• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Wrestling_Noah

In January 1999, All Japan founder and promoter Giant Baba died, leaving the company in the hands of his widow Motoko Baba as owner and Misawa as president. However, disheartened with Motoko Baba's proposed direction for the company, Misawa departed the promotion on May 28, 2000 to form a new promotion called Pro-Wrestling NOAH. All but two native stars (Masanobu Fuchi and Toshiaki Kawada) and two gaijin (Stan Hansen and Maunakea Mossman) followed Misawa. The promotion's name alludes to the Biblical story of Noah, in which the people and animals in the ark survive the flood and make a new beginning in the world, a story which was seen as a parallel to the wrestlers' departure from All Japan. NOAH's promotional symbol, an ark with a dove holding an olive branch, refers to this.

Cool.

Despite not being considered the #1 promotion in Japan, NOAH has been able to outdo its rivals in many ways since 2005 and has managed to outdraw arch-rival New Japan Pro Wrestling in several key places (such as the Tokyo Dome).[citation needed] The Wrestling Observer also named NOAH as the best promotion in 2004 and 2005, as well as having the best weekly television show in 2003.
Phew, ok! This is legit folks.

On June 13, 2009, Misawa teamed with Go Shiozaki against Akitoshi Saito and Bison Smith at Hiroshima Green Arena. After taking a belly to back suplex from Saito, Misawa lost consciousness and was taken to a hospital. He was pronounced dead in the hospital at 10:10 p.m. JST due to spinal damage.[1][2][3] On June 27, 2009, Akira Taue was named as Misawa's successor and is the current President of Pro-Wrestling NOAH. Also in 2009, NOAH lost their weekly television show on Nippon TV.
Wait, wait, sorry people. False alarm. False alarm everyone.

Final Push.

Come on guys. get your GIF on.

Need less then 100 posts.

Time for the years best gif, can it be outdone before the year is out?
F2y1X.gif

Taker's got some glitchy tats, it's like a missingno is running up his arms.
Kane seems to have been branded with the H of the COO on his forehead.

Wait, wait, sorry people. False alarm. False alarm everyone.

ibw7M7y5PUNthM.jpg

Even though NOAH lost their weekly TV deal, shows like the one above air on the cable channel Samurai TV. So there. Watch it. Match #6. Awesome.

Did the DDT goes camping with El Generico ever get released?

Not as far as I know - I think DDT lost TV time, so they only air the big Korakuen hall shows. Hopefully it'll appear on DVD soon enough.

Not as far as I know - I think DDT lost TV time, so they only air the big Korakuen hall shows. Hopefully it'll appear on DVD soon enough.

Bummer, the show looks like so much fun, they had white water rafting, roman candles, fire pits, and picnic tables. I can wait!

edit.

ifnmVzyOMnro6.jpg

I'd just like to shake the hand of everyone who made this thread possible. Especially Plywood. He truly rose above the hate to deliver the best OP possible.

But ESPECIALLY Bootaaay. Vince bless his bloodlust and knowledge.

I am so hyped for the power of July, if only to hear the overwhelming disgust and groans when Cena starts taking down the briefSuitcase at MITB and then the sheer disdain and anguish as he cashes in the case.

somedevil

Now to post for some bad news:

The main event saw FCW 15 Champion Brad Maddox defend against Bray Wyatt (Husky Harris) and Leo Kruger. Wyatt went down early in the match injured. The match ended quickly after some confusion and Wyatt was taken to the back. The show ended abruptly. Spyke added that it looked like a shoulder injury or dislocation.

I hope its not dislocated because he has alot going for him right now. Also a gif.

alexwright-o.gif

Kaladin

I'm excited for this house show I'm going to on August 4th. They're advertising the following card for this loop:

Steel Cage Match: John Cena vs. The Big Show
WWE Championship Match: CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan
WWE Special Challenge Match: Chris Jericho vs. Kane

I'm going to be front row for Punk vs Bryan one on one!!!!!

Yeah man, I'm desperate to see the match, especially with Generico there! The DDT campsite shows are always so much fun.

ibeIMlstsnDLx2.jpg

What the...

