• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Sterling, Laura Kate Dale: Warning to Yooka-Laylee Pre-Orderers

And the 7 days between the embargo ending and the release of the game isn't enough for his "obligation" to you people.
tumblr_mjxs9oKgdJ1qaho1po2_250.gif

Megatron

I hope in his review Jim specifies if he actually doesn't like the game, or just doesn't like Playtonic's Youtube policies.

zelhawks37

Didn't think the Uncharted 3 review debacle could be topped. I was wrong. Nintendo fanboys, the most fucking embarrassing fanboys on the internet. And that's certainly saying something.
Fanboys in general are embarrassing and it isn't specific to one company.

OT: Not going to let two people dissuade me from trying this game. Hopefully for Kickstarters in general, it turns out good.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't think the Uncharted 3 review debacle could be topped. I was wrong. Nintendo fanboys, the most fucking embarrassing fanboys on the internet. And that's certainly saying something.

Yeah, fanboys of all stripes are pathetic and ruin communities like GAF in general. But Nintendo's take the cake, as do their haters. Just a different level of both fanboyism and anti-fanboyism hate compared to the other platforms.

I love Nintendo games, love my Switch but I mostly just disengage from the Nintendo forum community (at least compared to the time I spend discussing PS4 etc.) as I just can't deal with the community and end up adding multiple idiots to the ignore list every time I go in an active Nintendo thread (outside of game OTs).

Later, Jim says "If you've looked at trailers and ever thought it looked a bit choppy" and then, shortly thereafter, "Yeah, yeah, a bit is not quite it." (Starting around the 41 minute mark.)

As many folks have already said, it's running on Unity... of course the performance is going to be complete and utter shit.

Not the least bit unexpected.

I still believe the game itself will be outstanding, though, for those of us who love Banjo Kazooie and the like. It is 2017, though, and I very much doubt those games will appeal to everyone nowadays.

verbatimo

Do you remember what happened after No Man's Sky review?

Oh that's right DDoS attack on Jimquisition website.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1261770

Only 8 pages

Interesting when you compare that to Zelda review aftermath on NeoGAF

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1352017

54 pages.

I doubt it'll be as good Banjo Kazooie but from the toybox demo the game controlled well so it'll probably be a fun 3D platformer, and there's not many of those these days.

RevenWolf

Believe it or not, things don't solely revolve around Sterling after he tries to stir up drama about them.

Today I learned that sharing opinions is stirring up drama. Especially when providing review scores or suggesting that consumers should hold off on preordering until more information is known about the game.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Garlador

Looks like something must have worked out between the review and now. DF said performance was solid across the board. A few dips reported on some Xbone but solid performance overall.
They definitely improved performance by retail. A lot of journos experienced problems that got addressed by launch. GameXplain did a nice comparison. Still not perfect, but they went from "can't recommend" to "okay we have no problems recommending now".

Top Bottom