• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

RK128

Jon's recent behavior and actions has me disappointed. I will likely not watch any of his future content again in the future, as I don't want to support his future actions.

Such a shame too, as fondly remember episodes from Jon Tron and Game Grumps. Loved the work he did but it's clear that he is a very negative person. Don't plan on watching future content and things he produces in the future.

WillyFive

I've been upset at him only doing (mostly unfunny) reviews of poor to mediocre movies instead of what made me love him in the first place, his hilarious game reviews. But with that gone and now that I know more of what he thinks of other people, it's best to just forget about this guy.

big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
He's still being dumb about how he's going about this; the Sleepy Cabin crew aren't totally different in their views here but don't illicit the same sort of outcry when they state some of this stuff.

Though I also don't think their views are *this* extreme or contrast nearly as much with the content they're known for, but I digress; Jon was intentionally confrontational about something smarter personalities who still want their conservative viewpoints publicly known handled better. The Nazi accusations are a bit much but I can't imagine he seriously thought 'going on a several day rant on Twitter and Sargon's platform about this is the best possible way to introduce people to the real me'.

Anung

Un Rama
Wow, after that interview I'm done with Jon Tron. I still think a lot of his opinions come from stupidity and ignorance than actual malice (this might actually make it worse?), maybe shock value?, but what an odious piece of shit he is if he actually believes half the things he says.

It's pretty funny though that he's solidifying himself with a right wing audience. Once you go down that road there's no coming back.

Sou Da

Oh I guess everyone found out about that stream here.

He also compared being banned of twitter to "being rounded up and killed" and said he'd soon have to address "SJW problem" on his channel. He also rambled about wanting an actual civil war against SJWs or whatever, it was a lotta bullshit.

Not having followed him too closely I wrote the occasional bubbling of stupidity down as ignorant, somewhat benign, brainfarts, rather then the prequel to the reveal of him turning out to be a 100% proper "alt-right" neo-Nazi shithead.

Safe to say he can fuck off and I'll never watch a thing he's involved with again. Not like there's a lack of entertainment these days.

I already follow one far right libertarian in my media who I listen to (dick Masterson) because I enjoy the guy and ultimately his point of view is interesting and I won't entirely throw away the argument he brings.

Jon right now following that stream thinks he's this super smart individual who sees the truth and isn't afraid to say it. That's fine. Keep that shit on your twitter, keep that shit on your personal life.

I don't want to see it. You bring it to your YouTube channel about reviewing bad video games and movies and I'm out.

At least from this revelation I learned that not everybody I enjoyed at one point on YouTube is a total piece of shit. Peanut butter game may not be my style of humor but shit if Jon brings this to his channel I guess I'll try watching him again

Blues1990

I'm here because I thought there is some new JonTron content to enjoy watching & discussing.

Instead, it's Jon being a dumblebutt on twitter.

I'm sad now. :(

JonTron has been a terrible human for years and yet every time people act surprised when he opens his mouth and truly heinous shit comes tumbling out. LEAVE HIM

RinsFury

Fuck Jontron. Was truly shocking to recently find out what a disgusting bigot he is, I had no idea. Wish I could erase everything of his I ever watched from my memory.

Zubz

Banned
Oh I guess everyone found out about that stream here.

He also compared being banned of twitter to "being rounded up and killed" and said he'd soon have to address "SJW problem" on his channel. He also rambled about wanting an actual civil war against SJWs or whatever, it was a lotta bullshit.

Wasn't he super popular with the Tumblr crowd for awhile? Because I thought people in the media liked to keep audiences, not war with them.

I mean, maybe in some cases, like the Dead Kennedys hating their Nazi fans, or Dave Chappelle quitting after finding out racists were enjoying his show for the wrong reasons. It's just so baffling seeing it go in the wrong direction this time. I mean, all those positive memories, just tarnished by this.

Egoraptor may be obnoxious & complacent these days... Also always... but I'm sorry for ever accusing him of being responsible for the Game Grumps split.

JonTron has been a terrible human for years and yet every time people act surprised when he opens his mouth and truly heinous shit comes tumbling out. LEAVE HIM

Even if so, he never said anything before I couldn't amount to him being stressed, saying something, and apologizing later.

I wouldn't be surprised if this sudden shift was from close friends talking about the political climate and a culmination of everything he has held back.

I hope that once he cools down he takes back his statement in the stream that he will do whatever the fuck he wants and start talking about politics in his channel. He needs to be smarter than this.

Wasn't he super popular with the Tumblr crowd for awhile? Because I thought people in the media liked to keep audiences, not war with them.

I mean, maybe in some cases, like the Dead Kennedys hating their Nazi fans, or Dave Chappelle quitting after finding out racists were enjoying his show for the wrong reasons. It's just so baffling seeing it go in the wrong direction this time. I mean, all those positive memories, just tarnished by this.

Egoraptor may be obnoxious & complacent these days... Also always... but I'm sorry for ever accusing him of being responsible for the Game Grumps split.

