• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World 2 | Production Thread | Jurassic Park 5 is now filming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zan8P1C.jpg
JURASSIC WORLD 2 (placeholder title) - Universal Pictures & Amblin Entertainment - June 22nd, 2018

WHO:
  • Directed by J.A. Bayona (The Orphanage, The Impossible, A Monster Calls)
  • Written by Colin Trevorrow & Derek Connolly (Safety Not Guaranteed, Jurassic World, Star Wars Episode IX)
  • Starring Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, BD Wong, Daniella Pineda, Justice Smith, James Cromwell, Ted Levine, Rafe Spall and Toby Jones.

Update: Geraldine Chaplin joins the cast.
  • Music by Michael Giacchino
  • Cinematography by Oscar Faura (The Orphanage, The Impossible, A Monster Calls)
  • Animatronics by Neal Scanlan/Star Wars creature shop
WHAT:

The plot is currently unknown, however here are some key blurbs:

• It will be more connected to Jurassic Park than Jurassic World
  • It will have more animatronics and practical effects
  • The story is NOT "Jurassic War"
  • It will feature new 'real' dinosaurs
  • The story will have an animal rights angle, and tackle mankind's responsibility for creating life

WHERE

Filming takes place in the following locales, but the film is not fictionally set at these places

• London (Pinewood Studios, Slough, Pyestock & Hawley Common (Minley), Harrow (rumored)
  • Hawaii
  • Brecon Beacons, Wales

WHEN
  • Filming takes place today (the 23rd) - the end of June, 2017
  • The movie releases June 2018

PICTURES

C6bARn8XEAIwWqg.jpg:orig

zj6OwjE.gif

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well, guess I'll be watching this one, too! Feels like just yesterday I was going through all the new tidbits and watching the new trailer for World...

ZeoVGM

Banned
Jesus Christ, Chris Pratt is a machine.

JW2 and Infinity War simultaneously?

Infinity War is probably shooting with different actors at different times all over the place. And he's also likely not going to be in it as much as Downey or Evans.

Infinity War is probably shooting with different actors at different times all over the place. And he's also likely not going to be in it as much as Downey or Evans.

With like 60+ characters I don't imagine anyone who's not Thanos getting too much screen time, even Downey.

jazz band

Somehow I love him even more.

Interesting news though. If he is in, I'm not surprised they're keeping it under wraps for a big reveal. I do wonder how they would justify a return though. Grant in JPIII was pushing it.

I still wish they would bring back Tim.

Bernbaum

Despite a lot of returning names I'm expecting a dramatically different tone from JW given the directorial and cinematographic talent.

No photos, but a Helicopter (likely a Bell Huey) and a red 4x4 military vehicle were seen being ushered in on site. Allegedly, the vehicle looked similar to The Marauder:

2wfsnJH.jpg

It would be cool if that had some JP/JW graphics on it - in red it would feel like a return of the original JP styling.

Secret best channel?

Sick Triceratops never fails to entertain.

So who will be the big bad dino of this movie? A super-hybrid mecha trex?

I always wanted to see them do Baryonyx. It was mentioned in JP3 and it was a species included in Jurassic World.

jurassic-world-baryonyx-share.jpg

Bigger than a raptor but much smaller than a T-Rex. I think it'd be unique.

Will there even be one? I don't think we're going to a have an "up the ante" dino this time, given the plot.

I think there'll be a "feature" dinosaur, like T-Rex, Spino and Indominus. It may not be bigger or "have more teeth" but there could be something else to it, like how the Indominus could camo (which I wish were used more in the first one). But yeah they always gotta hype up some attention grabbing new thing that we haven't seen before. Which I'm okay with, it's a trope.

Regardless of the direction, there'll be the highlight dinosaur; whether it's some hybrid or pre-existing one we haven't seen yet, who knows.

^^Baryonyx would be super sweet to see for sure, I actually like the design in that render

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I always wanted to see them do Baryonyx. It was mentioned in JP3 and it was a species included in Jurassic World.

jurassic-world-baryonyx-share.jpg

Bigger than a raptor but much smaller than a T-Rex. I think it'd be unique.

It's technically been a canon dino since JP. If you've seen the official map design of the park, it's in there. I still own the baby Bary figure, too.

ZeoVGM

Banned
With like 60+ characters I don't imagine anyone who's not Thanos getting too much screen time, even Downey.

Nah, the core Avengers cast will get the standard amount of screen time.

When that "60+ characters" idea was thrown out, it doesn't mean you're going to see a lot of them. Many of those characters are going to end up being cameos or in smaller parts.

Whatever they do I just hope the raptors continue being badass and one of the highlights. Just gotta have those raptors. I don't care the situation. Praying Blue comes back at least.

Boem

I haven't really been following this, but has there been any word/rumor on other returning actors besides BD Wong? I mean, I can't imagine they can resist putting Jeff Goldblum in there at some point. I'm sure the guy is willing to show up, he still likes to talk about JP and he wasn't above doing the Independence Day sequel.

I haven't really been following this, but has there been any word/rumor on other returning actors besides BD Wong? I mean, I can't imagine they can resist putting Jeff Goldblum in there at some point. I'm sure the guy is willing to show up, he still likes to talk about JP and he wasn't above doing the Independence Day sequel.

Nothing and I hope it stays that way :)

But I'm alone with that thought, just like my thoughts about a lot of things in this series. It is what it is!

Boem

Nothing and I hope it stays that way :)

But I'm alone with that thought, just like my thoughts about a lot of things in this series. It is what it is!

Yeah I'm not saying I want it to happen, I was just curious - especially after Jurassic World I'm excited about the idea of them going for something completely new with this series. I don't think they need any of the old actors for that to work - it might just work against them.

On the other hand, it's Jeff Goldblum. I can never say no to that man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom