• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoeM86 confirmed to have huge tinfoil hat on head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayolan

Misleading thread title? I see no confirmation saying that Canada is definitely not getting it at the same time as the US, I see evidence that they might not be getting it at the same time as the US.

If they're doing this as a way of punishing the broken street dates of X/Y, then this isn't exactly going to stop the same thing happening again.

In fact it will make it even more likely the street date will be broken in these places.

Thankfully the Aus/NZ date hasn't changed.

Stage On

Still think you're jumping the gun here. Just because they haven't confirmed the release date yet doesn't mean we won't be getting it at the same time.

About 99.9% of the time US release dates and Canadian release dates are the same even if they forget to mention Canada in the press release

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Misleading thread title? I see no confirmation saying that Canada is definitely not getting it at the same time as the US, I see a evidence that they might not be getting it at the same time as the US.
This; it's nice to hate.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I mean c'mon Joe, you said so yourself lol

Serebii Update: We have confirmation that the Canadian Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire date is still pending

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah there's no confirmation anywhere here Joe. It's just speculation. You're probably right, but it isn't confirmed until Nintendo says "Canada is getting it on the 28th".

If true this is ridiculous, I'm not gonna be ''punished'' for forking over 40 euros, probably won't buy the game if it's more than a few days,

Edit: my language theory is out the window if the UK got delayed too.

UK(and others that use English) always have to wait for French, Spanish and German translations, we all get the same version of a game.

antitrop

I guess I don't quite see how the evidence provided in the OP confirms that a simultaneous global launch isn't happening.

JoeM86

The store that broke street date in Nova Scotia doesn't exist any more. They were fined so heavily they had to close down.

Seriously? That's awful.

I guess I don't quite see how the evidence provided in the OP confirms that a simultaneous global launch isn't happening.

Well, for one, Europe gets it November 28th and TPCi have outright said there is no Canadian date yet when every other region has one...

Misleading thread title? I see no confirmation saying that Canada is definitely not getting it at the same time as the US, I see a evidence that they might not be getting it at the same time as the US.

I apologise. Would change it if I could. However, seriously, when have they ever not revealed a Canadian release date at the same time as the US?

Dead Man

The store that broke street date in Nova Scotia doesn't exist any more. They were fined so heavily they had to close down.

Ah, thanks. So then what would be the point of punishing consumers in Canada? And do you have any links to that story?

lupinko

Can I use a US import game on my Canadian 3DS? I mean they are from the same region, right? Haven't tried that one but I'll just import if that is the case.

Same region, just drive over the border for it.

And not have to deal with ugly bilingual packaging!

Neiteio

Canada should just be thankful TPC's retribution wasn't a death-laser from the Gyarados-shaped satellite they have orbiting the earth

antitrop

Well, for one, Europe gets it November 28th and TPCi have outright said there is no Canadian date yet when every other region has one...

Oh, okay, my bad with the wording. There's still a chance that Canada could launch simultaneously with the US, all this stuff about a country being punished because a store in Nova Scotia broke a street date for a previous game sounds ridiculous to me.

Lebon14

Reposting my thoughts from another thread:
Nintendo does realize that "punishing" Canada for the XY leak is a futile effort since its just as possible for the game to leak in US or Japan, right?

What they also don't realize is that it's that Canada and the US is the same region according to their region-locking policies. So, it's extremely easy to import the game from the US. The only downside is the extra shipping costs and money exchange rates. EPIC FAIL.

lupinko

Oh, okay, my bad with the wording. There's still a chance that Canada could launch simultaneously with the US, all this stuff about a country being punished because a store in Nova Scotia broke a street date for a previous game sounds ridiculous to me.

The pokemon company is serious.

Sandfox

What they also don't realize is that it's that Canada and the US is the same region according to their region-locking policies. So, it's extremely easy to import the game from the US. The only downside is the extra shipping costs and money exchange rates. EPIC FAIL.

That doesn't exactly hurt them lol.

Crayolan

I apologise. Would change it if I could. However, seriously, when have they ever not revealed a Canadian release date at the same time as the US?

They're still considering if Canada deserves punishment. :p

Seriously though, just nitpicking on the title. You can see people are already freaking out despite no concrete confirmation. Hopefully a mod can alter the title.

vinnygambini

It's in the E3 PressKit Joe:

BELLEVUE, WA—June 10, 2014—The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today that the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video games will launch in North America on Friday, November 21, 2014, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Pokémon fans will collect, battle, and trade Pokémon as they travel throughout the rich natural beauty of the Hoenn region.

Lebon14

That doesn't exactly hurt them lol.

Neither does it hurt the extremely motivated gamer who wants the game before the release in its country. :)

BELLEVUE, WA—June 10, 2014—The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today that the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video games will launch in North America on Friday, November 21, 2014, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Pokémon fans will collect, battle, and trade Pokémon as they travel throughout the rich natural beauty of the Hoenn region.

And there goes the thread...

JoeM86

I think that all three of the press releases I have received from The Pokémon Company, the official Pokémon website and now word direct from The Pokémon Company supercedes one press release.

As is Europe. It can't be a coincidence.

In the press releases I've got, they have rather emphasised the date as being for the US

Tuesdays:
E3 has begun and The Pokémon Company International just announced that Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, which both take place in the beautiful Hoenn region, are launching in the United States on November 21, 2014.

