• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June OXM Teases New Front Misson to be Revealed at E3 (confirmed, first screen)

More Front Mission!?!?!?!!?

YESSSS!!!!!!!

2na8cq1

lunlunqq

Haunted said:
SRPG or bust.

I don't play Front Mission for realtime third person action. :mad:

Second!!!

I WANT MY NEXT FM TO BE IN ITS TRADITIONAL SRPG FORM!!! If you want to try something new, create new IP plz. Leave my FM alone.

Realistically it doesn't make a lot of sense for Square to do anymore exclusives, at least when it comes to the HD consoles. But then again, Square hasn't made much sense this generation anyway so who knows what they'll do.

Paracelsus

Dragona Akehi said:
AHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHAU

I guessed right then. It's the exact opposite, a Lost Planet 2 kind of deal, rather than a TLR one.

I wonder why they did put it on OPM if a PS3 release was in discussion. That's gaming journalism for ya.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
neojubei said:
Well I didn't know it was a crime for games to be exclusive to ps3. If it isn't then so be it.

Dude... you said that you hope it's exclusive for the PS3.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Paracelsus said:
I guessed right then. It's the exact opposite, a Lost Planet 2 kind of deal, rather than a TLR one.

I wonder why they did put it on OPM if a PS3 release was in discussion. That's gaming journalism for ya.

E3 cannot come soon enough all this secrecy is driving me crazy. :D

RSTEIN said:
Dude... you said that you hope it's exclusive for the PS3.

So. I hope to be a millionaire that does not mean it will happen.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
JT, isn't there another Crystal Ball thing in that issue of OXM that says something like "three red lights aligned in a familiar order (no, not RROD, u jerkz) representing a reveal of said game at E3" or something like that?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
neojubei said:
So. I hope to be a millionaire that does not mean it will happen.

That's an admirable goal. But why the hell would you want a game to be exclusive to one console?

FrankT

Domino Theory said:
JT, isn't there another Crystal Ball thing in that issue of OXM that says something like "three red lights aligned in a familiar order (no, not RROD, u jerkz) representing a reveal of said game at E3" or something like that?

Aye, can't make much sense of that one myself. Word for word here it is;

The Ball reveals three red lights arranged in a familiar pattern shining in the dark at the upcoming E3, but it has nothing to do with Xbox 360 hardware failures.

Could be a lot of things really.

Quazar

The Ball reveals three red lights arranged in a familiar pattern shining in the dark at the upcoming E3, but it has nothing to do with Xbox 360 hardware failures.

Is this related too FM or for something different ?

FFChris

Splinter Cell goggles? Ok they are green.. but who knows.

'Familiar pattern' obviously indicates a sequel, 'shining in the dark' doesn't fit Forza.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Quazar said:

Is this related too FM or for something different ?
The only thing I can think of that has three red lights seems... unlikely.

FrankT

Nirolak said:
The only thing I can think of that has three red lights seems... unlikely.

That was the first thing that popped in my mind and I can only dream. No matter I will play it day one regardless. Tiss but a dream. Sam Fisher also popped up, but again as mentioned green.

clashfan

Quazar said:

Is that quote from OXM?

Lakitu said:
What makes you say that?

It's Splinter Cell if that's the case.

The way the sentence is parsed:

"The Ball reveals three red lights arranged in a familiar pattern shining in the dark at the upcoming E3, but it has nothing to do with Xbox 360 hardware failures."

The way that reads, the lights familiarity are in their pattern, not their colour.

Thus the lights, the ones in a familiar pattern, are red.

Haunted said:
Dragona is such a tease.

This is just pure speculation on my part. No teasing this time.

Lakitu

st5fu
Dragona Akehi said:
The way the sentence is parsed:

"The Ball reveals three red lights arranged in a familiar pattern shining in the dark at the upcoming E3, but it has nothing to do with Xbox 360 hardware failures."

The way that reads, the lights familiarity are in their pattern, not their colour.

Thus the lights, the ones in a familiar pattern, are red.

That's nice logic. I would hope so anyway, I've been waiting for the new Splinter Cell for too long.

Zezboob

Front Mission back ? Good news :D

neojubei said:
Really? cool hope it is exclusive to ps3.
Yeah, you don't want xbots to play your games, right ? Right ?

Haunted said:
SRPG or bust.

I don't play Front Mission for realtime third person action. :mad:
Oh shit, now that mention that.... :fear:

Can't wait for E3.

FFChris

Lakitu said:
That's nice logic. I would hope so anyway, I've been waiting for the new Splinter Cell for too long.

Yup. It's strange to see the franchise that was, arguably, one of the pillars of the original Xbox be forgotten so quickly in the wake of new titles.

batbeg

Front Mission Evolved doesn't sound particularly promising to me :/ Please be a SRPG! Don't evolve too much! *Mashes B*

Lucis

neojubei said:
Really? cool hope it is exclusive to ps3.

Man, even a PS3 fanboy as myself can't stand your post some times.
Especially when the OP already states that the game is suppose to come out on 360 (maybe even exclusive to that!)
You seem to be excited at any game when it's a sony exclusive.

Kirashi said:
Man, even a PS3 fanboy as myself can't stand your post some times.
Especially when the OP already states that the game is suppose to come out on 360 (maybe even exclusive to that!)
You seem to be excited at any game when it's a sony exclusive.
Well he's not as bad as that CHRP or w/e member. Every time we say there's a Square game that we hype will be on the 360, he laughs.

lupin23rd

How well does FM sell here in North America?

Actually, which ones even came out here?

I only played the first one (in Japanese) :lol

clashfan

Lakitu said:

I think we should expect to see a new Splinter Cell, the real question is will it be any good? I think we all heard the rumors of troubled development on the project.

Top Bottom