• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Jul 8-21) The International 2014 DOTA 2 Championships: $10.5 million prize pool

Demoli

Hoping for DK, Alliance and Newbee to pull ahead. I would be increadibly sad f Burning retired without an International under his belt.

Gogogo let's do this! Shivering with anticipation!

0423__dota2_valve_intro_by_agito666_zpsb46fd6b9.png

And of course I will miss the first games. :( Life intervenes.

Since I promised this;

Na`vi.US Is:
UJZgwNJ.png
JingJun "Sneyking" Wu
UJZgwNJ.png
Steven "Korok" Ashworth
UJZgwNJ.png
Braxton "Brax" Paulson
7T2KXLZ.png

UJZgwNJ.png
Ioannis "Fogged" Loucas
wjrspEq.png
Theeban "1437" Siva

Recent Results:
1st Place TI4 America's Qualifier
1st Place Gigabyte Challenge #4
3rd Place ADL Season 2
5-6th Place BTS The Summit

Signature Heroes:
Sneyking -- Lycan, Luna, Shadow Fiend.
Korok -- Dragon Knight, Brewmaster, Kunkka.
Brax -- Magnus, Clockwork, Dark Seer, Tidehunter.
Fogged -- Sand King, Shadow Demon, Io.
1437 -- Enchantress, Keeper of the Light, Dazzle, Disruptor.

Summary:
What happens when you throw a bunch of teamless top tier players from America (and one from Canada) together and give them a singular goal? A surprise team that storms gates of the America's Qualifier and secures themselves a guaranteed invite to the biggest eSports event to date. Natus Vincere's US squad was originally founded just 3 months ago as North American Rejects--a tongue in cheek name for a collection of 5 players who had bounced around some of North America's premier teams over the past 3+ years.

North American Rejects was formed with the sole purpose of securing a spot in the tournament for these 5 players, all of whom were looking to return to the big stage after playing for various teams in The International 2013. It looks as though their plan worked, having gone 8-2 in the Group Stage and then swept the heavily favored Team Liquid 2-0 in the Upper Bracket before an intense 3-2 victory over Team Liquid in the Grand Finals. Although not the top dogs they were following TI3, Team Liquid--Korok's former team--is the highest placing American team to date, so beating them was what you may call a rite of passage.

Shortly after securing a spot in the TI4 main event, North American Rejects were picked up by the most unlikely of organizations, Natus Vincere. It's very unusual for gaming organizations to have multiple teams (although LGD and OK.Nirvana have had Chinese and International teams) but surprisingly fitting considering the saying from TI2; "Na`vi, best team NA". Although that was referring to the European Na`vi organization, it will be interesting to see the two fact off.

The last major event Na'vi.US competed in was Beyond The Summit's The Summit, and against the might of top tier Chinese and European teams, they did not look nearly as prepared as they will need to be going into TI4. If Na`vi.US was to go for the gold, they are going to need to work as a more cohesive team, and broaden their skillset. For some odd reason their players have abandoned their previously signature heroes and tried to redefine themselves as players. Their players have the skill, they have the support of a major eSports organization, and at this point they have nothing to lose, but they still have to prove that Na`vi.US is best team NA by winning The International 2014.

jjbEEWX.jpg

Left To Right: Sneyking, Brax, 1437, Fogged, Korok

EG are going to crush Burdering, Mushit, feedfeedfeed & co at the finals, mark my words

The have the potential to crush, that is if Mason doesn't choke like he did on the big stage at ESL. EG basically played with a 4 man squad against IG. This is TI, they need 5 man playing to their full potential.

Jarnet87

Sunsfan + purge is pretty good. I thought Synderen would be a great choice as well for the noob stream. Agreed that Pflax isn't the best to explain things. He's gonna make jokes that go completely over the heads of the people intended for this stream.

My black hole is ready

7C5869323793E97B6DCDCB9B50816DDBD38FE278

shira

Since I promised this;

Na`vi.US Is:

TQ very much!

Sorry guys!
I am running out of characters in the 2 OP's. I'll have to snip snip some of everyone's stuff to fit in the rest I guess. My bad, I didn't think everyone woudl be so wordy

Enjoy the games today!

Razzer

So, as a little activity, what was everyone fave games from last year. My top 5 would have to be in no order, 'Throne means everything' game between LGD and Alliance, Orange vs DK game 3, Liquid vs LGD in the Lower bracket, one of the two Dendi Pudge games, and of course that amazing game 5 from the grand final.

I'm looking forward to the event, but I always have a hard time figuring out who to root for with esports. My gut says I should go for a US team for national pride's sake, but those Na`Vi dudes are just so delightful.

abunai

So, as a little activity, what was everyone fave games from last year. My top 5 would have to be in no order, 'Throne means everything' game between LGD and Alliance, Orange vs DK game 3, Liquid vs LGD in the Lower bracket, one of the two Dendi Pudge games, and of course that amazing game 5 from the grand final.

1. Orange vs DK
2. Game 5 of the grand final
3. Everything else

chills every time I watch this

ksan

One of the hypest moments was definitely from that liquid vs. lgd game :lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25-6z9kUvrk

Einbroch

Banned
Thanks man! So they wont play until tomorrow? As today is the "play-in" games, ala NCAA First Four? (stupid name)

I also support the Minnesota Vikings sowhereisthatpurpleandyellow but I laughed hard about the Everton connection
Mason's from Minnesota.

EG best team.

Calidor

1) Alliance vs Na'Vi - Grand Final - Game 5 (probably the best game of all time)
2) Orange vs Na'Vi - Loser Bracket Final - Game 1 (best QoP I've ever seen) & Game 3 (deny everything!)
3) TongFu vs Na'Vi - Upper Bracket - Game 3 (dem fountain hooks)

TQ very much!

Sorry guys!
I am running out of characters in the 2 OP's. I'll have to snip snip some of everyone's stuff to fit in the rest I guess. My bad, I didn't think everyone woudl be so wordy

Enjoy the games today!

Cant you move some content to the first post?

Hugstable

Banned
Oh god the day is finally here! And I went to Dota2lounge since the first time since Last Years TI3, and everything seems different now for the betting?

Einbroch

Banned
Man, I really hope Tobi casts the finals. He's become so much less awkward recently and his casting has always been my favorite.

Is Syndern the best caster? He plays super well with almost everyone. Quickly becoming my fave.

I don't know if he's the best but he's definitely one of my favourites. Always enjoy his work.

Also I'm hoping that the production for TI4 take a page from ESL One and have the analysts desk discussing the draft, as opposed to the casters.

ksan

The important thing with the international is not who wins, but rather that China loses
or I'd be ok with Newbee, cause I've always liked the trio since PanDa

ksan

Implying dk won't win this.

Implying that mushi will have a team that won't choke, especially considering that his team knows that he had to sell his soul to join.

Oh, what a divine gift it would be if Y-God knocked out DK.

shira

The important thing with the international is not who wins, but rather that China loses
or I'd be ok with Newbee, cause I've always liked the trio since PanDa
If Korea beats any Chinese team the circle will be complete and the purge commences

Top Bottom