Ok Jontron may be doing a lot of shit right now, but everything that has come up about the break-up with Game Grumps has more to do with Jon growing dissatisfied with the direction Egoraptor wanted to take it and wanting to get back to do his videos which he was neglecting. The fact they made up makes it seem that whatever reason they had to ignore each other for so long was petty.

cordy

Banned
Only seen a few of this guy's stuff but saw this thread poppin so I joined. Wow, insane. Idk everything he's said and done but if that latest tweet posted above is any indication, I'm glad I've rarely seen anything from him.

I'm not surprised though. More people are revealing their horrible selves.

Bahorel

What scares me is how many people on twitter are supporting and encouraging him like "yes tell it like it is!" I mean the gaming community in general is probably rife with these kind of beliefs outside of gaf however I'm sort of terrified that there might be a rising amount of young people that are coming into this way of thinking and are being validated into believing this is normal and ~cool when this is so incredibly regressive and xenophobic.

UrbanRats

I never watched Game Grumps, and i don't follow these people outside of the content they produce.
It's not hard to understand why some of us may be surprised.

And there's a difference between being a somewhat ignorant or an ass, and going to the lengths he went lately.

Anung

Un Rama
What scares me is how many people on twitter are supporting and encouraging him like "yes tell it like it is!" I mean the gaming community in general is probably rife with these kind of beliefs outside of gaf however I'm sort of terrified that there might be a rising amount of young people that are coming into this way of thinking and are being validated into believing this is normal and ~cool when this is so incredibly regressive and xenophobic.

This is why parents need to keep an eye on what youtubers their kids are following. On the surface it looks like harmless videos and entertainment that makes keeping their kids busy easier but who knows what kind of shitty beliefs these guys are actually harbouring.

Christ I never want to learn the political leanings of any other YouTuber I follow. It's easier not knowing.

Moonlight

Banned
Even if so, he never said anything before I couldn't amount to him being stressed, saying something, and apologizing later.

I wouldn't be surprised if this sudden shift was from close friends talking about the political climate and a culmination of everything he has held back.

I hope that once he cools down he takes back his statement in the stream that he will do whatever the fuck he wants and start talking about politics in his channel. He needs to be smarter than this.
yeah he's a wannabe fascist, it's no big. why couldn't he be smart enough to keep it a better secret. hope he wises up so my video content isn't ruined, that's really the worst thing about this.

???

Zubz

Banned

Unfortunately, this has been rampant from years, & Gamer Gate kicked it up into a fever pitch. Anung has it right; parents have to intervene with the younger kids. Unfortunately, others in this lot have had these horrible beliefs for years, but like with Jon, many didn't rear their face until a fascist, bigoted president made them feel like they had an opening.

Jon could literally turn around and say "lol jokes" and those same people would be congratulating him for playing people.

A lot of these youtube personalities have huge, younger audiences who'll parrot what someone they're a big fan of is saying regardless of whether they truly understand what's being said or not, and that can work either way. They'll then probably wind up parroting someone else they're a fan of later down the road. They have an even weaker grasp on what Jon's saying than Jon himself, and to be perfectly honest they're not really something I'm that worried about. Better to focus on what turns someone who was clearly at worst apolitical several years ago into getting as negative a world view as his than the kids who'll probably barely even remember him or his views when they grow up.

Might be worth pointing out to those of you who're feeling like everyone who's e-famous is 'against you now' that the Game Grumps crew along with Alex Hirsch (Gravity Falls) and Dana Terrace (Gravity Falls, Ducktales reboot) are currently doing a huge charity stream for the NRDC.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I never watched Game Grumps, and i don't follow these people outside of the content they produce.
It's not hard to understand why some of us may be surprised.

And there's a difference between being a somewhat ignorant or an ass, and going to the lengths he went lately.
He was great on GameGrumps, but there were some times he "slipped" into racist territory and it would get censored and we'd shrug it off like "eh, he doesn't know what he's saying". Now he's going all out full force to show how terrible he is and it's so sad.

I'm just glad he doesn't put content out much these days so it's not like I have to ignore a lot of stuff. But I don't know if I'll ever be able to watch his stuff anymore.

All Trump has done is divide the nation completely and he doesn't even care.

Maybe someone should edit the thread title to remove the reviews and lists parts.

Yeah, I think I'm about done with Jontron. I've been fading on his stuff anyway. It feels like he's either running out of ideas for actual video game reviews or losing interest. That coupled with the now seemingly fact that's he's not really a good person, or that his ideals are radically different from my own, is a good stopping point I think. I'll go watch Youtubers, like Brad Jones(Cinema Snob) or Austin Hargrave(PBG) who not only can entertain but seem like decent people.

Yeah, I think I'm about done with Jontron. I've been fading on his stuff anyway. It feels like he's either running out of ideas for actual video game reviews or losing interest. That coupled with the now seemingly fact that's he's not really a good person, or that his ideals are radically different from my own, is a good stopping point I think. I'll go watch Youtubers, like Brad Jones(Cinema Snob) or Austin Hargrave(PBG) who not only can entertain but seem like decent people.

I'll throw out a recommendation: "Movies with Mikey". Really fun film analysis series. Wish it updated more frequently, but it's not bad getting a monthly video.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Apparently PeanutButterGamer and SpaceHamster aren't friends with Jon either. They're saying it's unrelated to this stuff though, but whatever. Is Jon even NormalBoots anymore now?

Apparently PeanutButterGamer and SpaceHamster aren't friends with Jon either. They're saying it's unrelated to this stuff though, but whatever. Is Jon even NormalBoots anymore now?

PBG straight up called him out on refugees on twitter

I dont like PBGs brand of comedy as much as Jons, but I like how hes a bit more humble He asks questions on youtube.

SilentRob

A few tweets about this:

Tom Bloke
now they're discussing AfD in Germany. JonTron is unclear on who they are but they're all cheering for them

"Carl of Akkad, JonTron and some dude talking Le Pen, Wilders and AfD. "Germany uncucked we're good guys" -JonTron on an AfD win", with video

As a german who just had to listen to a speech by one of their spokepersons that could have been confused by a Hitler speech sometime between 1930 and 1933 this is beyond maddening. The speaker, Björn Höcke, was barred from entering a concentration camp where a memorial was held to remember the Holocaust victims by part of the german government. And on the same fucking day this asshole dares to hope for them to win an election?

Fuck Jontron. Hearing about him being a fucking Alt-Right/White Supremacy sympathiser after all the years I've been following and supporting him makes me so fucking angry.

Also:

now JonTron is talking about how worried he was that Trump would lose and how happy he is with Trump's actions

PBG straight up called him out on refugees on twitter

I dont like PBGs brand of comedy as much as Jons, but I like how hes a bit more humble He asks questions on youtube.
PBG has grown on me over the years.
I'm enjoying his minecraft hardcore and zelda videos.
Looking back at the apples & grapes video he made years ago with John is pretty sad knowing that their friendship would end up like this.

Blues1990

PBG has grown on me over the years.
I'm enjoying his minecraft hardcore and zelda videos.
Looking back at the apples & grapes video he made years ago with John is pretty sad knowing that their friendship would end up like this.

It is how it is, unfortunately. Not trying to sound like a philosophical after-school special, but people come and go in our lives, and it's all part of the natural order.

Anyway, I wish I didn't read those tweets from his twitter. I know you're supposed to separate the content from the creator, but this will always be in the back of my head when watching Jon's content on his YouTube channel. It's really remarkable to me that he could be, for a lack of better words, this fucking stupid. This is a guy who, literally, is paid to pick apart bad media and he is this self-unaware.

For me though, it's hard to grasp how dumb it is to do this.

If your entire career revolves around putting out content and getting views from people, and it has nothing to do with opinions on hot topics, why in the ever living hell would you jeopardize losing viewers by giving said opinions?

If you're dying to give your opinions, keep it to your own personal relationships.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
It is how it is, unfortunately. Not trying to sound like a philosophical after-school special, but people come and go in our lives, and it's all part of the natural order.

Anyway, I wish I didn't read those tweets from his twitter. I know you're supposed to separate the content from the creator, but this will always be in the back of my head when watching Jon's content on his YouTube channel. It's really remarkable to me that he could be, for a lack of better words, this fucking stupid. This is a guy who, literally, is paid to pick apart bad media and he is this self-unaware.
I know. It's going to suck rewatching some of his classics. I mean he had some of the best content on YouTube. Now this. If we're lucky this backlash will cause him to disappear and we can just enjoy his older stuff. As long as he doesn't go crazy and delete his old videos or start filling his channel with right wing rants.

There was a time I hoped he'd snap out of it and realize what he was doing and apologize. Now I don't even want an apology. I don't think you can explain yourself out of this one anymore.

Has he lost any subscribers yet? Usually threads like this are full of subscriber count trackers by now. Remember the REACT™ Channel fucking up? Of course they seem to have recovered. I can't see Jon doing the same thing. There's a difference between being greedy sons of birches and being a horrible right wing jerk face.

Has he lost any subscribers yet? Usually threads like this are full of subscriber count trackers by now. Remember the REACT™ Channel fucking up? Of course they seem to have recovered. I can't see Jon doing the same thing. There's a difference between being greedy sons of birches and being a horrible right wing jerk face.

Hahaha no, you get rewarded for that now, do you know whos President? He probably has more subscribers now. Its like Brewster's Millions, where if your goal was to end up with millions less subscribers you would say racist shit, and then end up with more somehow.

jnWake

A shame Jontron went this way. I had stopped watching his content the past year or so but I didn't expect to go full right.

I'll still laugh at his classic moments though, there are many good ones.

Top Bottom