• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Honestly no one other than Okada should do the rainmaker. Havok, Seven and the rest that use that move make it look bland and weak. Seven is kinda ok at times, but still far from Okada level.

The thing about the Rainmaker is that it's 95% on the guy taking the move, not the guy doing it. If it isn't sold properly it looks like shit, regardless of how it's performed.

Pretty sure Roman could do a better Reignsmaker than CAWdy Rhodes

I made him tap out in the hotel lobby after EVO. He don't want none.

I have $5 to my name until my job starts in 2 weeks, I ain't going anywhere. :(
I feel your pain beef. My summers are conservative due to working in the school system but I got asked to work summer school so I'm glad to be working .

px9r_f-maxage-0.gif

Syder

10 years ago today...

...absolutely nothing happened in the wrestling world. Nope. Technically Sunday would be 10 years when everybody found out but still.

It was my birthday that Monday too, then my friend called me frantically telling me what happened.
10 years since I completely checked out on wrestling. I mean, I was rarely watching by this point but this sealed it.

Season 3 episode 7 of Twin Peaks was great.

Caught up and ready for Sunday!

Awesome! Episode 7 was so good. Coop living that shoot life. Ben Horne listening to a humming sound. I loved it.

My brother just finished off The Secret History of Twin Peaks so I'll finally get to give it a read soon.

On another topic, I wonder if GLOW will be enough of a draw to bring newfriends into WrassleGAF.

Apparently it was great. It was the main event of the tapings. Three great matches on the tapings were said to be
Ember vs. Ruby
Roode vs. Strong
, and
Asuka vs. Cross
. Another was
McIntyre vs. Dain

Also
Bobby Fish
was there too.

He lost to Black as well. Which is very confusing to me.

The thing about the Rainmaker is that it's 95% on the guy taking the move, not the guy doing it. If it isn't sold properly it looks like shit, regardless of how it's performed.

You also need to have certain type of body to make the move look killer. For example, Havok is just too skinny to make the move look like it could end a match. Seven is a bit too slow to make it look like a match finisher.

Also with Okada the move is basically the story of the match. Is all about how Okada works your body so you can take a full rainmaker and how the challenger tries to counter / dodge / or lately embrace the hit.

You need to have more faith in GODkada.

I have faith in Okada, don't get me wrong.

I had to go to a 'naming day' today for my mate's child's 1st birthday. I tried to explain DDT to everyone since I have been watching it so much lately and it didn't go over very well. I think I may have actually lost friends.

He lost to Black as well. Which is very confusing to me.

Not too confusing to me. Black is a guy on the rise that they want to give big notable wins to, and
Fish
is a guy who just came in and they still probably are figuring out what they want to do with. Remember when Young lost to Joe on his first night?

Not too confusing to me. Black is a guy on the rise that they want to give big notable wins to, and
Fish
is a guy who just came in and they still probably are figuring out what they want to do with. Remember when Young lost to Joe on his first night?

yeah but I figured Fish would be a bigger deal and I don't see him as the same tier as Young, figured they would give him a program to build him up, wins, etc, blah blah blah

I think a lot of people are vastly overthinking the Okada/Cody match. I see so many now saying that it has to be a fuck finish or Cody has to win because there's no way ROH would want him to immediately job.

Okada is pinning him clean in the middle. ROH ain't shit in this relationship and if you haven't figured that out by now, then you just haven't been paying attention.

yeah but I figured Fish would be a bigger deal and I don't see him as the same tier as Young, figured they would give him a program to build him up, wins, etc, blah blah blah

They might. They very well still could. A loss to Black is far, far from a killer at this stage.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"We cant do this fucking hugging thing for 20mins"

"What if thats her gimmick?"

SHOOT

Go watch Glow marks, its fantastic.

"We cant do this fucking hugging thing for 20mins"

"What if thats her gimmick?"

SHOOT

Go watch Glow marks, its fantastic.

I laughed at that. Thank the gods the show is only 30ish minutes per episode, I only got three or four episodes in but the remaining six won't take me long at all as long as I don't have a bunch of distractions... I'll almost certainly have a lot of distractions. :(

I think a lot of people are vastly overthinking the Okada/Cody match. I see so many now saying that it has to be a fuck finish or Cody has to win because there's no way ROH would want him to immediately job.

Okada is pinning him clean in the middle. ROH ain't shit in this relationship and if you haven't figured that out by now, then you just haven't been paying attention.

5% of me is worried they're gonna have Cody win with Okada being in the G1 and all.

Top Bottom