• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey Collector's Edition confirmed (New Details)

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Was hoping for a 3-Pack that also included Flower and Flow.

Every digital download game that doesn't get a disk release bums me out.

Dylan Cuthbert would love to do a PixelJunk Collection. We just gotta get Sony on board.

This package is kind of a kick in the dick right after buying the game. Throw in Flower and Flow and we're good.

Uh, it says in the OP that Flow and Flower are included.

Seriously does not compute. Honestly don't understand how you wouldn't like flower or especially Journey exponentially more than flow. On the PSP no less...

I sincere dafuck.gif to you sir. I would say go buy journey now but... bundle yo. You'll play it. You'll love it.

PSP version of Flow can be controlled with the thumb stick. The PS3 version is controlled with Six-Axis. Six Axis = Bad.

Flower is controlled with Six-Axis, so I was never interested in it.

And I just never really paid much attention to Journey. Reading this thread has gotten me more interested in checking it out, though. I'll try the demo later on today and see if I like it.

Ultima_5

I've only played journey and flower, and the only one I liked was flower.... Was flow any good? I'll probably get this if the box is nice

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Uh, it says in the OP that Flow and Flower are included.

images

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
they'd be fools not to have a variation of this fanart for the box cover, maybe with a flOw beastie in the sky:

GWRnd.jpg

Will buy. Throw in some nice freebies and I'm the happiest consumer ever.

Also, I don't mean to knock those who tried the demo and it wasn't for them, but if someone played through all of Journey and didn't think it was majestic and brilliant then I honestly think they played it wrong or something.

Carl

PSP version of Flow can be controlled with the thumb stick. The PS3 version is controlled with Six-Axis. Six Axis = Bad.

Flower is controlled with Six-Axis, so I was never interested in it.

SixAxis works fine in these games. No need to avoid it simply because it doesn't use the analogue stick.

SixAxis works fine in these games. No need to avoid it simply because it doesn't use the analogue stick.

Actually I think it is totally unneeded for Journey and adds nothing to the game. Laying on my couch playing the camera keeps wanting to look up in the air. Not being able to disable sixaxis seems like an oversight to me.

I've only played Flower out of those three and I'm waiting to see if Journey gets a discount anytime soon. I'll probably just buy this CE, Flow will be like a "bonus" title.

Poyunch

Man been too busy to play Journey so I haven't even touched it. Having not bought Flower or flOw, I wish I waited and just got this instead.

Really? I thought six-axis was pretty janky with Flow. That's the only reason I never bothered to check out Flower. If it works well, I guess I'll give it a shot.

Risgroo

Oh wow, I forgot about this game. I was close to buying it a while ago, but I forgot. Seeing as I loved flower, so I have to pick up Journey soon.Iis flOw worth it, or should I just download Journey seperately?

If most of the reviewers give the game high ratings and most of the users give the game high ratings, how does it make the game "overrated"? It may be a game that isn't for you, but if the majority of people who have played it liked the game, then the game is worthy of its score and "fawning".

pargonta

the designer of the game left TGC (with many other who are involved in Journey ) ..Jenova alone without the rest of the talents..

above information is false,
true information is below

Jenova Chen of TGC said:
we still have the lead engineer, lead designer and artists from Journey, so it doesn't really matter in terms of our ability to make games."
http://www.shacknews.com/article/73660/thatgamecompany-mostly-unchanged-after-key-departures

still, small effects from these departures in the next finished game may be evident, but we will see.

Own all of these digitally but will buy physically. I have friends and family that haven't bought/played any of these games so having a physical disc that I can lend out is great news.

Now I just want my CE Journey OST...

Zia

above information is false,
true information is below

Jenova Chen quote:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/73660/thatgamecompany-mostly-unchanged-after-key-departures

still, small effects from these departures in the next finished game may be evident, but we will see.

Yeah, not to diminish the contributions of all the very talented people that left tgc, but the only person that had a large role in the development of Journey, that has since left, is Chris Bell (who is working on Way).

pargonta

Yeah, not to diminish the contributions of all the very talented people that left tgc, but the only person that had a large role in the development of Journey, that has since left, is Chris Bell (who is working on Way).

that departure,
i did not know about. thank you.

on the note of this collection...
I already own them all! lol,

but this should be very enticing if priced right for others. could be a great money stream

Hero

Haven't grabbed Journey yet, might have to wait for this, sounds awesome even though I already own Flower.

