• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JURASSIC PARK - A Thread 65 Million Years In The Making

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI- starting today Jurassic Park toys are theoretically available exclusively at Toys R US! Now, it seems most likely the stores will get them around the 10th, but according to Hasbro they could be available as soon as today. As for what the line includes? Well, no pictures are available, but here is the lineup:

Dino Battlers $7.99:
Spinosaurs vs Tyrannosaurus Rex
Spinosaurus vs Velociraptor
Triceratops vs Tyrannosaurus Rex
Velociraptor vs Tyrannosaurus Rex

Dino Trackers $10.99:
Pteranodon vs Sky Patrol
Spinosaurus vs Marine Patrol
T-Rex vs Ground Patrol

Dino Growlers- $19.99:
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Velociraptor

Dino Showdown (10in dino with Human)- $29.99:
Allosaurus Assault
Pachyrhinosaurus Clash

The bolded items are the first actual new molds in over 11 years!

FYI- starting today Jurassic Park toys are theoretically available exclusively at Toys R US! Now, it seems most likely the stores will get them around the 10th, but according to Hasbro they could be available as soon as today. As for what the line includes? Well, no pictures are available, but here is the lineup:

The same shitty toys from the previous page or ones we haven't seen? The Allosaurus prototype was very nice, though.

dangeROSS

This thread has reminded me of when I was a youngin' and saw the Jurssic Park Car at a theme park. It rocked my young world.

gPlRN.jpg

The same shitty toys from the previous page or ones we haven't seen? The Allosaurus prototype was very nice, though.

Yeah these two:

My only complaint is they are going to be really colorful and unnatural looking as the final product. Still, they sounded neat, they are articulated, have removable dino-damge and have an action (pulling the Pachyrhino's leg rears his head up). And yeah, the Pachy isn't a perfect sculpt.. but Im pretty happy with these two.

Sigh, I really wanted the Carnotaurus. But at least those two are released at all.

Maybe a wave two if the line is successful.. if not, Im willing to bet they will release with the JP4 toys.

strafer

This thread has reminded me of when I was a youngin' and saw the Jurssic Park Car at a theme park. It rocked my young world.

gPlRN.jpg

I'm not jealous at all.

My goal in life is to own a Jurassic Park Explorer. Either I build one from scratch or win the lottery and buy that one which I think is the one they used in the movie.

I can't really tell if the back window is tinted on that picture or if the sun is doing some weird shit.

EDIT: Yeah it's that one.

kmFEtN3.jpg

Remember that.

Tinted = Fake or a replica

Like this one I found on Google.

Anyway..I'm jealous. :(

No, I'm talking about the ugly ones on that page. The Allo and Pachy are the nice models, which is good. I'm more concerned about the T.rex.

Oh, no, those are "Shakems" (bobble heads) made by Factory Entertainment.. no affiliation to the Hasbro toy line, and yeah, they look awful. But as for the rest of the JP3D toy line- it seems to likely be made up of JP3 repaints, so don't expect the quality of the Pachyrhinosaurus and Allosaurus to extend to the entire line.

I like the Pachyrhinosaurus, but the Allosaurus looks weird as hell. Its no surprise they are a continuation of JP2009 seeing as they were initially meant to be released as wave two to the line. It seems they aren't truly JP3D toys, but rather something closer to 'JP2013' or 'JP2009-w2' that is just being rushed out the door to support the movie.

Anyways, Im pumped to buy these.

Sigh, I really wanted the Carnotaurus. But at least those two are released at all.

I have that!! It is the best dinosaur toy ever made. I fucking love the Carnotaurus and they were my FAVORITE thing in Lost World, which is why I despise the movie version more than possibly any other movie except for Disney's Dinosaur, which is terrible for so many more reasons but mainly because fuck them for ruining the Carnotaurs.

I even bought some bullshit human action figure just to get the baby Carno that he came with.

Bulldog snout, horns, legit front arms, and black + red coloring? Not even a competition, he is the greatest dinosaur ever.

Only problem is I think I lost the Dino Damage patch of skin on mine ;___;

I have that!! It is the best dinosaur toy ever made. I fucking love the Carnotaurus and they were my FAVORITE thing in Lost World, which is why I despise the movie version more than possibly any other movie except for Disney's Dinosaur, which is terrible for so many more reasons but mainly because fuck them for ruining the Carnotaurs.

I even bought some bullshit human action figure just to get the baby Carno that he came with.

Bulldog snout, horns, legit front arms, and black + red coloring? Not even a competition, he is the greatest dinosaur ever.

Only problem is I think I lost the Dino Damage patch of skin on mine ;___;

Who doesn't love the good ol' Demon Carnotaurus? Such a great figure..

But to clarify, I think Amalthea was talking about this recent, unreleased Carnotaurus prototype:

I really hope it gets released in a wave two of the new line..

I heard there was a Baryonyx JP toy that was released around the same time as the Carno toy, but I've never see it. Does it really exist?

commedieu

Banned

gPlRN.jpg

awesome picture.

