• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey (PS4) |OT| Greatest Hits

ramyeon

I hope there's still people to connect with online :( it's a weird time on a weekday to be playing in Australia on top of it having just been released.

Humdinger

This reminds me, has Thatgamecompany done anything since Journey? do we know what state they're in, what they're working on?

As mentioned earlier, we know they're working on a multiplatform game.

Several of the original leads on Journey have gone on to other studios, I believe. The art director is heading up Giant Squid, for instance, and working on ABZU. I think some others left as well. That makes me sad. I wish they'd stayed together. It's sort of like hearing that your favorite band broke up.

Man I'm salty about the theme issue.

I've got to assume that the theme will be available for everyone to purchase soon.

ryseing

Waiting on the PS4 physical CE. I already have way too much Journey merch, might as well add that to the pile.

Enjoy y'all. You're in for a special experience.

WITHE1982

Yeah I found it mate. Wierd I cant download it on PS4 though.

Are you 100% on the same PSN account. I know it's obvious but I've done it myself and not realised stuff was linked to my older account.

If not it sounds like a glitch. I'd be on to Sony ASAP.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I just checked why I can't purchase it on the PS3 and it tells me it's because I already own it on the PS3. So why the hell is it not allowing me to get it for my PS4?

Ricky_R

I just checked why I can't purchase it on the PS3 and it tells me it's because I already own it on the PS3. So why the hell is it not allowing me to get it for my PS4?

I tried "purchasing" it on the PS4, but it says that I can't because I already own it on the PS3. My guess is that we will be able to download it tomorrow.

boeso

I tried "purchasing" it on the PS4, but it says that I can't because I already own it on the PS3. My guess is that we will be able to download it tomorrow.

Have you tried going through the PSN store on your browser? Just dloaded it that way.

djshauny

Banned
I just searched for Journey on mine. Shows the PS3 version as purchased, and then a separate version for PS4 that said "free" on the price.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/search/q=journey

Fourth from the left on the top row, assuming that search shows the same for you.

Yeah its saying I have to pay for it mate.

EDIT

Says Journey PS3 is not availible for purchase....I have no idea whats going on here.

There PS3 game is in my libary lol

Chopper

Yeah its saying I have to pay for it mate.

EDIT

Says Journey PS3 is not availible for purchase....I have no idea whats going on here.

There PS3 game is in my libary lol
Same. Shame. I would really have loved to get this downloading before I went to bed. Oh well.

I think I know what's going on, I also have the game in my DL list (without a pic and it links to an empty store page), but no cross-buy with PS4 and the PS3 version says I can't buy it because I own it.

That usually happens when a version of the game is removed from the store and replaced with another one for some reason. That probably happened with Journey and the only game that has cross-buy enabled is the newer version.

Basically, everyone who bought the game at launch or before the new version was put up is SOL right now until SCEE fixes it.

Having the same issue here in Australia. Bought the PS3 version digitally when it released yet the store doesn't recognize it for some reason, so the PS4 version wants me to purchase it. Hopefully it gets sorted soon as I've been waiting for the PS4 version to replay it. Great game.

I just searched for Journey on mine. Shows the PS3 version as purchased, and then a separate version for PS4 that said "free" on the price.

Fourth from the left on the top row, assuming that search shows the same for you.

When I look on the PC Store, it shows the PS3 only version as unavailable, instead of purchased. And the PS3 & PS4 version is listed with a PS+ discount price of $18 :(

UK here too. Bought the PS3 version on launch day. Keep being prompted to pay £9 for the PS4 version (and even to redownload the PS3 one.) Really hope this issue gets resolved.

Rndm

I'm having the same issue as many others. Bought it on PS3, says the PS3 version is not available because I already own Journey (it's been like that before, no issue), and the PS4 version has its regular price.

Maybe it has to do with the PS+ exclusive version that I bought which came out a week earlier than the game did for people without PS+ on PS3.

So my question is, did the others with the issue also buy the PS+ release on PS3? Did anyone who bought the PS+ release for PS3 get the PS4 version for free?

Vitor711

UK here too. Bought the PS3 version on launch day. Keep being prompted to pay £9 for the PS4 version (and even to redownload the PS3 one.) Really hope this issue gets resolved.

Same problem, that's sucky. I bought this on launch day on PS3. I'm hoping it's sorted promptly.

EDIT: My PS3 copy of Journey in my shopping history is listed as 'unavailable'. Weird.

Rodhull

The people that can't download Journey on PS4 did you by any chance buy it as part of a deal with The Unfinished Swan?

I can't and that's how i bought it so wondering if that has something to do with it?

Vitor711

The people that can't download Journey on PS4 did you by any chance buy it as part of a deal with The Unfinished Swan?

I can't and that's how i bought it so wondering if that has something to do with it?

Bought it solo here on 15/03/2012. Weird. Also tried from a browser instead of the store on Playstation. No luck.

Same problem, that's sucky. I bought this on launch day on PS3. I'm hoping it's sorted promptly.

EDIT: My PS3 copy of Journey in my shopping history is listed as 'unavailable'. Weird.

Aye, same. Can't get either without paying an additional £9.

SybhZsn.png

Vitor711

I think I know what's going on, I also have the game in my DL list (without a pic and it links to an empty store page), but no cross-buy with PS4 and the PS3 version says I can't buy it because I own it.

That usually happens when a version of the game is removed from the store and replaced with another one for some reason. That probably happened with Journey and the only game that has cross-buy enabled is the newer version.

Basically, everyone who bought the game at launch or before the new version was put up is SOL right now until SCEE fixes it.

Yup, sounds plausible. Also, a real sh*tty way to treat customers who were early adopters/there on launch. I'm sure it's just an oversight though so will likely get fixed soon - anyone tweet at the relevant people yet? That might help.

Yup, sounds plausible. Also, a real sh*tty way to treat customers who were early adopters/there on launch. I'm sure it's just an oversight though so will likely get fixed soon - anyone tweet at the relevant people yet? That might help.

Just tweeted PlayStation UK. Let's all get tweets in to their official accouts and hope they take notice by morning. Should work. :)

I'll tweet at Fred Dutton at a more reasonable time (it's 3 AM!), he usually gets this stuff fixed
Feel free to tweet him too, but don't harass him :p

Ace001

As mentioned earlier, we know they're working on a multiplatform game.

Several of the original leads on Journey have gone on to other studios, I believe. The art director is heading up Giant Squid, for instance, and working on ABZU. I think some others left as well. That makes me sad. I wish they'd stayed together. It's sort of like hearing that your favorite band broke up.

I've got to assume that the theme will be available for everyone to purchase soon.

There is a dynamic journey theme on the Aussie store now

Didn't realize this was going to be cross-buy, now I'm looking forward to replaying it (after the cross-buy issue gets fixed, apparently).

There's no separate PS4 version showing for me, just PS3 ("Unavailable") and PS3|PS4 (NZ$19.16).

I don't understand how the SCEE PSN team is so incompetent and why SCEE (or SCE in general) does NOTHING about it. They've been making dumb mistakes for as long as I can remember the store existing.

Vitor711

I guess cross-buy isn't up yet? Store page shows unavailable for purchase since I already own it. In US.

Everyone's having the same issue - we're guessing that people with newer versions of Journey are being tagged correctly in the system as having owned it. All the people who were there on launch day (or even in the beta like me) don't have access to it. Likely they just swapped out the files in the store a while back and forgot to have the new version check that.

That's the going theory anyway.

hitme

So we're all in agreement that wearing headphones is the only way to play it this time around?

Unless you don't want an eargasm that is.

Chille

Everyone's having the same issue - we're guessing that people with newer versions of Journey are being tagged correctly in the system as having owned it. All the people who were there on launch day (or even in the beta like me) don't have access to it. Likely they just swapped out the files in the store a while back and forgot to have the new version check that.

That's the going theory anyway.

Remember when the beta only had six axis controls?

Top Bottom