Same boat as you jiggle.

Purchased all 3 games.
Purchased all 3 soundtracks.
Purchased the DLC for fl0w.
Completed all 3 games with 100% trophies for Flower & Journey.

Some of my favorite experiences this gen, but they'd have to offer up some new content for me to buy a 'collection'.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sony Santa Monica also had a large part in the game. Obviously they wont be around anymore.

I loved Flow and Flower but Journey was just an exercise in futility. Pretty, and pretty dull. Traversing the world, which was the only thing to do just wasn't fun. Flow and Flower had fun on tap.

I loved Flow and Flower but Journey was just an exercise in futility. Pretty, and pretty dull. Traversing the world, which was the only thing to do just wasn't fun. Flow and Flower had fun on tap.

Really? I feel completely the opposite! By only the second level (the broken bridge one) you can have collected enough "scarf-ups" to be able to almost traverse the entire level without touching the ground by bouncing off cloth-fish shoals... I find it immensely satisfying. And once you've unlocked your white robe the traversal becomes just endlessly fun :)

Edit: Not to say that Flower wasn't ALSO superb, mind you - Flower was / is astonishing. Flow, I've yet to play... perhaps I'll feel compelled to pick up this collectors edition.

unfortunately it sounds like you either: A. played solo the entire way, or B. didn't get a chance to 'journey' with anyone that made it interesting.

if that's not the case, well... :{

Famassu

There's plenty of exploration (and reason for doing so) and the
more action-y & stealthy
parts bring more than enough variation to the experience. And interaction with a fellow player is what makes this such a special game. I've never played it alone so I can't really say anything about what it's like playing alone, but making the Journey together with someone else is one of the most powerful gaming experiences I've ever had, especially closer to the end.

Suairyu

Banned
Flower and Journey are both in my top 5 of the generation. fl0w was pretty cool, too.

Good-looking enough box and this will be, next to Diablo III, among the only two retail boxes I've pre-ordered in two years.

Why do you hate gaming?
In fairness to him, you have to set aside 3 hours of time and do it all in one go and unplug/turn-off your phones to get the best experience. It can be difficult to arrange.

I've only played the game once - that first, beautiful play-through. I'm actually hesitant to ever play it again. If flower was "a poem" designed to be enjoyed again and again, Journey struck me as this experience that maybe is best only ever having once. Too many powerful memories that I don't want to risk losing their hold on me by experiencing again with non-virgin eyes.

Duffyside

Banned
Shouldn't the thread title be changed to "thatgamecompany collection confirmed" or something? While I agree that Journey is the most important game of the bunch, as it may be the best thing ever, it by itself does not really convey the full information.

Esura

Banned
He's not "wrong in his opinion", but judging Journey from a few minute demo is as pointless as it is to review movies based on trailers. It's the whole that matters, especially with a game like Journey which isn't even that long, yet keeps always surprising and offering something new + pretty much has the best coop in any game ever.

This makes no sense. He is supposed to make his judgement from the demo on whether he would want to play the full version of Journey. Its the whole point of a demo. If he didn't like the demo then what makes you think he'd like the full game? If he thinks it is overrated from the demo, he thinks it is overrated.

smr00

Banned
Hopefully it's a disc, i fucking HATE digital games.

It's not that i despise the games for being digital, i just despise the fact that you can't physically own them :(

The game is overrated. Played the demo and couldn't get into it and couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

The demo for Journey really, really sucks.

If I knew that that was what we were releasing, I would have tried my hardest to make it the three beta levels.

But, yeah, the demo really, really sucks.

John Nesky, the Feel Engineer, also left, and is working with Chris.

And Zia, yeah... You should look at this article, specifically where it says we have nine employees right now:
http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/14/i...mecompany-raises-5-5m-to-hit-wider-audiences/

(We have hired at least two employees since Journey finished, including Vincent Diamante, composer for Flower.)

Zia

Top Bottom