• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John McCain withdraws support for Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas came early.

lfCkYhK.png

Holy shit, Sunday can't come soon enough.

guy could've stood his ground and had a better chance at having higher stature in remembrance after he's gone. but for me and many others, this is what we're going to think of when his name is mentioned, and that's a shame. spineless

sorry but this all reeks. This is like someone being super apolegitc only after they got caught in a bad situation. Donald Trump was and always has been a terrible candidate for president, and they should have knew it all along. Instead they tired to tow the party line and drug it straight through the mud that they too should have seen coming.

Like aren't each side supposed to have people digging up dirt on their own candidates to future proof this stuff? So they had to have known. What a bunch of clowns, with egg all over their faces.

Edit: umm yea also what that huffington post article said.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, I don't think so. In the wrestling thread there is always an ongoing joke about wrestlers at the airport coming in for a surprise appearance. Today has been basically unexpected people coming out with surprise statements.

Thanks for the explanation. Even as a wrestling fan I was confused.

No. Because he must support whoever the republican nominee is, even if it isn't his preferred choice. Now, he showed he has dignity by rescinding that support.

Nah, he put the party before his own dignity and now that it's crystal clear Trump's an irredeemable loser everyone's jumping ship. If he had any real dignity he would have been opposed to Trump being the rep.

No. Because he must support whoever the republican nominee is, even if it isn't his preferred choice..

No he doesn't. And it's not just about it not being his "preferred choice"; it's about supporting a guy who said you were a bitch because you were a POW, among many other insults.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
No. Because he must support whoever the republican nominee is, even if it isn't his preferred choice. Now, he showed he has dignity by rescinding that support.

There's no law saying that you have to support your party's presidential nominee. Obviously it's normally smart and prudent to do so, but when the nominee is an intellectually retarded and endlessly crass carnival barker who calls you a loser for being a POW, you have a right to withhold support. But because John McCain is a fucking sellout he chose to support him anyway. So yeah, fuck McCain.

McCain lost whatever dignity he had when he chose Palin as his running mate.

Oh yeah and there's that. McCain should've just dropped out of the politics game years ago. He's really sullied his legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom