• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

No wonder they losing money. Going to steal everyone and have way too many people on the roster.

All just to misuse and so nobody else can have the actual talent and thus be a legit competitor to the company.

Glad it's starting to backfire and hurt them financially, and I hope the pain continues. That new TV deal is going to be <3 <3 <3

When is regal going to BJW to scout for 305 live

I imagine wwe will be interested in Eita

God, WWE picking up KAI to be Dean Ambrose's partner would be great.

Will we see this at Extreme Rules?
Death_49b951_5871831.gif

Kaladin

With most people they're doing developmental right. They're keeping people in the performance center who need it, they have the Florida NXT circuit if they need to work live matches in front of small crowds to test a gimmick or get someone used to working in front of a crowd, and they have NXT TV for those who are ready to go but need training on how to do WWE TV.

It's just a shame they have all that in place to bury them on Raw or Smackdown.

From the CWC I think it's clear that they know how to book juniors. Once it gets under Vince's eyes, well we all know how 205 Live is going.

Someone in the developmental department knows how to book, ever since at least FCW. They always know when they have a star and how to elevate them. Look at Low Ki in FCW, or Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose. Hell, Daniel Bryan had a cup of coffee in FCW and they knew enough there to book Bryan vs Low Ki while they had him. They carried that over to the new NXT and people got to see it on a larger scale. They are also giving the same kind of treatment to the tournaments like CWC and the UK stuff. It does get fucked when Vince gets a hold of it though.

Slizz

If you lads were to use the current active roster for the most part on either SD or Raw(not both combined)

What would your title storylines be? Would you recycle stuff thats been done elsewhere a la AJ Nak? or would you do 'different' stuff?

A lot of people wanted the predictable Ladder match for the Boyz, but thats..... whats expected.... almost like a Roman W.

If you lads were to use the current active roster for the most part on either SD or Raw(not both combined)

What would your title storylines be? Would you recycle stuff thats been done elsewhere a la AJ Nak? or would you do 'different' stuff?

A lot of people wanted the predictable Ladder match for the Boyz, but thats..... whats expected.... almost like a Roman W.

I would just put guys that I think are talented in a position to get over by emphasizing their strengths and hiding their weaknesses. And if someone gets over unexpectedly, don't question it, just run with it.

Predictable isn't inherently bad. There's a satisfaction in seeing logic pay off.

Sephzilla

I know you're joking, but Meltzer has mentioned that we shouldn't expect big talent cuts anytime soon. At most they'll just start cutting guys who have never been on NXT TV. They are in an almost permanent recruiting phase at the moment when it comes to talent.

It sounds like WWE simply wants to make sure other promotions don't get big talent, perhaps because WWE realizes they're now vulnerable.

Brock vs Strowman sounds like it could either be really good or really bad.

It'll probably be really bad. Of all the people for Brock to give a fuck about it isn't gonna be Strowman. Maybe a royal rumble 2016 repeat.

Slizz

What's the best way to make small video clips out of a Blu-ray (that I can then make gifs from)?

Windows Movie Maker is probably already on your comp, lets you cut snippets an what not. I've been using Avidemux to do essentially the same thing, much lighter and pretty damn simple.

It sounds like WWE simply wants to make sure other promotions don't get big talent, perhaps because WWE realizes they're now vulnerable.

The way it's been explained, it's not that they think they are vulnerable now. They are basically just making all the moves now to ensure they can never be vulnerable in the future.

I wonder if WWE will do another weekly show?

Women's show is planned after the Tournament.

Sephzilla

The way it's been explained, it's not that they think they are vulnerable now. They are basically just making all the moves now to ensure they can never be vulnerable in the future.

The hilarious thing is doing that will do nothing to fix the growing vulnerability they already have.

Kaladin

On Raw I'd feature Finn Balor, Samoa Joe, Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman and Bray Wyatt at the top. Balor and Wyatt would be babyfaces while Joe and Strowman would be heels. Reigns would be the guy that fought anyone. I'd give the belt to Strowman and let everyone else chase and book him as an unstoppable monster.

Over on Smackdown, you have the perfect main event set up that they aren't using. AJ Styles, Nakamura, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and Baron Corbin. You can even have Orton, Jinder and Ziggler in there as upper mid carders. I'd give the belt to Nakamura, but quickly change it over to KO and have Nakamura and others chase him. I'd maybe even try a KO / AJ alliance, but like other KO friendships, it wouldn't last.

The hilarious thing is doing that will do nothing to fix the growing vulnerability they already have.

And what is that? Booking stagnation? Because that can change in an instant if the right decisions are made.

All things considered they are nowhere near vulnerable right now.

Speaking of dragon gate.

What are the must watch matches from king of gate so far

Only 3 days have aired so far, and the 05/14 show only had 2 KOG matches, neither really worth a watch. I'd go with CIMA vs Yamamura, Eita vs YAMATO and Shingo vs Mochi from the 05/09 show, then Big R vs YAMATO, Doi vs Yamamura & Shingo vs BxB from today's show.

Sephzilla

And what is that? Booking stagnation? Because that can change in an instant if the right decisions are made.

All things considered they are nowhere near vulnerable right now.

They'll never outwardly admit it but I think WWE actually does feel vulnerable right now, at least at a minor level. That's why they go and scoop up any big talent that pops up in any other promotion these days, because they don't want any other promotion growing while WWE's ratings plummet especially with WWE's television deal expiring in 2 years.

between the CWC and British tournament, they can definitely book a satisfying tourney at the very least.

Of course because tournaments have an end to them. WWE needs to adapt their business to a less is more approach. It's why tv is so popular. Tb shows don't oversay their welcome plus you can watch it whenever you want.

No one is going to binge WWE and it never ends. It's counter to how people watch TV/sports
Only 3 days have aired so far, and the 05/14 show only had 2 KOG matches, neither really worth a watch. I'd go with CIMA vs Yamamura, Eita vs YAMATO and Shingo vs Mochi from the 05/09 show, then Big R vs YAMATO, Doi vs Yamamura & Shingo vs BxB from today's show.

Thanks !!!

Kaladin

It's odd that we get Vince Russo rumors at the same time as a first in a long time "On A Pole" match, and an incredibly bad Russo-esque segment burying talent with the same angle.

Oh, and I think Russo was mentioned for the first time in ages in WWE content on that Table For 3 thing....Cornette and Bischoff couldn't help but bring up their mutual hate for the man.

WWE's problem is not the amount of talent on the roster, it's how they're used.

CWC and the UK tournament worked well for booking because they were short runs. They had clear beginning and ends with not arcs they needed to worry about. The creative team runs into problems when they're needing to write across multiple months & PPVs

They'll never outwardly admit it but I think WWE actually does feel vulnerable right now, at least at a minor level. That's why they go and scoop up any big talent that pops up in any other promotion these days, because they don't want any other promotion growing while WWE's ratings plummet especially with WWE's television deal expiring in 2 years.

In this hypothetical though, what are they vulnerable about right now specifically? Someone stealing their TV deal? Barring dramatic change, that's not happening. Losing the deal outright? Could happen, but as Meltzer said it's not something they would be super worried about now because there are way, way too many variables that they don't control.

Taking all the talent is way more a move towards closing up future paths than it is about them feeling heat right now.

In this hypothetical though, what are they vulnerable about right now specifically? Someone stealing their TV deal? Barring dramatic change, that's not happening. Losing the deal outright? Could happen, but as Meltzer said it's not something they would be super worried about now because there are way, way too many variables that they don't control.

Taking all the talent is way more a move towards closing up future paths than it is about them feeling heat right now.

Buying up a ton of talent is something Vince has done before and it was when he wanted to crush other promotions and grow. Their "fear" is their dedicated fans finding out about Evolve, Progress, ROH, DDT, Stardom, etc, etc, etc and moving on from WWE.

Foggy

Signing guys to $20k-$60k/year contracts is a drop in the bucket compared to some of their other expenses.

Signing a billion indie and foreign wrestlers to NXT has to stop at some point. If not financially, then logistically. At this rate they're going to have a bunch of Lanny Poffo contracts.

They fought for the UK championship on progress?

No, my point is Dunne and Zabre have fought before. He doesn't have to come back to WWE to see that match. If you're a fan who wants to see that match it's pretty easy to find out where it may have happened before thanks to things like cagematch and profightdb.

Has the impression ever been given that Dave watches Progress?

Nope, just noting Dave seems to only really pay attention to WWE and NJPW

Kaladin

Nope. I think he's seen a couple of matches? He was regularly ish watching WCPW at some point, he's always had a UK blindspot.

That's what I thought, which is a real shame. The UK feels like it's gaining momentum with US fans like Japan was about ten or so years ago when they started working a lot more with the US.

Top Bottom