Jurassic Park was possibly one of my highest points in life,

I remember calling Amblin every day to find out when the VHS was coming out.. lol

Allforce

Awesome thread, had no idea this was around.

What other toys do you guys recommend? I'm seriously about to buy a 20 dollar Papo T-Rex because it's better than any licensed toy I've ever seen. I also kind of just want a raptor claw like Alan Grant carries to set somewhere in my home theater room.

Some other JP stuff I've acquired lately, I got this book for my daughter for xmas, she's 12 and loves Jurassic Park, it's really nice, leather bound with both stories included, silk bookmark and embossed edges.

And I just got this poster framed last week.

demolitio

This page had to remind me that my mom gave away all my Jurassic Park toys as a kid and I had an absolute shitload of them. I was going to keep them for my kids someday or give them to my nephews.

All I know is Jurassic Park IV can't possibly be worse than the previous sequels so I'll have at least a little faith in redemption. The first movie is all you need though.

snoopen

Went to kualoa ranch today where various parts were shot. So scenic and nice. Got a pic next to the jurassic park sign.

So, I should be studying for exams.

Instead of doing that, I started listening to the Jurassic Park OST, ordered the first book (I never read it before, there are 2 official books right, Jurassic Park and The Lost World? Guess I'll order the second one as well).

And I only own the first two films on VHS (love the 3d T-Rex card <3). Time to buy them again and rewatch all 3 of them.

Oh, and I changed my avatar.

Can't wait for Jurassic Park 3d. My cousin hasn't seen any of the movies.... I think I'll shed a tear during the movie, been such a long time since I;ve last seen it. Although it's one of my favorite movies, watched it dozens of times as a kid.

Alllright, back to studying.

So, a member of JPlegacy ran into the new toys.. in Malaysia. Weird since the toys were allegedly US and CA only.

I love that Allosaurus art.

is it confirmed?

No, but all signs point to feathers for at least some of the animals.

Awesome thread, had no idea this was around.

What other toys do you guys recommend? I'm seriously about to buy a 20 dollar Papo T-Rex because it's better than any licensed toy I've ever seen. I also kind of just want a raptor claw like Alan Grant carries to set somewhere in my home theater room.

Some other JP stuff I've acquired lately, I got this book for my daughter for xmas, she's 12 and loves Jurassic Park, it's really nice, leather bound with both stories included, silk bookmark and embossed edges.

And I just got this poster framed last week.

Papo toys are awesome and easily affordable. The Tyrannosaurs, Spinosaurus, Raptor, Pachycephalosaurus, Triceratops and Brachiosaurus are all JP inspired and worth picking up. Hell, the whole line is awesome, JP or not.

You know, I don't mind the Allosaurus coloring all that much really.

I'm against the Papo toys, or at least the T.rex. I'm sorry, I hate that old style tail dragging look put on the JP Rex.

You know, I don't mind the Allosaurus coloring all that much really.

I'm against the Papo toys, or at least the T.rex. I'm sorry, I hate that old style tail dragging look put on the JP Rex.

The Allosaurus has really grown on me. Damn, Hasbro kinda has me impressed right now.

As for Papo, they did update a bit and make a 'running rex':

Shame they changed the head shape and went more King Kong with it.

And the Spino looks good (if you consider the JP3 look 'good')

EjBGDkH.jpg

Amalthea

Banned
Some more in-hand pics, they have shown up in Southern CA.

Sooo good. I fucking love the artwork on the packaging.

Yup, hate the King Kong head. The arms are also too long. I know I sound picky, but I'm really not. I'm very happy with the Allosaurus even if the color scheme is too bright.

Agreed on both points. Still, Im a sucker for Papo due to their attention to detail and life-like paint apps.

fuck feathers. That alone will bring down the quality and so will the colours. It needs to go back to story focused like jp. I will accept even jp2. Fuck jp3.

How will feathers/colors bring down the quality of the movie? :lol

I agree on it should be about story and that JP3 is awful though.

How will scientific accuracy bring down the quality?

it is not about scientific accuracy at all other wise first film was flawed as how the fuck did they got here.

keep what was there. It will be not jp film then due to sudden appearance change by dino. it is not pokemon.

it is not about scientific accuracy at all other wise first film was flawed as how the fuck did they got here.

keep what was there. It will be not jp film then due to sudden appearance change by dino. it is not pokemon.

So you want a dinosaur film that doesn't have dinosaurs? JP's been changing the look of their dinosaur every film.

lol what?

I mean, I don't want them to make the dinosaurs completely different, but there will be new dinosaurs that are feathered and Im fine with that. And the Raptors will likely be feathered, which will be fine. I trust the artists at Legacy Effects.

I do bet the Raptors will look like this:

No matter what direction they take, I hope they fix the arms make them more wing line with the hands.

Satchel

Banned
Very late to this thread. Had no idea JP was being re-released in 3D.

I'm so there. Saw it 4 times at the cinema when I was 13. Magic stuff.

Judging by the thread, I'm basically the only GAFfer who enjoyed 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom