• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey Collector's Edition confirmed (New Details)

No EU release is a bummer, they say on the fb page if you want it you should import it, there's no plans for a EU release of the collection

What? Very strange indeed....

While I'm happy for you, Journey is about a million times better with an internet connection...

So while it will still be your game of the year, it might not be your game of the forever. Just a warning. :D

What are the differences of playing it online versus offline? I have a very unstable interenet connection so I get kicked off PSN every hour or so, what am I missing?

barrin87

thatgamecompany

presents

thatgamecollection

Throw that onto some artwork that looked like this:

but with a pond at the bottom containing Flow organisms.
Done.

How hard would it've been?
Ugh.

That would definitely make the game more appealing.

I loved Flow, Flower, and Journey but the CE isn't that enticing for me. The only tempting things for me would be the mini games and the documentary.

If they had an amazing reversible cover art and art book than I would definitely buy it. A Journey scarf would be absolutely amazing as well. Right now it's just meh.

Carl

What are the differences of playing it online versus offline? I have a very unstable interenet connection so I get kicked off PSN every hour or so, what am I missing?

Randomly encounter other players and experience the journey together. Much more emotionally engaging with another person.

Famassu

It's something you'll only truly understand when you play the game with someone. It's a special experience I've had with no other game, ever.

Respawn

Banned
I played through Journey once and will probably never play through it again. It was still worth the price. I can't even understand why I liked it so much but I don't think I want to understand why. I want to leave that playthrough just like it is in my mind.

Man I thought not much felt this way. What an experience.

Carl

ThatGameCompany tweeted me saying there is no plan to release it in Europe, and to nag @PlaystationEU about it.

So, get on it folks.

pantsmith

I hope they conveniently forget about their online pass requirement for this collection (although in general would be nice, too).

Good business or bad business, it's gross, and takes away from the "art" at work in the collection.

My girlfriend doesn't like games that put any type of pressure on the player. So, she doesn't like any games at all.

I'm hoping she'll like Journey.

Duffyside

Banned
4.png

?

I laughed.

Kind of sucks that I bought all of those games when they launched, as well as the Journey soundtrack, and now I'm missing out on all of the bonus stuff.

The fucking fuck fuck?

Are they crazy? Well, will import in that case.
Well this sucks. Again the standard SCEI vs. SCEA vs. SCEE shit. And here I thought PS3 is a global gaming system, not fucking region specific (you know what I mean).
Import then...fuck it. I'm not gonna wait for SCEE.

Are there still people playing Journey? And will they still be playing in August? I kinda wanna buy this bundle but I don't want Journey to be dead when play it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Will buy this. Having a disk version of one of my favorite games ever is way too enticing, especially since it'll have reversible cover art.

fauxtrot

Banned
This has probably been said earlier in the thread, but I really wish this was coming to Vita. (No, I haven't played Journey yet, so I will be picking this up.)

Duffyside

Banned
Are there still people playing Journey? And will they still be playing in August? I kinda wanna buy this bundle but I don't want Journey to be dead when play it.

I bet people are still playing it, but even if there aren't there will be come August, with whoever buys the collection with you, right?

Also, think of the genius of this game (GENIUS!); unlike other games where you wait in a lobby with one or two other people, waiting for five or six more, in Journey two or three people being online is enough. It's genius.

GENIUS!!!

zroid

Banned

Even if it were dead now (which it isn't), there'll naturally be a sudden increase in players when the CE is released.

This has probably been said earlier in the thread, but I really wish this was coming to Vita. (No, I haven't played Journey yet, so I will be picking this up.)

I'm one of those people who think downloadable psn style games are better suited for Vita than PS3, but I'll make an exception for Journey, it's the kind of game that need to be played on big screen with good sound system etc.

Is this really all 3 tgc games or just journey? If yes, that's amazing. I was wishing that these games would get a disc release, and it came true! I own all 3, but wanted these on disc for my collection for my future kids. The extras make it even better! Day 0.

LadyRiven

Pre-ordered. Loved Journey, but I don't own Flower or Fl0w yet. Even if I did, I'd get this just because the soundtracks + extra games make it worth it!

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I got this email from Video Games Plus that says:

"Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Shipped
"

So either they lie, or they actually started shipping their copies.

Eh for you I hope it's true. I gotta wait to get paid first anyway. :)

Wolfe

This makes no sense. He is supposed to make his judgement from the demo on whether he would want to play the full version of Journey. Its the whole point of a demo. If he didn't like the demo then what makes you think he'd like the full game? If he thinks it is overrated from the demo, he thinks it is overrated.

Yes that's the point of a demo, to decide whether or not you are interested enough to even play the full game. Then after playing the full game you can form a final opinion of it.

It's just like the movie trailer analogy people have tossed around, after watching a trailer it would be fair of me to say "that movie looks dumb" as opposed to "that movie is dumb". People were just saying that it was unfair of him to base his opinion of the full game off the demo even though it is fair to base your decision on if you even want to play the full game off your time with the demo.

Obviously it's not out of the ordinary to base your thoughts on a game solely on the demo but at the same time as other have pointed out demos are not full/final games.

I can't tell you how many times I've played a demo and just not gotten into it only to play the full game later and have a blast, but to say a game is overrated after playing the demo (especially in this instance) is a bit ridiculous.

I got this email from Video Games Plus that says:

"Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Shipped
"

So either they lie, or they actually started shipping their copies.
Same here! Shipped yesterday from VGP. Although it will take 1-2 weeks before I get it here in Croatia. *shrugs*

I have all the three games but I've ordered it just to have a physical copy to put in my collection of my most cherished games (mostly for Flower, but Journey is also close).

The extras could be nice too.

Does this disc simply install the games for you, or do they run straight off the disc? Do they count as new games with new trophies?

Does this disc simply install the games for you, or do they run straight off the disc? Do they count as new games with new trophies?

You can't run the games off the disc. You install them to and the run them from XMB. No new trophies that I can tell since it is the same as downloading them from PSN.

Extras are quite nice and I like the reversible cover art.

Top Bottom