• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Judge Dredd Mega-City One TV Show in development

SpaceWolf

Banned
This could be cool, but I'm wondering how much of a stylistic difference this show will have from the movie? One of the reasons why I liked the movie so much was the gritty and somewhat subdued style it had going on, and if this show is going full comic style with it, then I worry it might be a mismatch.

This show wouldn't have nearly enough budget to allow it to go "full comic style". The 2012 movie's budget didn't even allow it to do so.

CTLance

I can only hope Urban and Thirlby can at least make some sizeable cameos. Full time roles would be ace, but eh, I can see how time and budget constraints would probably make this unfeasible.

Shredderi

Small update, according to this YouTube channel Jason Kingsley at Rebellion says the TV show will have the biggest budget per hour (£1,000,000+) of any UK show ever! Don't know the channel so not sure how true. Good news if true.

My first thought is that it will be canceled after the first season. These really big budget tv shows don't seem to last for obvious reasons, unless they are one of the few super popular ones.

My first thought is that it will be canceled after the first season. These really big budget tv shows don't seem to last for obvious reasons, unless they are one of the few super popular ones.

They need to stick to the formular of the movie.

The movie was amazing for being dense and with an incredible atmosphere. I think this could be incredible. A good group of SFX artists are needed. a good mix of CGI but also a lot of practical effects and squibs.

Since the producers are in on this, I wonder if they have art assets and props already built they can reuse?

SpaceWolf

Banned
Small update, according to this YouTube channel Jason Kingsley at Rebellion says the TV show will have the biggest budget per hour (£1,000,000+) of any UK show ever! Don't know the channel so not sure how true. Good news if true.

bullshit.gif

haveheart

Banned
There were some tweets last year by Urban where he said he would love to do a Dredd tv show! I can't post them atm as I'm not at home. This can't be a coincidence.

I will watch the shit out of this show w Urban. I pretty sure he'll do it! So hyped already!

Top Bottom