• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey Collector's Edition confirmed (New Details)

C.Redfield

Neo Member
halolz-dot-com-futurama-thelegendofzelda-shutupandtakemyrupees.jpg

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I always find PR 'trying to control the message' stuff like this to be weird. "WE CAN'T SAY ANYTHING MORE. BECAUSE THE WORLD WOULD END."

Don't claim it to be overrated if you've not played the game, simple.
Demo =/= Game

Nah, they chose to put a demo out so it's entirely fair and reasonable for him to base his opinion of the game on a demo the developers chose to release.

This excuse really is quite tiresome, if the devs put out a poor demo, it's on them...not on gamers who played said poor demo and based on their opinion of the game proper on it.

Nah, they chose to put a demo out so it's entirely fair and reasonable for him to base his opinion of the game on a demo the developers chose to release.

This excuse really is quite tiresome, if the devs put out a poor demo, it's on them...not on gamers who played said poor demo and based on their opinion of the game proper on it.

Not really, he can say it's not for him and he doesn't 'get' it or it's boring, but he can't claim the game to be overrated, because he hasn't played the game.

jcutner

I hope it's a nice clean release, with the cover. Not plastered up to shit with sony HD COLLECTION all over the damn box art.

Not really, he can say it's not for him and he doesn't 'get' it or it's boring, but he can't claim the game to be overrated, because he hasn't played the game.

But he can, the demo he played was a sample of gameplay and he found the gameplay to be overrated. maybe he explain himself properly/didn't go about it the right way, but his point is valid.

And hasn't played the game? really? Is the demo a sequence of videos or something?

But he can, the demo he played was a sample of gameplay and he found the gameplay to be overrated. maybe he explain himself properly/didn't go about it the right way, but his point is valid.

And hasn't played the game? really? Is the demo a sequence of videos or something?
Demo =/= Game
I've already made my point.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'll definitely get this, as I've been meaning to buy Flower and Journey for a while. I've always been jealous of the XBLA retail collections.

I didn't like the demo either, but it's less than five minutes long and doesn't have the cooperative play that features heavily into the game. If people are praising Journey's experience because of the co-op and story and neither are represented in the demo, it would be unfair for someone who has only played the demo to call the game as a whole overrated.

I didn't like the demo either, but it's less than five minutes long and doesn't have the cooperative play that features heavily into the game. If people are praising Journey's experience because of the co-op and story and neither are represented in the demo, it would be unfair for someone who has only played the demo to call the game as a whole overrated.

Then the fault lies with the devs for releasing a poor demo that isn't representative of the actual game.

The poster found the game overrated based on what he played, something the devs worked on and released. If it's not representative of the game, it's their fault. It also means he's not wrong in his opinion.

barrin87

I will definitely buy this even though I already own all three games. Hopefully it has a really nice art book or something.

Danielsan

The best gaming experience I've ever had. Easily my GOTY this year. If the packaging is nice I'll double dip (I already own all three games).

The game is overrated. Played the demo and couldn't get into it and couldn't see what all the fuss was about.
Yes, just because you couldn't get into it, it's overrated.

Famassu

Then the fault lies with the devs for releasing a poor demo that isn't representative of the actual game.

The poster found the game overrated based on what he played, something the devs worked on and released. If it's not representative of the game, it's their fault. It also means he's not wrong in his opinion.
He's not "wrong in his opinion", but judging Journey from a few minute demo is as pointless as it is to review movies based on trailers. It's the whole that matters, especially with a game like Journey which isn't even that long, yet keeps always surprising and offering something new + pretty much has the best coop in any game ever.

Zia

Hope it's more than just a cheap repackaging. I'd totally be willing to buy a Team ICO Collection-style release, with dev interviews, concept art, etc. And Journey is the only tgc game I love (and, boy, do I love it).

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

This conversation isn't going to go anywhere, so I'll stop after this.

If he said he found the game uninteresting it would be fair, as that was, as you said, what the developers chose to represent their game. Instead he stated that the game was overrated. Every time someone talks about Journey they talk about the entire experience, so for someone to claim that people who have played Journey are hyperbolic in their opinion, when the person themselves has only played a small area that doesn't represent that entire game experience, is unfair.

The poster's obviously entitled to his opinion, it's just that he doesn't have much to back up his claim. And honestly, even if he had played the entire game, saying something is overrated simply because he didn't like it is absurd. Who's he to judge other people's experiences?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I'll buy if it's $20. No interest in Flower or Journey really. The PSP version of FlOw is great, though.

Seriously does not compute. Honestly don't understand how you wouldn't like flower or especially Journey exponentially more than flow. On the PSP no less...

I sincere dafuck.gif to you sir. I would say go buy journey now but... bundle yo. You'll play it. You'll love it.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
HOLY SHITTTTT!!!

This is like my dream come true. As a satellite connection internet owner, I haven't had access to any of these games; games that I have sooo wanted to played. I can't believe this, Journey Collector's Edition just instantly shot up to my most anticipated game of the year. I would literally buy a PS3 for this if I didn't already own one; That's how much I have anticipated these games!!!!

If there is a Vita version I'll probably faint.

I have played, beaten and even reviewed Journey. Its a solid 7.5. The game is immensely, IMMENSELY over rated. I would gladly trade Fez for this game, and I have never played FeZ because I don't own a 360 anymore, but the fawning over Journey is bordering on ridiculous.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
HOLY SHITTTTT!!!

This is like my dream come true. As a satellite connection internet owner, I haven't had access to any of these games; games that I have sooo wanted to played. I can't believe this, Journey Collector's Edition just instantly shot up to my most anticipated game of the year. I would literally buy a PS3 for this if I didn't already own one; That's how much I have anticipated these games!!!!

If there is a Vita version I'll probably faint.

you're going to missing alot without a proper internet connection.

I haven't played Journey, Flow, or Flower

I will definitely grab this to support the dev. I love the look of the games, I just haven't downloaded much from PSN.

Yes Boss!

Wow! Buy.

Got all three games already but would love a packaged release. Just played through Journey three times last night. One of the best of the generation.

I made the grave mistake of playing Journey with a migraine and it tainted my experience with it. For that reason, Flower is still my favourite DL game ever. If there is real incentive to get the bundle I will and I'll give it another go. Although I'll probably give it another go regardless in the future, hopefully with better results. I still enjoyed it a lot though but man, headaches and gaming don't mix.

Also the word "overrated" should be stricken from the English language. "That amount you enjoyed this game is TOO MUCH". Its laughable when you think about it.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Also the word "overrated" should be stricken from the English language. "That amount you enjoyed this game is TOO MUCH". Its laughable when you think about it.

Less laughable when you realize it means that people rated it too highly, perhaps unjustifiably high if something has serious problems. Which... I have no idea if Journey qualifies for, because I haven't played it.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Was hoping for a 3-Pack that also included Flower and Flow. Good news.

Every digital download game that doesn't get a disk release bums me out.

Dylan Cuthbert would love to do a PixelJunk Collection. We just gotta get Sony on board.

Journey alone would be kind of a kick in the dick right after buying the game. Throw in Flower and Flow and it's Day one.

Top Bottom