• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoeM86 confirmed to have huge tinfoil hat on head

Status
Not open for further replies.

scamander

Banned
UK(and others that use English) always have to wait for French, Spanish and German translations, we all get the same version of a game.

I can't believe people are still spreading this ridiculous "explanation". We are talking about Nintendo games here, which are developed most of the time by Japaneses. Those games have to be translated into English as well. They don't wait for the English translation to be ready and translate that one into the other European languages afterwards. Those translations are actually made in parallel from the Japanese script.

There is also a trend lately, that Europeans receive some text-heavy games like Bravely Default , Prof. Layton (vs. Ace Attorney) or even the just announced Fantasy Life several weeks or months earlier. So please stop complaining EuroGAF, just because you have to wait one week longer for a game, which isn't even new but a remake. Use your energy to complain about Atlus releases or Rune Factory 4 instead.

webrunner

No way, has something like this actually happened before?

As in, a game was released in the US at a different date than in Canada?

I haven't ever seen it before, and I can't remember it ever happening when I used to live in Canada.

This has got to be some sort of miscommunication.

back when Quebec was rallying against lack of french manuals in games a lot of games would get delayed to include French manuals as at the time they weren't ready for it

FFIX for instance came out weeks late in Canada, and they fucked it up- the game came with ONLY a french manual and the english manual was later released as something you could go down to the store to pick up for free.

Why don't they just... you know... not ship copies to stores in Europe/Canada until 2-3 days before release? Seems like the fair option, UK stores already don't receive copies of most games until 1-3 days before the release date anyway.

Not our fault that Nintendo decide to ship their shit to stores 2-3 weeks early in a few countries.
That shipping would be expensive though as there are some fairly remote places in Canada. In fact I believe the leak was from St. Johns in Newfoundland. Also maybe their postal services are as predictable as Yodel rather than Royal Mail.

I'll wait until things are confirmed before freaking out about Nintendo punishing certain places.

Europe and Canada will get it a week earlier

JoeM86

Joe, normally I agree with you, but here - it could just be that Canada's release hasn't yet been set in stone. For all we know, they could be getting it before the US.

EDIT: Just saw your apology comment. Okay, all good.

I just worded the title wrong. However, with the TPCi press releases, the official site and the support e-mails, there's definitely something screwy going on

Koppai

You guys think your gonna have to wait months or something. If anything you have to wait 1 week later most likely. Considering we use to have to wait 6 or more months after Japan in the past I wouldnt say its too bad.

Nintendo will probably ship out the games the day before release.

Xenoflare

At least it's better than
Europe and SMT IV

I'll just play Persona Q then, since it would come out around the same time

Fuck Canadian game prices.

Neiteio

The only people who live in Canada are ScraftyDevil, assorted hockey teams and a few lumberjacks. And bears. Lots of bears.

Fey

Banned
ugh the whole country gets punished for something someone in [N E W F O U N D L A N D] did

i mean [ N E W F O U N D L A N D ] ???????????? tha fuk outta here get into ontario!

THIS IS A THING?!?! Well I learned something today...

uh

edit: o i should have read the thread love u newfoundland x

Even though we are getting it the same day as the US, I believe Nintendo would be so stupid and crazy that they would actually do this.

Are you fucking serious Nintendo? Punishing an entire country because of a few mom and pop stores.

All this will do is cause people who really want it to drive ten extra minutes across the border, cause other people to suffer spoilers online and cause a small minority to boycott the product suite to the stupidity.

Nintendo of Canada just sent out emails stating ORAS are being released on November 21

web version of the email http://nintendo.ca/emailer/2014/July/EN/index.html
Well crisis averted.

ohlawd

Ogdensburg, here I come.

EDIT: Seriously though this is fucked. I hope eshop release is still same day.

Are you fucking serious Nintendo? Punishing an entire country because of a few mom and pop stores.

Ask this will do is cause people who really want it to drive ten extra minutes across the border, cause other people to suffer spoilers online and cause a small minority to boycott the product suite to the stupidity.
holy fuck, can you please look at the date in the OP and read the last 10 posts?

it'll do wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom