• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

soultron

Banned
Make sure you check the album with the white cover on it. It's a compilation of like 30 tracks and it's free to download. Some are so-so (pretty sure it's a collection of his work spanning many years), but it's definitely worth a listen.

Here's one of my favourites from the comp: Tap Dancer 2

neoism

guys not sure if I should do this or not you guys what the unofficial album I made with his tube stuff.... I love his music soo much I made my own 26 track album most officially
unreleased...?
ibgr7DjNyGjMAH.png

this guy is truly amazing I just had to have all his stuff... hes my new nujabes...his style is more vibey/chill... made it awhile ago.... it had most of his tracks from his new release...
ibraVaIhzCrhiT.png

Jaroof

Jesus, Mr. Moods!!

Jesus!

New album! Again!

And if that weren't enough... I forgot to post that he had another album released earlier this month!

He isn't human...
He... he can't be.

Edit:
Also, holy shit, how did I miss this?!?!

BeNeVoLeNcE released this part 2 of a video game remix compilation!

Edit2:
New Trog'low track

Edit3:
Ooohoohohohohohoh

Edit4:

Bad news... :(
bob42jh Facebook page said:
It's with a heavy heart that i announce that after more than 6 years of YouTube, i will no longer be continuing the channel next year. It's been a decision that has been in the back of my head for a while but certain elements out of my control have forced my hand.

The past years and all what we created has been amazing and i would not change a thing. It started as a way for me to listen to music that wasn't on YouTube whilst i was at work and it grew into something special, we got a lot of artists heard but the thing that pleased me the most was the community. From people who became friends through the channel online and offline to us raising thousands of dollars for charity, to strangers offering to help one another, artists collaborating around the world and so much more. We spoke about sensitive issues without bravado & shared our own personal stories with each other. I rarely saw any hatred or rudeness in the comments which for YT is a rarity.

Over the years I've spoken with hundreds of artists and even had the privilege to meet a several of them and all of them have been so appreciative of the channel and what we have here. It's been a gift from you guys that through the channel we have been able to launch the careers of artists and help get their music heard, it is them who need all the support they can get. I hope no one feels i have let them down, if i never uploaded a song it was never personal, i had funny rules for the channel but i'm glad of how it was operated, I never caved in to capitalize and monetize the channel. I never made a penny, it was the messages and comments from you and the artists that was worth more then any paycheck from Google or any label.

I know some people will be pissed off with me or have questions, all i ask is for patience whilst i figure out how to wind things down. If we have plans together I'll still fulfill them. I'll still be uploading for the next few months, we will still have our annual Christmas competition and i have some other things planned that i hope will come to fruition. I won't just disappear, there'll be a date announced soon. As for the label, i will continue in my role nothing will change in that aspect and i can't thank you guys enough because if all the positive stuff i said above wasn't enough for me to be happy with, you guys went and gave me the power to start a label, something that was a dream to me.

This has been a long status so I'll end it here. I'll post up some more info soon with plans for the next few months. Thank you for the all the years we've shared. - Bob / Rob / Robert

Jesus, Mr. Moods!!

Jesus!

New album! Again!

And if that weren't enough... I forgot to post that he had another album released earlier this month!

He isn't human...
He... he can't be.

Edit:
Also, holy shit, how did I miss this?!?!

Edit2:
New Trog'low track

Edit3:
Ooohoohohohohohoh

Edit4:

Bad news... :(

yea just saw bob42jh's fb post. Damn that sucks. Really enjoyed the tracks and compilations he put out. It's going to suck with him gone

Jaroof

End of an era :(

Is the channel still going to be up for viewing or is he going to close it as well?

I don't think so... :/
I'll check with him to make sure.

New Joseph Jacobs. It's just jazz. No hop.

Edit:

bob42jh said:
No it wont be going down, never lol even in 4 years if they try a copyright strike i'd still fight to leave it as a archive. And who knows one day a upload may get posted!

:') And there you have it.

Edit:
Chillhop x Phonophanatic Compilation!

IrishNinja

you too Jah <3

wait what happened with Bob? crap just read his FB, the YT channel's ending? that's like half my subscriptions right there...

Jaroof

Dang, does this mean CCR is finished as well? :c
No, CCR will go on. I asked him about it, and he confirmed this to me. :)

you too Jah <3

wait what happened with Bob? crap just read his FB, the YT channel's ending? that's like half my subscriptions right there...

He said he's going to keep the channel up, but won't be adding anything else after this year.
So, his legendary channel will still be available.

Jaroof

Cross-posting this from the Emancipator thread I made a while back:

The Emancipator Ensemble announced its debut Winter Tour in the US!

1390612_614118451986657_499432552_n.jpg

There's no dates for TX yet, so I can't go... but you can, Irish!

Jaroof

Came across this Lotus - Blur II

I just listened to the previews, and damn! I'm pretty sold. Nice catch!
Edit:
It kinda sounds like he sampled emancipator's "Afterglow" in Strangers. The notes are exactly the same.
Hell, he even has a song on this album with the same title, and this album released about a month after emancipator's released this year. :p
Still.. this guy is dope. Really digging this.

Fjordson

Anyone heard anything about Colors of Jazz 2 from Blazo? I know about a month ago he put out a three track teaser, but I thought it was supposed to be out early November.

IrishNinja

wow yeah that Lotus stuff is niiiiice

Cross-posting this from the Emancipator thread I made a while back:

There's no dates for TX yet, so I can't go... but you can, Irish!

oh man, i was lookin at this earlier last week, if its the same one i wanna say Thievery Corporation was on the same ticket? but yeah man, im in south FL and ATL georgia is the closest this one's looking to come, sadly...

Anyone heard anything about Colors of Jazz 2 from Blazo? I know about a month ago he put out a three track teaser, but I thought it was supposed to be out early November.

ah wasn't even checking for this one yet, something else to look forward to!

Jaroof

Wednesday.

oh man, i was lookin at this earlier last week, if its the same one i wanna say Thievery Corporation was on the same ticket? but yeah man, im in south FL and ATL georgia is the closest this one's looking to come, sadly...

Ahhh, I dunno why I was thinking you lived in NY.. Well, he's bound to come to more states later on next year!

Protag

Banned
i was wondering if there's a spot in Manhattan that carries Sebajun's (Nujabes) and hydeout productions work? Like an audio import store?

If anyone knows, PLEASE let me know.

Jaroof

desu, have you listened to Lotus' other stuff?? Blur II is amazing, and it's really close to emancipator's style of music. I really like it.
There are other albums by him on Amazon, but I haven't checked them out yet.

Also, emancipator is gonna announce a new signing to Loci Records pretty soon.. what if it's him? :O

desu

desu, have you listened to Lotus' other stuff?? Blur II is amazing, and it's really close to emancipator's style of music. I really like it.
There are other albums by him on Amazon, but I haven't checked them out yet.

Also, emancipator is gonna announce a new signing to Loci Records pretty soon.. what if it's him? :O

Okay this is super weird!

The stuff listed on Amazon doesn't belong to this Lotus, it belongs to this: http://www.lotusvibes.com/albums , apparently a total difference group.

There is another album from Lotus called Blur, kind of hard to find (for me):

Apparently the album was initially labeld to be from Bonobo on Itunes, then later changed.

This Lotus doesn't seem to have any FB/Bandcamp etc, nothing about this person/band at all, and like everywhere both different Lotus artists seem to be thrown to together as one band.

I don't know, his/her/their music rocks yet almost nobody knows them.

Considering how awesome the music is ... this is super weird.

Top Bottom