• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey Collector's Edition confirmed (New Details)

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I actually got my mom to play Flower, with the SixAxis, and it blew her mind. Working to get my wife to try Journey now.

bomma_man

This makes no sense. He is supposed to make his judgement from the demo on whether he would want to play the full version of Journey. Its the whole point of a demo. If he didn't like the demo then what makes you think he'd like the full game? If he thinks it is overrated from the demo, he thinks it is overrated.

I've only seen the trailer for the avengers but gee is that movie is overrated.

Does that seem like a reasonable statement to you.

Amir0x

Banned
Not trying to troll folks, I just didn't like the game and the fuss about it. The demo is there for people to see if they liked the game and I didn't. It seemed very boring.

just for the record i thought this same thing prior to playing the final product. I really was bored out of my mind with the demo. In the final complete package, played in one sitting with one or two other people for the entirety of your experience, that's... that's a damn wonderful gaming experience.

Although, I was hoping this would be more Journey specific and not Flower or Flow, since those "games" are lame. Ah well, it's good as it is

Loudninja

More details from a PlayStation: The Official Magazine ad
According to the ad the collection bundles together Journey, Flower and Flow, along with a PlayStation Plus membership, all three original soundtracks, exclusive mini games, documentaries and “much more

I cant post a link because they have a scan.

Looks like my PS+ membership won't be ending this year. ;)
Really hoping this is a nice and compact set with a full size artbook and a Steelbook, though I wouldn't mind that Journey scarf they had in that contest or maybe even a Journey mask. No crappy figures unless they are super high quality please, I'd rather buy a standalone Journey figure for a premium price. Hopefully these are going to be playable through the disc and are not just installation files on a disc.

What if I own either Flow, Flower or Journey?
According to the ad the collection bundles together Journey, Flower and Flow, along with a PlayStation Plus membership, all three original soundtracks, exclusive mini games, documentaries and “much more
Wow that's awesome.

Zia

More details

According to the ad the collection bundles together Journey, Flower and Flow, along with a PlayStation Plus membership, all three original soundtracks, exclusive mini games, documentaries and “much more"

I cant post a link because they have a scan.

Well. Looks like I'm buying a retail PS3 game this year after all.

Well... Yep, I'm totally buying this CE for sure now.

tgc became one of my favorite devs for this generation and may all past & present employees enjoy future success with their endeavors. They made some really amazing stuff.

Takao

Banned
GAF is okay with ad scans, just not okay with actual articles

D6MeT.jpg

I never hold on to games for longer than I'm actively playing them (my collection consists of Gears of War 3 at the moment). That aside, I will be buying the shit out of this and never letting go.

I didn't really care for flow (I found it a little boring) so I never tried out flower but I've been interested in Journey from day one since the whole multiplayer thing was described. I had been waiting on a sale on Journey over PSN but this is even better.

Flower and Journey are 2 of my favorite PS3 games. Is Flow as good? Trying to decide if it's worth it to double dip... Any news on price?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The message is no longer controlled! Its out, red alert!

I still find the name of this compilation too weird. I mean by all means capitalise on Journey's good press, but it really doesn't suit the whole trio of games. Extra's are a tease, dunno if I'll spring for them what with owning all three already...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://thatgamecompany.com/general/...ay-disc-arrives-at-stores-near-you-august-28/

Aug 28th, $29.99

+30-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Journey
+Creator Commentary play-throughs of all three games
+Three exclusive mini-games from thatgamecompany
+Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
+Original soundtracks for all three games
+PS3 dynamic themes and wallpapers
+PSN avatars including 8 exclusive new Journey avatars never released before
+Official game trailers and developer diary videos
+Reversible cover art

Journey_JC.png

http://thatgamecompany.com/general/...ay-disc-arrives-at-stores-near-you-august-28/

[im]http://thatgamecompany.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Journey_JC.png[/img]

+30-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Journey
+Creator Commentary play-throughs of all three games
+Three exclusive mini-games from thatgamecompany
+Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
+Original soundtracks for all three games
+PS3 dynamic themes and wallpapers
+PSN avatars including 8 exclusive new Journey avatars never released before
+Official game trailers and developer diary videos
+Reversible cover art

Someone edit the OP.

Any info on PAL? I hate the "This is our first disc-based release, and will be available at retail outlets across North America for $29.99 on August 28, with release info for additional territories to be announced soon."

*fingers crossed for Aug 31*

Why is Sony doing this? Did all 3 games bomb or something?

How in the world did you come to that conclusion? All three games are among the best selling on the PSN. And if they bombed then why would Sony think to package them together and risk losing money through retail?

Top Bottom