• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey (PS4) |OT| Greatest Hits

BibiMaghoo

Ugh. It's not, for anyone that's intentionally trying to avoid spoilers. Which is what I meant to specifically point out. From story to gameplay spoilers, you could expect spoilers of every aspect of the game in this topic.

If you specifically don't want to be spoiled, the OT is not the place to be. Notably, because this is a port of a 3 year old game.

This was quoted from page 5 of the OT, the second post being from someone that hasn't played it, followed by other post from people that have not played it. If I went into any other OT on page 5 and started talking about spoilers, I would expect to be spanked for it, and rightly so. An OT is an introduction to the game, a person should not be clicking page 2 and reading the fucking ending, that is just common sense, with a measure of courtesy. I'm reasonably confident you understand both concepts.

While that's true, given the game's length and relatively simple gameplay, the OT really only needs to convey a single thing for people that haven't already played, and that's "You should play this game and not come back to this topic until you have".

Like, there's nothing you can really talk about with the game, given its length and simple mechanics, which wouldn't touch on potential spoilers.

That is fair, the nature of the game does not lend well to discussion until it's finished, but an OT - especially this early - should absolutely be free from spoilers when it's full of people excited to play it for the first time.

Well that's a hell of a preorder theme. No Journey logo anywhere just a non-busy background, soothing music and cool tiles and symbols.

Any videos of the journey background? Might pre-order last minute just for that, the game looks good but I also know it will be a PS+ game eventually.

I can't wait until tomorrow. I loved the game when it first released on ps3, was recovering from surgery and it left my astounded =). I'll have the wife play it tomorrow, so she can experience it firsthand.

ramyeon

Am I the only one that finds themes so tacky? I want to like this one so much but I just can't. It is simple, but not simple enough imo and the custom icons for the default apps clash so much with the game icons :(

Am I the only one that finds themes so tacky? I want to like this one so much but I just can't. It is simple, but not simple enough imo and the custom icons for the default apps clash so much with the game icons :(

I think compared to other themes it's pretty great but I know what you mean.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Well that's a hell of a preorder theme. No Journey logo anywhere just a non-busy background, soothing music and cool tiles and symbols.
Yeesh I want this. Pre-order themes have apparently really stepped it up recently.
Is there a way to get this theme if you bought the game on PS3? Sounds splendid.
Ummm. I think this is either the first time this has happened or at least the first for such a relatively high profile game. If Sony doesn't say anything I would whine at whoever heads up the PS Blog and some other Twitter. Maybe Shu would be sympathetic. Actually where's our PS MVP contact? It can't be easy to distribute such a wide fix for something as inconsequential as a pre-order theme. It'd have to go public for everyone at a later date.

Griss

Never played it and I'm worried that all the pictures and GIFs I've seen in random threads throughout the years will have ruined it for me :(

Apparently not knowing that it was even multiplayer made for a magical moment for many players.

Even still, I loved Flower to death so I'm looking forward to this all the same.

Had 360 last gen, straight to ps4 this gen, already pre prdered it, cant wait for tomorrow.

Question, do I play it alone or online, first? I get different accounts everytime, not sure what to do.

Personally, I say play online.

You're in for a very special experience.

KaoteK

This will be my first time playing it, it's also the first time I've ever preordered a game, had to take advantage of that deal and was going to buy it anyway. I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in when it unlocks.

Vitacat

Got to play this free via PS+ on PS3.

It was a very interesting, beautiful, yet short, experience. There is nothing else quite like it. Definitely worth playing, but not feeling driven to play it again.

Some will love it. Some will wonder why. I'm somewhere in the middle.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Pre-ordered. I skipped the PS3 last generation and never played this. I didn't hear too much about it either so I'm going in blind. Looks pretty cool.

Darknight

Kinda want to buy it. Wish I bought the PS3 version when it went on sale for like $5. I didnt buy it because I was waiting for this superior version. I think back then, this was just rumored and wasnt thinking cross buy. RATS!!

Kaldea

So people who own the PS3 version can't preload and can't get the new theme?

Will it be sold on its own? My PS3 still has the Journey theme on and I'd love to have one for my PS4. :(

DavidDesu

Just take your time, soak it all in, play with headphones or decent sound as the music is sublime. It's such a simple experience, but by the end it all builds to one beautiful moment. I'll say no more.

I can't imagine the average 14 year old COD player will be mature enough to last through a sitting without complaining about the entire experience. I think your enjoyment does kind of rely on your emotional maturity, or at leas your openness to experience something different from the norm.

I hope many more people new to PlayStation enjoy it! Xbox has nothing like this (coming from someone who loved my Xbox 1 and 360 by the way!).

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Well the game is there to buy on the UK store, evidently someone didn't check that "crossbuy" box though because it wants me to buy it, which if I had any money and pay day wasn't a week and half away I would happily buy again.

DavidDesu

Well the game is there to buy on the UK store, evidently someone didn't check that "crossbuy" box though because it wants me to buy it, which if I had any money and pay day wasn't a week and half away I would happily buy again.

AHH! I thought I'd maybe bought it on my old PSN account hence not being Cross buy right now, but the timeline didn't make sense.. was sure I bought Journey on my current account. Hopefully this is fixed soon!

EDIT: I'm in UK too. Must be a glitch....

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
AHH! I thought I'd maybe bought it on my old PSN account hence not being Cross buy right now, but the timeline didn't make sense.. was sure I bought Journey on my current account. Hopefully this is fixed soon!

Just seems like they haven't sorted it out properly yet, probably wont happen till the morning though. Seems to be two versions of Journey on the store, the PS3 version we bought back when it released, and the new version which is PS3/PS4, this is probably why it isn't crossbuy enabled at the moment.

Kinsella

Banned
Russian guy on ustream streaming it on the Live From app. The music...mmmmmm.

You won't find it searching for Journey. It's listed as the Russian equivalent, but if you go to the bottom of the Games tab, it's there.

Same reason I don't use themes on Vita. 5% looks cool all of a sudden, then everything else I see looks jank in contrast. I remember liking the LBP theme on PS3, and I don't remember why... probably because there just wasn't anything to clash with as long as the XMB changed.

Magnus

Really memorable and thrilling evening. I'd gladly keep shelling out $10-20 for single evenings of play this memorable.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
It's telling me I have to buy it again even though I bought it on the PS3. I tried to go to the PS3 section but it then tells me it's unavailable. Nowhere does it tell me I've actually 'purchased' it. I'll be really annoyed if I get LBP3 all over again.

Top Bottom