• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Lin: Asian American, Harvard Grad... NBA great?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think that's what we can expect from him for the season? It's not a shooting slump?

It's may be a slump, but between that and every year and game he had prior to "Lin-Mania" where he struggled to even make practice squads tells me that is closer to what he really is than that short stretch on a crap team in NY. He is who we thought he was. He's a volume scorer who isn't very efficient and plays crap defense. There are literally dozens and dozens of players that can do that on practice squads and d-leagues all over the country. He's just not that special.

Heel

He is who we thought he was.

eULpC.jpg

"Landslide!" - Denny

Watching him play like shit is so disappointing...The guy has no faith in his shot...Maybe he should've spent the summer actually training instead of going to Taiwan/shooting Volvo commercials..

entremet

People are also forgetting that he was playing in D'Antoni system and Knicks roster at the time was plagued with injuries, plus not being on scouting reports, etc.

He a good back up point guard, who can contribute in the NBA. He's not starter material and is definitely overpaid, but I can't blame him for taking the guaranteed cash.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Didn't Lin also benefit from the Knicks running so much iso and the Rockets don't?

It's a different system in Houston. He just needs more time to adjust to it. The season is young. Anyway, his numbers would be better than Felton's if his FG% wasn't in the gutter. I'm sure it'll go up. More rebounds, 25% better FT%, almost 1 full steal more, 1/2 a block per game to Felton's zero, he's a better player.

beat

It's may be a slump, but between that and every year and game he had prior to "Lin-Mania" where he struggled to even make practice squads tells me that is closer to what he really is than that short stretch on a crap team in NY. He is who we thought he was. He's a volume scorer who isn't very efficient and plays crap defense. There are literally dozens and dozens of players that can do that on practice squads and d-leagues all over the country. He's just not that special.
I disagree; he's been average on defense. He's not a lockdown D player, and he ball-watches too much to just play his man straight. Still, he makes up enough for his occasional lapses in concentration with steals that I think he comes out, well, average on D.

And he put up pretty good numbers in the D-league last year if memory serves.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
It's a different system in Houston. He just needs more time to adjust to it. The season is young. Anyway, his numbers would be better than Felton's if his FG% wasn't in the gutter. I'm sure it'll go up. More rebounds, 25% better FT%, almost 1 full steal more, 1/2 a block per game to Felton's zero, he's a better player.

Worst defense for a player ever.

By that logic, I can make that exact same fucking argument for Felton...or any other PG for that matter. LMAO

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Lin is a ok defender relatively speaking. He's like the d'Angelo Hall of basketball. Goes for the big steal and the block. Although in Lin's case it's mostly because he can't get speedy players in front of him.

heck yea!

you can have your favorite player but at least recognize their skill level.

he did that in half a season and is regressing already.

numble

I remember everyone shitting on the Knicks for choosing Felton over Lin.

lol
Read through the thread, I was never that positive about Lin as a basketball player. He is worth a lot of money anyway and Dolan made a bad business decision. He happily overpays for unplayable or uninsurable talent with no marketing value, but let a player with tons of marketing potential walk away, for free. You at least do a sign and trade with something like that, or let him go mid-season. Plenty of teams would like an instant infusion of Chinese ads on their court, and more international broadcasts in China.

RangersFan

to be fair to lin, the trade for harden forced lin into almost the sg role in the beginning of the season which he has no business being in with his shot. i think his numbers will improve, and obviously felton's numbers will come down much like the knicks winning %. anyone who thinks the knicks are for real hasn't followed this team long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom