• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey (PS4) |OT| Greatest Hits

robotrock

Banned
I played this game waiting for the iconic moment that would license an iconic song from the band Journey but I got no such thing

I also watched Ratatouille and waited for a very specific UB40 song

robotrock

Banned
Anyone else expecting something funky with this release? They've been so quiet on it until they announced it was releasing this month. I fully expect a six hour CoD campaign has been inserted in the middle of the game now.

That's some gorgeous fanart.

Can't wait to play this again on the PS4. One of the best games ever created is about to get that little bit better.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Looking forward to take the Journey once more on the PS4. So damn jealous of all you first timers as well. Go in completely empty with no expectations if possible(please).

Wait so.. If I own this on PS3 I can just redownload it for PS4? Very cool if true.
Yup yup, it's cross-buy so all you do is redownload it again on the PS4 I believe. I'd honestly double-dip just for this if I had to cause it's Journey.

AEREC

Never finished this on PS3...actually the framerate in once section really turned me off from it. Hope this version is a consistent 30 or 60 fps.

I really enjoyed the mentality of two players just chiming at each other with no ability to communicate and try to get your point across.

With all of the "one of the greatest games ever" statements in this thread, I'd just like to remind some of you that you're probably not going to like this.

If an arty, sombre experience doesn't sound like fun, don't come running and moaning about the hyperbole in here... You have been warned!

Oh, and it's one of the greatest gaming experiences I have ever had.

I bought the game on the PS3 with my old account and I know it's a cross buy.... But I will buy it again with my new account just to support them with my money again.

I love this game so much.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
The day Journey released it literally made me forget what made my the day of so wretched before. I have seething angry of something and Journey dispelled that. It still has the same effect today. A regret of mine has been not being able to see the mass of first reactions to it. This is it.

With all of the "one of the greatest games ever" statements in this thread, I'd just like to remind some of you that you're probably not going to like this.

If an arty, sombre experience doesn't sound like fun, don't come running and moaning about the hyperbole in here... You have been warned!

This.

For me it's easily one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had...but I expect more than a few people to come back not liking it.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
When will we hear about a new thatgamecompany game
Ready this still hurts considering Journey pretty much dismantled the entire team. ;_;
They went bankrupt because of it if I remember correctly and SSM had to step in and help them finish it. It still pains my heart cause they are no more. :((

BraXzy

Playing it for the first time... CAN'T WAIT.

Same! I got in on my PS3 when I got one last year but I thought sod it, for my first playthough I might as well wait for the remaster and witness it in its full glory.

SCEE PLEASE UPDATE THE STORE!

Piggus

Most beautiful game ever made. Can't wait to play through it again. Are there any changes other than the boost to framerate/resolution? Not that it would need any...

majik13

I usually never replay games, but I might do it for this one, considering it is fairly short. Which isn't a bad thing in this case.

Played this at launch and traversed through most of the game with a random fellow traveller. It was such a moving experience, even though you can't really "communicate" in normal ways. We added each other as PSN friends without speaking, and haven't spoken since. Still on my friends list. What a game.

robotrock

Banned
Ready this still hurts considering Journey pretty much dismantled the entire team. ;_;
They went bankrupt because of it if I remember correctly and SSM had to step in and help them finish it. It still pains my heart cause they are no more. :((

Wait, really? I didn't know about this. Damn..., I had thought their contract with Sony was up and that was it.

I'm glad I'm getting it for for free on my PS4 but I would have been happy to pay for it again. I kinda wish there was a 'donate' button. The experience was that good!

Radec

Yep. Nothing wrong with not liking the game or having different opinions.

TGC games are artistic anyway.

Kinsella

Banned
Can't wait to play this for the first time. Now I need some PSN credit.

First time was OK. It wasn't until the 2nd or 3rd that I really started to appreciate all that was going on. I went in completely blind. I then played it at least another 10 times and I love it more each time. It's far from being the greatest game I ever played, but it's at the very top of my list of greatest experiences in gaming.

Same here.

Aw... I wish I could play this again for the first time. My tips:

1) One sitting. Game lasts 2 hours at the most. This should not be a problem for anyone.
2) Headphones. Soundtrack of this game is sublime. Also, don't be in a party.
3) Play online and try to work together with your companion despite the minimal comunication made available.
4) Don't worry about trophies or collectables until your second playthrough.

Three

The company had a rough time once the 3 game contract finished but they didn't go bankrupt AFAIK. A lot of people left after the contract finished but Thatgamecompany are still making an independent game I think.

EndMerit

I don't quite remember whether or not it was my first, but I'll never forget my definitive run.
Replayed it couple of times since, to "completion", but this will be the first time for me to be the "guide", helping new travellers (and also reading their impressions here). Can't wait.

Top Bottom