• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World 2 | Production Thread | Jurassic Park 5 is now filming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
It was dumb, but at least it was just a dream and didn't actually happen. :p It was also like a second long whereas the San Diego sequence was the entire climax of the movie. I'd say one thing is definitely more damning than the other.

It was very abrupt. We'll agree with that. I don't think JP3 is a great movie, never proclaimed that. Just that I think it's absolutely a better watch than TLW. And less offensive to my tastes.

Unfortunately talking raptors were indeed a plot point.

"They could talk to each other?"
"To a degree we never imagined"

Talk, communicate, same thing. I don't think it meant talk as in like the raptors sitting around having conversations, but advanced communication perhaps more so than any other species apart from humans.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
That's not what you literally just suggested!!

I'm just trying to figure out what's wrong about raptors communicating :(

It seemed like you were suggesting that it's dumb how the raptors could talk as this stemmed from our back and forth about the raptor LITERALLY speaking English in the dream, but I was talking about communication, not speaking English or having conversations or whatever.

Guys, I liked TLW as much as the rest of you at release.

But you have to realize the film features a zoologist up her own ass barking orders about not interacting with nature while doing exactly that, putting them all in danger multiple times throughout the flick.
Don't defend it saying it's a decent film. You just remember it well or like certain scenes and/or the music.

But you have to realize the film features a zoologist up her own ass barking orders about not interacting with nature while doing exactly that, putting them all in danger multiple times throughout the flick.

It actually makes zero sense. I'm not super educated about predators, but:

-she brings a baby T-Rex BACK TO THEIR CAMP/TRAILER during a storm at night, parked right next to the edge of a massive cliff, it's injured and bleeding
-she hangs bloody things above them in their tent while they're sleeping and being tracked by TWO TYRANNOSAURS
-these things with a child present

Like holeeeeeeeeeeeeee shit I'm not sure who's dumber, Sarah or Ludlow.

And the military merrily showing up and the raptors running away - did they run out of money or ideas, at that point?

Yep, they literally did run out of money.

It originally ended with the Velociraptors getting into a conflict with Pteranodons, and then the Pteranodons attacking the helicopters as they fled. JP3 was an utter mess, the original script was thrown out weeks before filming, and the characters they went with were insufferable.

Not to mention, the directing and cinematography were just not on point for some sequences, stopping them having the impact they should. That said, the scenes with the raptors and pteranodons were really enjoyable.

It originally ended with the Velociraptors getting into a conflict with Pteranodons, and then the Pteranodons attacking the helicopters as they fled.

Yeah, just... that always sounded really random to me lol. I'm not sure that'd have been any better. Like I wish it had a longer climax/ending but the Spinosaurus encounter in the river is technically the final action scene with the raptors retrieving the eggs as a sort of final coda. But the military does abruptly show up and it all wraps up too fast. I'm just not sure adding pteranodons attacking the chopper as they fly away would've made it that much better.

Though I guess that'd depend on the execution.

Yeah, just... that always sounded really random to me lol. I'm not sure that'd have been any better. Like I wish it had a longer climax/ending but the Spinosaurus encounter in the river is technically the final action scene with the raptors retrieving the eggs as a sort of final coda. But the military does abruptly show up and it all wraps up too fast. I'm just not sure adding pteranodons attacking the chopper as they fly away would've made it that much better.

Though I guess that'd depend on the execution.

The T. rex/Spino conflict should have ended in a stalemate, and then concluded during the attack at the river. Imagine those two fighting as the river was on fire... it would have been great.

As for the original ending, yeah it sounds pretty thrown together
like everything in the movie
but it may have made the movie more enjoyable. It's hard to say. All I know is the ending is super unsatisfactory.

As for the original ending, yeah it sounds pretty thrown together
like everything in the movie
but it may have made the movie more enjoyable. It's hard to say. All I know is the ending is super unsatisfactory.

Ends too fast yeah. I did like the river and raptor scenes though, so I guess I could say I at least liked the climax. I do wish the ending itself had more to it.

