• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic GAF |OT| The Park is closed, the World is open

We may have a tagline!

NSVgXx9.jpg

Are those embers and a volcano behind Pratt and Gallmimus? Hmmmmm

NYR94

The whole thing is a plot-hole-y/under-explained. You're just kind of supposed to go with it and not ask questions, lol.

Yeah it's introduced really quickly. I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but i think a scene was filmed or at least storyboarded of the high hide falling to the ground and raptors or the rexes trying to get to the people inside.

I wish Pete posthlewaite were still around, even if just for a small cameo. His character in TLW was one of the few standouts. He was also the best part of his intro with ajay at the outdoor cafe that was cut from the theatrical release.dropping fools with one arm tied behind his back.

Boem

We may have a tagline!

Are those embers and a volcano behind Pratt and Gallmimus? Hmmmmm

But 'life finds a way' was never a line in Jurassic Park.

The actual line was 'Life, uh, finds a way'.

I for one am outraged at this blatant disrespect towards the original. Outraged!

What if instead of that, Wu was actually working on a real-life, fire-breathing dragon, for InGen's side project collaboration with Delos Corp, Medieval World?

What if they're going the Godzilla 84/85 route, and kickstarting a volcano to explode and kill the dinos/island?

I've been toying with the idea that perhaps the islands tapped into geothermal power like in the books, and after the park closed the lack of maintenance caused the system to destabilize.

I wonder if they will call the Volcano Mt. Sibo, as mentioned on the Masrani Global site.

Speaking of Jurassic Park loot, went to Universal Orlando last week. The best shirts were kid sizes only, which was pretty annoying (the one I got was kinda cool though, logo shirt where it goes from faded to bright classic colors in the sun). The Dinosaur Fossil Bar candy bars were pretty legit though. Got a logo mug with a glow in the dark skeleton on the back too, lol.

They had an amber jewelry shop too, which was pretty legit.

Speaking of Jurassic Park loot, went to Universal Orlando last week. The best shirts were kid sizes only, which was pretty annoying (the one I got was kinda cool though, logo shirt where it goes from faded to bright classic colors in the sun). The Dinosaur Fossil Bar candy bars were pretty legit though. Got a logo mug with a glow in the dark skeleton on the back too, lol.

They had an amber jewelry shop too, which was pretty legit.
Going to the Hollywood one this summer and I'm hoping it has some dope shit for me to get overcharged on, I have a mug from the Orlando one but it's honestly kinda small for the amount of coffee I drink so it doesn't get much use lol. Will probably get something bigger and maybe a hat or whatever.

Jurassic Park is playing at a nearby theatre tomorrow night for Tuesday Night Classics. Do I want to spend another $7.50 to see it in theatres for the 3rd time this year?

... probably, lol.

Going to the Hollywood one this summer and I'm hoping it has some dope shit for me to get overcharged on, I have a mug from the Orlando one but it's honestly kinda small for the amount of coffee I drink so it doesn't get much use lol. Will probably get something bigger and maybe a hat or whatever.

I don't even drink coffee, I just wanted the mug, lol.

They had a pretty slick rain jacket too, but I laughed off the idea of buying it because I live in Arizona, and then two days later I got drenched head-to-toe in a rain storm and Magic Kingdom. Oops, lol.

Jurassic Park is playing at a nearby theatre tomorrow night for Tuesday Night Classics. Do I want to spend another $7.50 to see it in theatres for the 3rd time this year?

... probably, lol.

I don't even drink coffee, I just wanted the mug, lol.

They had a pretty slick rain jacket too, but I laughed off the idea of buying it because I live in Arizona, and then two days later I got drenched head-to-toe in a rain storm and Magic Kingdom. Oops, lol.
Oh really?

...uh I have a bit of a thing for jackets (despite living in Texas where rain and cold aren't typically a problem) so I might come back to my 90+ degree home with another thing I'll only be able to wear a few times of the year lol.

On the topic of the movie, I was a little weak on the issue of supposed spoilers on IG and looked it up. All I saw was some
are of two rexes assaulting a truck trailer. Was this something from the movie?

Man I was just thinking last night upon watching a TLW rerun that I really hope they do Ian justice.

It's a given he's gonna get chased by dinosaurs and drop goofy one liners but I also hope they give him a chance to monologue and say something meaty that touches on the themes of these movies. Basically, I adore Goldblum but I hope he's still Malcolm here and not just a funny nostalgia dispenser to be killed off.

I mean even Trevorrow didn't like/want the heel thing. It was Howard who insisted on it.
I thought they came up with it together?

But no matter, I still don't get the hate. I felt like she was proving her lifestyle and fashion choices are hers and that she didn't need to shed her identity to all of a sudden be a hero or worthy of praise/love/what have you.

Plus, it's not like it's impossible:
https://youtu.be/iDotha_pEmM

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I mean even Trevorrow didn't like/want the heel thing. It was Howard who insisted on it.

And yet, people online accused him of being a sexist woman-hater or whatever :/ Even the whole Pterandon death thing people seemed to take as some sexist thing because it was "unecessarily cruel". I don't get it... Not things worth complaining over, in a movie with dinosaurs in a park who kill people.

And yet, people online accused him of being a sexist woman-hater or whatever :/ Even the whole Pterandon death thing people seemed to take as some sexist thing because it was "unecessarily cruel". I don't get it... Not things worth complaining over, in a movie with dinosaurs in a park who kill people.
"How dare they hurt such delicate beings as woman? They are weak, defenseless and innocent and represent creation and life itself. Colin hates women!"

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
"How dare they hurt such delicate beings as woman? They are weak, defenseless and innocent and represent creation and life itself. Colin hates women!"

Now that I think about it, I think the babysitter (and probably some extras as park atendees) were the only women who have even been killed in the franchise? It's only really been men, other dinosaurs, and 1 dog that have been killed.

Top Bottom