• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Kaplan acknowledging loot box feedback in Overwatch

Backlogger

I bought 5 loot boxes for this event because I haven't had much time to play. They all had at least 2 duplicates and one had 3. No skins at all. Not even close to being worth the $5 I paid.

I'm never buying loot boxes again.

Just sell the damn skins for real money. That is the only way you will get more micro transaction money from me.

Yukinari

I usually dont buy boxes until the end of the event or at least until the final arcade week but with so many taunts and skins i dont think it would help.

I only have like 4 or 5 of the taunts and 2 skins and thats hours of playing comp everyday.

Fuz

Banned
what are the odds that the new law in China caused this event to feel worse? I always believed in the past that boxes were weighted during events; limited skins seemed to drop a lot more frequently than regular legendaries.... but with Blizz being forced to display odds, can they now not just change it on the fly for an event?

I thought the same thing.
They released the odds in China and slightly changed them for every other country.

I bought 5 loot boxes for this event because I haven't had much time to play. They all had at least 2 duplicates and one had 3. No skins at all. Not even close to being worth the $5 I paid.

I'm never buying loot boxes again.

Just sell the damn skins for real money. That is the only way you will get more micro transaction money from me.

i'm sure someone at blizzard already did the math and the amount they'll get from the whales is far more than the average person

and I learned my lesson with hearthstone and I won't be buying a box or a pack for random shit ever again

Shaanyboi

Banned
The only legendary I got this entire event was a duplicate that I have had for the better part of a year. And all the less rare ones were also duplicates.

I've unlocked maybe 15 boxes this event.

Pooya

I'm at like 25 boxes, only 1 event skin. Mei's. Every other legendary I got was non-event. I think I buy the pharah skin before the end of the event, don't care about the rest.

Top Bottom