• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Sterling launched a new show, Commentocracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4jbz3szEF0&t=0m59s

This little furtive eye balling was very Hyacinth Bucket!

289fbQX.gif
I see this becoming a classic!

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Amazing.

There's definitely enough material out there to make this a long running series.

Epcott

Ahhhh... my sides, how they jiggle in joyous union.

Thank you for giving me something new to watch. He needs to visit some of GAFs FFXV threads.

Yarbskoo

God those fighting game backgrounds are so pretty. How come we still don't have P&C adventures with backgrounds like those?

Terrell

The outfit would work better with an old-world military jacket and medals or a suit-jacket and frilly cravat. Really double down on the aristocrat look.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I have to ask, what's wrong about pc gaming?
Some of the audience who're unbearably snobby about having more powerful hardware. Nothing inherently wrong with PC gaming but like with any sort of platform fanboyism, some owners ruin it for the rest of them.

SheHateMe

I was hoping beyond hope that they were talking about LTG. Sadly not, but this was still funny.

Literally my first thought when Jim started in on the comment.

I don't dislike people I've never met often, but LTG is shoving and pushing his way to the top of that list with every breath he takes.

h#shdem0n

Love the idea, but the execution is obnoxious and annoying. I'm sure that was the point, but I don't find it enjoyable to watch.

Holy shit, this is the first time seeing this spin-off stuff he does. The whole thing is giffable.

Also, I expect a lot of gaffers to be featured on this, there is a ton of elitism and passive aggressiveness on here. Can't wait.

I was dead at the "DO YOU CAMP ?"

Magnificent.
Hopefully , jim won't waste his health on this because this seems to be quite the ordeal to dress like this.
But it's good stuff ..

leburn98

I was dead at the "DO YOU CAMP ?"

Magnificent.
Hopefully , jim won't waste his health on this because this seems to be quite the ordeal to dress like this.
But it's good stuff ..

He should do other characters that do not require that same kind of makeup. Even if he had a monocle, twisty mustache and a top hat, it would give off the same elitism vibe.

WoolyNinja

During last weeks I started to think "this is starting to get a bit old, maybe this won't have the legs I was hoping it would."

I couldn't be more wrong! This one was fantastic! His use of entering the scene from different sides, different backdrops, etc was great and the content he was using was excellent!

Mifec

Some of the audience who're unbearably snobby about having more powerful hardware. Nothing inherently wrong with PC gaming but like with any sort of platform fanboyism, some owners ruin it for the rest of them.

No one ruins it for me, that's a really bad way of putting it.

Absolutely loving the new show, it's just brilliant.

Elitist comments on the net are already funny but Jim takes them to a whole new level of funny.

Cess007

I would really love an episode dedicated to Neogaf posts. There's some prime material here.

Part of me wants to hear that "the age of Sony is done" post in his voice, but that's hyperbole rather than elitism. But yeah, Jim would have plenty material from some posts here

Was properly funny when it was just an aside in the Jimquisitions but lays on the delivery a bit too thick

Definitely.

I laughed out loud, but it would have been even better if he'd reigned it in a bit.

"These games are for big boys only" is the best line partially because it's the least self-indulgent in terms of pausing to make faces and tone-shift.

Ogodei

I'm not sure i agree with the concept here (laughing about stupid console wars or console v PC elitism feels very 2008 to me), but Jim's clearly having so much fun that it makes up for it.

This new episode is especially ridiculous. "I love Tekken, but if you use the basic combo system that's been the hallmark of the series you're cheap and bad!"

Fucking what?

Top Bottom