• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jerry Sandusky's son arrested on child sex abuse charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING: Son of imprisoned former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky has been arrested on child sex abuse charges.
https://twitter.com/APEastRegion/status/831226438019854337

Pennsylvania State Police officers have arrested Jeffrey Sandusky, the adopted son of former Penn State football assistant coach Jerry Sandusky, on charges of sexual assault of a child, police told WTAJ.

Jeffrey Sandusky was arraigned on charges Monday afternoon in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania State Police started looking into Sandusky in November 2016 after a child claimed to have received text messages from Sandusky, which included requests of naked photographs. The child's father was alerted about the explicit photographs and reported them to police.

Jeffrey Sandusky was dating the child's mother at the time and lived in the household for about five years.

A criminal complaint shows that a second child was also abused dating back to 2013.

Bail was set at $200,000 and Sandusky has been prohibited from any contact with minors.
http://on.si.com/2kkeHRG

Hazmat

Have to wonder if he was abused by his dad and this is just an ugly cycle.

Yeah, which makes this all the more upsetting. Just awful.

I'm glad that the kid here wasn't assaulted, and I hope he gets some help because this all still has to be really traumatic.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Is this his adopted son that was in the documentary as abused?

Horribly sad either way. Disgusting act committed by someone who likely had the same thing done to them.

Sexual abuse of children is such a fucking horrific cycle.

How can these people date women like normal people and then simultaneously want to abuse their kids?

I too believe his father must have abused him as well, it seems to be a trend with this kind of offending though this doesn't excuse this shit that he has done. Lock him up for a long time and make him attend psychological treatment whilst inside.

Is this his adopted son that was in the documentary as abused?

Horribly sad either way. Disgusting act committed by someone who likely had the same thing done to them.

Sexual abuse of children is such a fucking horrific cycle.

NBC News: Jeffrey Sandusky, adopted son of Jerry Sandusky, has been arrested and charged with 10 counts related to child sex abuse.

Ever

Banned
if his dad messed him up, will the u.s try to rehabilitate him? or is he getting locked up?

He's probably going away for a long time if I had to guess. He needs help, but given his father's reputation, I wouldn't be surprised if the courts threw the book at him.

Ponn

Banned
I thought pedophillia was a born trait not a learned one.

Disorders like this are not a one size fits all scenario. Most mental disorders are not. Pedophillia is a sorely under researched topic because of the stigma and taboo surrounded by it. The majority of people would rather just see the people locked up for life rather than any sort of research or rehabilitation done. It ends up just creating more victims like this because "out of sight out of mind"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom