• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Sterling launched a new show, Commentocracy

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
A bit late to this but I loved it and I hope he does more of these. It reminded me of Shawn Elliott doing something similar with Heroes of the Web during the GFW radio days. Here's one of the best, with a NeoGAF post

Rarely cringed so hard.

I appreciate some of Jim Sterling stuff, even if he tries too hard most of the time, but this is just... cringe.

Gren

Hmm I know the character's namesake is founded upon it, but I'm over the shaming of the hardcore gamer peanut gallery for now.

Looking forward to when he covers corporate apologist mental gymnasts (like the WoT skit), morons complaining about getting banned from online, etc.

nkarafo

Did someone really bragged about being hardcore because he had to get a map from a magazine to beat Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
lol, nice. Though... I don't know if insipid youtube/Steam comments are really worth the effort he's putting to ridicule them, really? It's kinda funny, I guess, but seems like a waste. :p I know the intent is to be over the top, but I think it's funnier when he's less overtly goofy. Like just sounding snotty and giggling vs being hysterical, I found the former funnier, but that might just be me.

Also, the audio is not so great, at least with headphones. Whenever he'd do a really loud high pitched sound it'd sound really grating and overly loud in my ears. Maybe that needs to be calibrated somehow?

That said, the way he says noobs cracks me up, for some reason.

That dedication to the grammatical errors to, nearly made me reeling on the floor laughing in a public when he said "you're".
Yeah that was great. xD

Love this new character, iirc it was introduced in a Jimqusition some months ago.

Poking fun at the hardcore gamers in this way is very fucking funny imo.

jobrro

Just watched new episode and found it even better than the first. Grew up in the 16 bit era so maybe I am a little soft but I will take all the emulator features for those games and the 8 bit era that they can give me (save states, rewind etc.).

Steroyd

Wow... This guy (people?) needs to stay away from the Marvel vs Capcom series they'd have a heart attack.

Also I may just watch this to see Jim read the errors with such conviction, gets me every time.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
What really makes this great is how Jim handles the typos and mistakes in the post. "the the game". Hilarious stuff

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
289fbQX.gif

Top Bottom