Is this some kind of joke? Is Pro Wrestling a joke to you, Bootaaay? We have people here that love wrestling. That treat the sport with the proper respect it deserves. They wear wrestling t-shirts in public.

Try to be more considerate.

What the...

Is this some kind of joke? Is Pro Wrestling a joke to you, Bootaaay? We have people here that love wrestling. That treat the sport with the proper respect it deserves. They wear wrestling t-shirts in public.

LMAO, you're good people bean

*shakes hand*

But are you trying to insinuate somehow that DDT is not serious? Preposterous!

DDT4-1.gif

DDT2-4.gif

DDT-1.gif

DDT6.gif

DDT9.gif

My god, is this what goes on in toku nowadays? Now I wish I hadn't fallen off the wagon.

I'm not looking forward to moving into the July OT, but I'll be moving in all the same. And I'll do it because I think that July will be the month that the Wrestling threads break out of their funk. It might not be the Power of July that does it, but I believe.

Now to post for some bad news:

I hope its not dislocated because he has alot going for him right now.

That's too bad, I hope it's not too serious of an injury. It might hold up his appearance on NXT, though. I watched some of his matches in FCW to get ready for his debut on that show too, and I liked what I saw. Hope he recovers soon.

Jamie OD

What the...

8546423Aky_o.jpg

This is now your champion. Deal with it.

If Punk wins again, that will be Daniel Bryan's third WWE belt loss at a PPV in a row. He has to win this time, right guys? :( Otherwise what has been the fucking point?

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2011/12/TLC11_Photo_126.jpg[/MG]
Look at them, Face to Face, the intensity is off the page.[/QUOTE]

And that was when they worked together to get rid of Nash. Just imagine what would happen should they decide to face off against each other. 10-star match right there, brother.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, on a unrelated note, I went to see the Tour de France today and spend the better part of the day standing still in the burning sun. Naturally without sunscreen.

I am now as red as Kane's outfit, as I generally never see the sun being a wrestling nerd and all. I feel ready to embrace the hate and make out with AJ.
to be fair, that last part I've been ready for since NXT S3. But only now do I feel worthy of raunchy make-out sessions.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So, on a unrelated note, I went to see the Tour de France today and spend the better part of the day standing still in the burning sun. Naturally without sunscreen.

I am now as red as Kane's outfit, as I generally never see the sun being a wrestling nerd and all. I feel ready to embrace the hate and make out with AJ.
to be fair, that last part I've been ready for since NXT S3. But only now do I feel worthy of raunchy make-out sessions.
Being red is only part of the battle. Are you "big" and are you "sexy"?

And that was when they worked together to get rid of Nash. Just imagine what would happen should they decide to face off against each other. 10-star match right there, brother.
Sledgehammer isn't going to take to kindly to being left out like this, expect outside interference, hell it's already hanging above the ladder in that one pic. That DQ finish will bring it down 2 stars, still 8 star match ain't too shabby.

Kane's remasking should have been due to sunburn, after shaking Orton's hand he took his family on a vacation of kings that only Uncle Glenn could pull off but he failed to be prepared, the suns rays burnt him leading to his current look. That Kane Klaw move from earlier this year was really just him trying to apply Sunscreen to Cena.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane's remasking should have been due to sunburn, after shaking Orton's hand he took his family on a vacation of kings that only Uncle Glenn could pull off but he failed to be prepared, the suns rays burnt him leading to his current look. That Kane Klaw move from earlier this year was really just him trying to apply Sunscreen to Cena.
Do you have like a journal of ridiculously awesome Kane ideas? lol

I can't believe those people (plants?) actually cheered when he won in 18 seconds. I would have thrown my drink.
Oddly the guy in the full Cena attire seemed pretty disappointed by the events.

Do you have like a journal of ridiculously awesome Kane ideas? lol
I should really save each one and later on put them together as "The Kane Khronicles: A guide to the Kane Cycle".
It'll be the biggest WWE book since Have a Nice Day.

Top Bottom