It actually makes zero sense. I'm not super educated about predators, but:

-she brings a baby T-Rex BACK TO THEIR CAMP/TRAILER during a storm at night, parked right next to the edge of a massive cliff, it's injured and bleeding
-she hangs bloody things above them in their tent while they're sleeping and being tracked by TWO TYRANNOSAURS
-these things with a child present

Like holeeeeeeeeeeeeee shit I'm not sure who's dumber, Sarah or Ludlow.
Don't forget about touching the baby stego.

Isn't it in the film where Hammond goes on to say she knows all about being up and downwind of a predator only to show her completely throw all that out the window by hanging up bloody clothing? I remember the lines but not sure if they're in the film, novel or both.

Custom Mercedes Unimog U5000 spotted on the JW2 set in front of the vehicle storage area:

C5xmXjXWcAAFHgx.jpg:orig

What logo is that? Enhance, ENHANCE!

Mett

Not sure how the movie is going to be that it will most likely be moving from the theme park setting, unless the plot is to go back to the park.

Also this thread reminds me that BD Wong followed me on twitter, then unfollowed me. :(

If we're going to get a #dinolivesmatter storyline, it'd be neat to see Billy and maybe even Erik (if not Grant) as the go to nu-dino experts not affiliated with ingen/the park/other geneticists who speak for the dinos.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
C6bARn8XEAIwWqg.jpg

From Colin Trevorrow's twitter.

Edit: And I'm very late to the party it seems, haha

I love how that is very clearly not a natural Ceratopsid skull.

It would be really fucking interesting if the bad dino was a herbivore hybrid.

Diabloceratops.

Diabloceratops is a real dino though, and a cool one at that.

It's weird, everything else in that room is a real dino - are we sure that's not some obscure barely described Ceratopsid species that they tapped into? I know a lot of people think they just invented their own Triceratops, but I don't think it's the case.

Btw, here's the pic in its full resolution glory.

C6bARn8XEAIwWqg.jpg:orig

I'm calling the plot right now.

The movie will open on a huge MacWorld type event, but for dinosaurs. One of the main plot point dinos will be introduced. Owen and Claire will be in attendance.

The big protests will be because it has just been revealed that Dinosaur Apple has been hiring poachers to go into Isla Nublar and bag dinos. James Cromwell-Jobs will hire Owen and Claire to prove that Dinosaur Microsoft is the actual culprit. It will be revealed that Isla Nublar is actually where these dinosaurs are being bred, not where they are being poached, and that the actual dinosaurs being poached are company hybrids instead of real dinos. Devilceratops gets set loose because it is an unstable pirated dinosaur-copy.

It's weird, everything else in that room is a real dino - are we sure that's not some obscure barely described Ceratopsid species that they tapped into? I know a lot of people think they just invented their own Triceratops, but I don't think it's the case.

I don't know of any Ceratopsid that has horns that specfically sharp or rounded, eyes that big, nostrils that big, or a mouth that clearly is ribbed.

Not even a Nedoceratops' horns are that big or curved.

It looks to be a mix between a Styracosaurus, a Nedoceratops (although, I highly doubt they would go that obscure in the movie), and some Theropod judging by the mouth which is clearly designed to open up for bigger food intake.

That is an awesome photo. Is the girl one of the kids in the movie?

I doubt that is more than just someone for the photo.

I'm calling the plot right now.

The movie will open on a huge MacWorld type event, but for dinosaurs. One of the main plot point dinos will be introduced. Owen and Claire will be in attendance.

The big protests will be because it has just been revealed that Dinosaur Apple has been hiring poachers to go into Isla Nublar and bag dinos. James Cromwell-Jobs will hire Owen and Claire to prove that Dinosaur Microsoft is the actual culprit. It will be revealed that Isla Nublar is actually where these dinosaurs are being bred, not where they are being poached, and that the actual dinosaurs being poached are company hybrids instead of real dinos. Devilceratops gets set loose because it is an unstable pirated dinosaur-copy.

