• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Sega fans re-imagine the 16-bit console war in anime form.

DrWong

Not really.

Tatami Galaxy, Tsuritama, Kids on the Slope, Trapeze, and Mononoke are all great series that lack most of the annoying anime tropes. I'm sure Anime-GAF can recommend a few more too.
Great selection! I have to say despite all the love I have for Yuasa's work, Mononoke is my number 1 here. Need to watch Tsurutama.

Kamiyama's work is also interesting. But that said it's true we only have a couple of original show (original story, without or not too much fanservice) per season.

A situation you would know is false if you spent more than 2 seconds looking at modern stuff?

so how it works ? we must have your tastes or something like that? i dont like actual anime,you seems to have a magical object who can say if other people have seen this or that series,thats weeaboo magic here.

so how it works ? we must have your tastes or something like that? i dont like actual anime,you seems to have a problem with that? weeaboo crisis?

This has nothing to with tastes. It's about art style, which you made a pretty broad generalization about. You hate anime? That's fine, so do a lot of people, to each his own. But why your reason for that is what you consider an over represented art style which isn't all the medium has to offer, well it just shows a lack of knowledge on your part.

well it just shows a lack of knowledge on your part.
it shows that u seems very Susceptible when someone express his negative views about actual anime,this is the third time u accuse me of dont know shit about anime,and son u are so wrong that it hurts,yeha not all anime LOOKS THE SAME,but the series in this thread its a example of the tiresome anime designs whe have seen on other works,there is original and good anime..well its a minority,i dont hate anime these are your words

I dont like actual anime dude, just accept that and stop making presumptions about others.

Eusis

So we all know this anime isn't going to end well, right?
Who knows, maybe the REAL bad guys pop up and they unite with Nintendo to fight them! Like a nicer version of them going third party! And ignore the fact they also worked with these "bad guys".

so how it works ? we must have your tastes or something like that? i dont like actual anime,you seems to have a magical object who can say if other people have seen this or that series,thats weeaboo magic here.

it shows that u seems very Susceptible when someone express his negative views about actual anime,this is the third time u accuse me of dont know shit about anime,and son u are so wrong that it hurts,yeha not all anime LOOKS THE SAME,but the series in this thread its a example of the tiresome anime designs whe have seen on other works,there is original and good anime..well its a minority,i dont hate anime these are your words

I dont like actual anime dude, just accept that and stop making presumptions about others.

I tried to read this and my frontal lobes just packed their bags and left my skull. They said they couldn't work in these conditions.

JDSN

Banned
I tried to read this and my frontal lobes just packed their bags and left my skull. They said they couldn't work in these conditions.

Ignore him, his post history is not that much different. Just a new user trying to find his place in the world.

SOLDIER

I know, but he needs to be in this.

What about villains? Bowser, Meta Knight, Dr Eggman...

What is going to keep this from being the newest anime sensation? There is no limit to the source material here.

its called horrible english..im improving i promise you

Ignore him, his post history is not that much different. Just a new user trying to find his place in the world.

yes my english is poor,but i lurking gaf since 2006 hardly new user

so cosmicblizzard,you seems to be a anime expert,give exmaples of good anime (actual) and i will try,maybe iam just a old man yelling at clouds and you can lead me to some good series.

its called horrible english..im improving i promise you

yes my english is poor,but i lurking gaf since 2006 hardly new user

so cosmicblizzard,you seems to be a anime expert,give exmaples of good anime (actual) and i will try,maybe iam just a old man yelling at clouds and you can lead me to some good series.

I didn't mean anything condescending by what I said, so if it came off that way, I apologize.

I don't know what you like, but some recent well-regarded series are:

Kaiji
Kids on the Slope
Fate/Zero
Tsuritama
Bunny Drop
Tiger and Bunny
Steins;Gate
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Space Brothers

The bolded are ones I really like. You could also Check out Accel World or Sword Art Online.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
If the premise already didn't have me sold on it, having a representative from my favorite game ever (Nei) in it did. I hope this gets translated/subbed or something...

I didn't mean anything condescending by what I said, so if it came off that way, I apologize.

I don't know what you like, but some recent well-regarded series are:

Kaiji
Kids on the Slope
Fate/Zero
Tsuritama
Bunny Drop
Tiger and Bunny
Steins;Gate
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Space Brothers

The bolded are ones I really like. You could also Check out Accel World or Sword Art Online.

ok i will give impressions of these series. ( just the art )

kaiji-looks original, i give you that,will see

kids on the slope-looks nice,realistic,on the jiro taniguchi style, like that-will see

fate zero-mm dont like it,im tired of big armoured guys and pretty girls-art style very by the numbers-

Tsuritama-wel..i dont know..looks decent,but its a band boy series or something similar?

bunny drop-looks decent,realistic,i like that-will try

tiger and bunny-dig the art style classic but nice-will try

steins gate-art looks nice,but i dont like the design of the girls,emo and maids..ugh no

magi madoka-seems to have all i hate in one series,run for the hills

space brothers-love the art design, looks promising-

my tastes are very mixed, i like how artist like otomo can mix japanese styles with european flavour ( a la moebius) or things like wings of honneamise,im a bit tired of cute girls with big eyes or crazy people doing stupid things on big armored robots just for the fan service,i love things like porco rosso,future boy conan,etc

ahahaha, that was hilariously bad

some enterprising subber should reword that "gotta keep running" or whatever the hell his catchphrase is into "gotta go fast".

Going in with low expectations certainly made me enjoy this episode.I really like gear and his undying devotion to Til a well as his constant reminder to us that he gotta go fast/keep moving forward. All the pervy stuff just felt out of place and awkward. I wonder if the show writers cringed when they were reading the source Manga.

Link was rather out of character...

rockx4

Going in with low expectations certainly made me enjoy this episode.I really like gear and his undying devotion to Til a well as his constant reminder to us that he gotta go fast/keep moving forward. All the pervy stuff just felt out of place and awkward. I wonder if the show writers cringed when they were reading the source Manga.

Link was rather out of character...

I went in with no expectations and left disappointed. The production values and character designs are so bad. Man, Chuunibyou (which is awesome) isn't even an "action" anime, manages to put this to shame during action scenes lol.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It was enjoyable for all the trashiness, but some of the characters have very little resemblance to their video game counterparts.

-KRS-

Yeah, wasn't the Famicom Tetris like, really really bad?

It was very different from the awesome NES Tetris, from what I recall.

I'm late, but yes, I have the Famicom Tetris and it sucks ass. You rotate with up on the D-pad and drop it with A or B... And it's soooo slow. The follow up by the same company (Bullet Proof Software), Tetris 2 + Bombliss, on the other hand is one of the best 8-bit Tetris games there is with its 2-player mode and like 6 single player modes.

Sega's Tetris influenced Arika when making The Grand Master series though, so it automatically wins.

ohlawd

oh lol there's a thread about this show?

I watched the 1st ep a while back. It's okay I guess. Only 2 eps left so the producers better step it up. At least Mario is badass.

Top Bottom