Wednesdays:
Sableye is a Pokémon that was first discovered in the Hoenn region, which is now confirmed as the location for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, both launching for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems in the United States on November 21, 2014.

Todays:
The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced more details today about the new Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video games, launching in the United States November 21, 2014, for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-ca/
Coming November 2014!
http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/
Coming November 21, 2014!
http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-gb/
Coming November 28, 2014!
http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/fr-fr/
Date de sortie : 28 novembre 2014 !
http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/fr-fr/
Fecha de lanzamiento: ¡28 de noviembre de 2014!

Bp-L_IiCYAE_6C4.png:large

vinnygambini

I think that all three of the press releases I have received from The Pokémon Company, the official Pokémon website and now word direct from The Pokémon Company supercedes one press release.

Odd wording from TPCI; however, the E3 Press Sheet does mention North America. It would be incredibly odd from TPCI to backtrack from their initial stance.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Codiox

You PUNISH your customer??? Well fuck you Nintendo im the one who pay you! No buy for me then. You can keep your shit!

luca_aros

Neo Member
I think they actually need to send out an explanation, because I didn't think about till now, but if they are actually 'punishing' Europe or some other BS reason, then this is a pretty disgraceful move.

JoeM86

I think they actually need to send out an explanation, because I didn't think about till now, but if they are actually 'punishing' Europe or some other BS reason, then this is a pretty disgraceful move.

"Punishing" is a hyperbolic response. It's not punishing, it's them trying to prevent street date breaking.

Dead Man

"Punishing" is a hyperbolic response. It's not punishing, it's them trying to prevent street date breaking.

If the store that did it is out of business, and if (very big if) the date is different for Canada, then it would simple be punishment. A later date can still be broken by stores. In fact, it may be more likely to break if Canadian consumers can go over the border to get the game.

All of that assumes the dates are different of course.

luca_aros

Neo Member

Well it technically is 'punishing' since they're targeting the countries that broke the street date in the past and sanctioning them for doing so.

Plus, speaking as a European, I can guarantee that if the Italian, Spanish or British actually believe its a 'punishment', or find out other countries are getting it before, we will be getting the game on the 18th... people do not like being restricted especially when there is a massive worldwide fanbase...

EDIT: And honestly I was one of the people that got the game early (but I didn't leak anything... not that we didn't know everything by then) it's just that the release date fell on a holiday in Europe so they released the game 2 days early so people could play it... not really malicious intent or anything o_O

Firestorm

Stores broke street date in all countries.
I perhaps misworded the title, yes, but the facts are there and Canada for some unknown reason is not dated for these games and that NEVER happens
Pretty sure it isn't. It's also definitely not the first time a press release said United States even though it would be North America.

This is not news.

JoeM86

Stores broke street date in all countries.Pretty sure it isn't. It's also definitely not the first time a press release said United States even though it would be North America.

This is not news.

It's not just the press release though. Read my post.

The official Canadian website just lists November while everywhere else lists specific dates.
Also, TPC saying that a Canadian date hasn't been set.

It's not just a dodgy press release. There's something here.

Firestorm

TPCi outsources its support for most subjects from what I remember so I wouldn't pay that much mind. This wouldn't be the first time I've seen different content on the Canadian site even though it ended up being the same in the end.

The only thing I can think of that would lead to a delay is French language laws of some sort but they haven't had issues with that in the past.

JoeM86

TPCi outsources its support for most subjects from what I remember so I wouldn't pay that much mind. This wouldn't be the first time I've seen different content on the Canadian site even though it ended up being the same in the end.

The only thing I can think of that would lead to a delay is French language laws of some sort but they haven't had issues with that in the past.

We shall see. If it was just one instance of something weird, I'd agree with you, but the fact that it's across the board makes me think otherwise.

Shojx

No way, has something like this actually happened before?

As in, a game was released in the US at a different date than in Canada?

I haven't ever seen it before, and I can't remember it ever happening when I used to live in Canada.

This has got to be some sort of miscommunication.

Thats okay. Starwolf_UK confirmed to not be getting Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire EVER*. Okay, I jest slightly.

If this is punishment for breaking the street dates then why is the eShop release affected? (you can't break those street dates) Also if street dates were broken by over a week in France and these were the main European culprits then this does not affect them, they still to get enjoy it with everyone anyway. Therefore, it is a shit punishment as it does not affect the people it is supposed to, only everyone else like those British people who got it at the equivalent of Japan time and for that they can enjoy it a week later.

Thanks to not shackling myself to the NNID I can switch to the Australian eShop and bypass their stupid punishment for a mere $70AUD...which is basically the UK eShop price. But with no second 3DS and no NNID, I have no way to transfer my XY data (which to be honest was the real motivation killer here regarding AS/OR) so I'm not better off then those with NNID.

*-In case you missed it no second 3DS and no NNID equals no way to transfer my XY data (well outside of GTS but that takes too long) is the real reason.

I am hoping the real reason is merely a logistical one like say 3DS cart production facilities have been scaled back so the only way to currently produce enough is to delay some territories by a week. That kind of thing or more understandable than an arbitrary delay that follows a pattern of reported street date breakage.

Also time does heal these things else Australia would not be getting it at all (remember the NSMBW leak?).

good thing i have an US NNID in addition to my first one. they can't stop me from getting the game day 1.
Do you have a second 3DS and access to $40 eShop top-up (or US credit card) to make use of that NNID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom