a visibly shaken officer busting into the room.

"Ray Blue, Sir, Communications Squad. Our radars have picked up a massive amount of Ninterudo forces rapidly approaching our waters. The intel team is unable to gauge the amount of FLOPs they're carrying."

General Butler becomes silent, his face contorting with rage. After what seems like an eternity, he finally utters:

"Get the Micro HQ on the line. It's time to discuss an alliance."

and the other related posts

I laughed. Thanks guys.

Top Bottom