• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

giphy.gif

Sign her to NXT...

Zach

Honestly no one other than Okada should do the rainmaker. Havok, Seven and the rest that use that move make it look bland and weak. Seven is kinda ok at times, but still far from Okada level.
Then only Goldberg should've ever done the spear, but we didn't exactly get that now did we, Reneledarker?!

Zach

Please just watch NJPW with us, friend Zach. For fuck sake. Dont you want to just watfh wrestling you actually want to watchand really enjoy?
I have a Contract with WrassleGAF that promises that I will see the chrono-journey through!

2013 is in the books. I only have three shows to go. :O

Ok WrestleGAF, what would you say is the best "year"(year defined as RAW after Mania to the next Mania) in WWE is? I wanna go through a whole year of stuff I have not seen (started watching a year and 1/2 ago roughly). This is gonna be all PPVs and weekly shows.

Anth0ny

Ok WrestleGAF, what would you say is the best "year"(year defined as RAW after Mania to the next Mania) in WWE is? I wanna go through a whole year of stuff I have not seen (started watching a year and 1/2 ago roughly). This is gonna be all PPVs and weekly shows.

1997! The rise of Stone Cold and birth of the attitude era.

But you might as well watch from the beginning of the calendar year all the way to Mania 14 since you get the awesome build to Mania 13 + the GOAT match Austin vs. Bret.

GLOW is excellent

Which makes no fucking sense to me at all still

It's almost like talented writers that aren't fucking carnies + wrestling can = excellence

But GLOW/WOW all that shit is freaking carny central

It takes more than a good writer to take the base concept of that and make something that is legitimately excellent TV, that takes a goddamn act of god :p

somedevil

Man, poor dude is made out of glass.

More like Oney Lorcan had a off day which can cause a problem since his style is stiff. He also bloodied Danny Burch nose during his other singles match on the taping.

It's almost like talented writers that aren't fucking carnies + wrestling can = excellence

Its also easier to write when your not trying to appease one man who can dump a whole script on a whim.

DMczaf

That's not the entire story. WWE has 26 writers who have never worked in This Business who are not carnies but despise wrestling working for people who are carnies that despise wrestling.

GLOW embraces wrestling, good and bad.

HOLY SHIT
DDBVDwbV0AEcmxo

I want to hear scotty talk about waffle house vs shoney's

for promo quality certainly '97. There's a lot of lower card garbage quality matches there though, especially in the tags. Probably has the godwins, headbangers etc in. for match quality 2000 is good, at this point the radicalz, jericho and angle have all come in, and promos are still great.

Anth0ny

Its also easier to write when your not trying to appease one man who can dump a whole script on a whim.

That's not the entire story. WWE has 26 writers who have never worked in This Business who are not carnies but despise wrestling working for people who are carnies that despise wrestling.

GLOW embraces wrestling, good and bad.

dis is true

so much potential for great tv if WWE just embraced make believe melees :(

klonere

Banned

watching 1996 to 1997 is a hell of a ride.

Anth0ny

i'm pretty sure the guy who did 2000 WWF, aka one of the best years ever, did storyboards for his angles and all the carnies in the back were like HAWHAWHAWHAW LOOK AT THIS NERD. LOOK AT HIM TRYING

putting in effort will get you bullied and buried in wwe

Something I miss from Royal Rumbles is the back to back to back to back pre-recorded promos by all the entrants in the Rumble.

That and awesomely cheap, local TV style wrestler promos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr8Pj9Iwg9k

96-97, no doubt, but you should really run it through all of each year because so much evolution happens in that time.

Top Bottom