I don't know of any Ceratopsid that has horns that specfically sharp or rounded, eyes that big, nostrils that big, or a mouth that clearly is ribbed.

Not even a Nedoceratops' horns are that big or curved.

It looks to be a mix between a Styracosaurus, a Nedoceratops (although, I highly doubt they would go that obscure in the movie), and some Theropod judging by the mouth which is clearly designed to open up for bigger food intake.

I doubt that is more than just someone for the photo.

I still think the mystery Ceratopsian is a Agujaceratops, they probably wanted something big and dramatic and based it upon Julius Csotonyi's art (see #25).

CkvSeOc.jpg

Rafe Spall did an interview, he didn't have too much to say other than he's working with Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard... but I did like this bit:

“It’s being directed by JA Bayona, who is a genuine auteur, so to have someone like that putting his own mark on it is extremely exciting, it’s a bit like when (Alfonso) Cuaron did a Harry Potter, a brilliant film-maker with their own visions coming on to a franchise."

Those are some big words that I can rally behind, just hoping the results are as good.

On another note, it appears Rafe Spall is playing a character named 'Mills', Toby Jones is playing 'Wheaton', and Justice Smith is playing 'Clint'. Some other names unattributed to actors are 'Eversoll', 'Maise', 'Franklin', and 'Zia Song'. That final names leads me to believe there is an actress yet to be announced, as I'm not really sure would would be playing her.

Finally, it appears newcomer Brooke Norbury is playing 'Lucy', the girl from the first set picture.

C6f8yQKXEAA7HRj.jpg

bengraven

Is hat Bravoceratops? (Bottom right corner on Demon's chart).

God I wish we had two big dinosaur franchises. Dozens of ones with space ships and aliens but just one dinosaur one.

bengraven

They need to start producing Dino Riders universe movies.

I have legit written treatments for one.

When I realized I had no one to share it with I decided to change some aspects and write a novel called "Extant" based on it - but then saw the pilot for Terra Nova and realized it was almost exactly the same plot.

I also wrote a treatment for a movie called Jurassic World before that movie was announced. I thought about writing my idea as a novel after I saw JW but the new Apes movies kind of follow similar ideas. (Men bring back dinos, men accidentally create virus, instant Xenozoic world).

I have legit written treatments for one.

When I realized I had no one to share it with I decided to change some aspects and write a novel called "Extant" based on it - but then saw the pilot for Terra Nova and realized it was almost exactly the same plot.

I also wrote a treatment for a movie called Jurassic World before that movie was announced. I thought about writing my idea as a novel after I saw JW but the new Apes movies kind of follow similar ideas. (Men bring back dinos, men accidentally create virus, instant Xenozoic world).

That's really cool! You should share, unless you still want to shop it around. :)
Terra Nova was really a brave concept, but very flawed in execution. I guess it was still admirable considering their limited budget.

bengraven

That's really cool! You should share, unless you still want to shop it around. :)
Terra Nova was really a brave concept, but very flawed in execution. I guess it was still admirable considering their limited budget.

Terra Nova was almost exactly like I had planned except that there were several research settlements in the past and that the portal was in orbit around the earth and required jets to travel from the surface to the portal. It was about researching a cure for a disease that was wiping out the world after we found the virus in the frozen arctic. Eventually the portal is destroyed by terrorists who want to stay in the past and rebuild and to prevent anyone from infecting the current settlers. So it's the pro settlers and the pro- "return to the future" types and dinosaurs. I still may write it since people have forgotten Terra Nova.

JW was basically that dinosaurs were in every zoo now and even private ranches. We accidentally introduce a new virus while researching dinos and most people on the planet are dead after a generation and the dinos have escaped and taken over as the dominant species. In face I had an idea for a JW2 called Invasive Species.

I may write that as "Walking Dead with dinosaurs" someday.

Do we have any informations regards where the feathers were on Ceratopsian?

It's been confirmed that some species like Triceratops had feather like quills along their spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom