• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread for Jurassic World story, character, dino, etc. spoilers and leaks. Most info has come via toy leaks thus far.

Please clearly mark any story spoilers you find. I know this is a spoiler thread, but since it's mostly focused on dino designs (right now), dropping a story spoiler might be jarring.

7 new Dinosaurs added to http://www.jurassicworld.com/dinosaurs/
The Pteranodon looks awful.

S9HGEvG.png

9NLWyt2.png

tuFaeaL.png

X2ZbtNy.png

ZZbiCVT.png

gy9EsQA.png

A0THjhE.png

It seems all but certain none (other than the flying reptiles) will appear in the movie, however I have my fingers crossed for Edmontosaurus and Microceratus.

Indominus Rex and T-Rex (appears to be the original T-Rex from JP--note the raptor battle scars):

LEGO Indominus and T-Rex

Four raptors, each with a different pattern. Early LEGO set/toyleaks indicate they have different names: Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo:

Leaked toys (more at the link)

Related threads:
JURASSIC WORLD Official Trailer
JURASSIC WORLD |Production Thread| Filming has wrapped!

If you have anything to add, post it along with the source and I'll add to OP.

I really wish I was a kid again. I would be going insane for new Jurassic Park toys!

Edit- maybe I should convince my gf to have a kid so I can buy these toys "for him/her"

strafer

eh, might as well look at it all.

Already spoiled myself looking at the new dino in the trailer thread.

im such an idiot.

Anyone know if the Spinosaurus will be in the movie? I know, toys and all, but is it actually in the park?

Indominus looks badass.

Vidiot

New dino looks cool. Looks like it'll be smaller then T-rex. Pretty hyped for this movie. The original is one of my favorites.

Indominus looks a lot like the Giganotosaurus from Jurassic Park Builder on iOS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTOR3JvlkKI&t=5m58s

So Indominus is based on a carcharodontosaurid confirmed?

That's what I'm thinking. Giganotosaurus:

New dino looks cool. Looks like it'll be smaller then T-rex. Pretty hyped for this movie. The original is one of my favorites.

It does LOOK smaller, but I think that's just because of the family (it looks more like a Carcharodontosauridae, versus a Tyrannosauridae). I believe it's actually supposed to be a bit bigger than the Rex. For comparison, again, Giganotosaurus (second from right)

Indominus is exactly as disappointing at the idea suggests. They got themselves into a no win situations with this animal. The promise was so ambitious. It combines several animals and it sounds outlandish. Now if the design is too outlandish, you end up with a crazy monster that doesn't even look like a dinosaur. If they under design it, it just looks boring based on what the promise was.

This animal looks like nothing more than an anatomically incorrect Allosaurus. If they reposition the lacrimal horns and fix the arms, you'd get a "decent" representative of an Allosaurus.

Also, they shrink wrapped the skull. The anterior fenestra is way way waaaaay over done.

It does LOOK smaller, but I think that's just because of the family (it looks more like a Carcharodontosauridae, versus a Tyrannosauridae). I believe it's actually supposed to be a bit bigger than the Rex. For comparison, again, Giganotosaurus (second from right)

Giganotosaurus may or may not be longer than T.rex. Current numbers puts it at .1 meter shorter than T.rex. Height, Giganotosaurus is shorter by a bit. It has a longer femur than T.rex, but shorter tibia. The combined numbers for both put Giganotosaurus shorter in height. In weight, it's not even close. Conservative estimates has T.rex at a ton heavier. Upper numbers probably a ton and half to two tons.

I think the lighter color and spines/horns on its head/neck make it look unique enough but without it not looking like a dinosaur. It's a pretty good happy medium IMO.

You can tell it has the features of a Trex and raptor. It's big like a Trex but the arms are longer, and it looks like it shares a similar posture as a raptor.

So many awesome toys

Better preorder the Indominus Amiibo ASAP.

Side note, so, I guess where they changed the name, the name of the hybrid isn't going to mentioned in the actual film I guess unless the name appears somewhere like on a computer screen or something (that they could easily CG in after the final decision).

A_Gorilla

Banned
Indominus Rex is probably the closest we'll ever get to seeing Giganotosaurus on a JP film so I love it. Hate that most of the toy's have "dynamic" poses though, wished they'd go back to the neutral poses of the Kenner toys...

I really hope Giacchino creates a memorable "villain" theme for Indominus. One thing's for sure, that's one soundtrack that I am beyond hyped about.

Rootbeer

Banned
I saw those Jurassic World fruit snacks at Target today. I snapped this photo this morning *before* i saw all these new pics posted. Thought I was gonna scoop everyone! Oh well, still cool.

Pek28Od.jpg

Calcium

Banned
I wonder if Indominus will stay grey the whole movie or if it will adapt the color scheme in the background of the fruit snack packaging. Seems odd that they'd go with the blue/red if it wasn't heavily featured.

I wonder if Indominus will stay grey the whole movie or if it will adapt the color scheme in the background of the fruit snack packaging. Seems odd that they'd go with the blue/red if it wasn't heavily featured.

You know that Japanese Muldoon is going to be killed by a camouflaged Indiabolus.

Sesha

I like that it's without pigmentation. Helps sell the idea that it's an experiment. Apologies to any albinos out there.

I don't like the shape of the snout and the jaws, though. I get that the bigger carchadontosaurids pretty much have that headshape, but I wish the snout looked a bit "sharper".

That's what I'm thinking. Giganotosaurus:

Another reproduction for comparison:

prod_giganotosaurus.jpg

I'd say it's pretty likely. They'll probably still say in the movie that they used Rex and Raptor DNA, just for the sake of convenience and so the dumb dumbs and by extension the rest of the audience will think Rex (dangerous) + Raptor (dangerous) = Indominus (super dangerous).

Giganotosaurus may or may not be longer than T.rex. Current numbers puts it at .1 meter shorter than T.rex. Height, Giganotosaurus is shorter by a bit. It has a longer femur than T.rex, but shorter tibia. The combined numbers for both put Giganotosaurus shorter in height. In weight, it's not even close. Conservative estimates has T.rex at a ton heavier. Upper numbers probably a ton and half to two tons.

Looks like I'm out of a job.

Lol the Indominus Rex looks like absolute dog shit.

"Lets put spikes on him"

Great design philosophy guys,

If you're going to go for the ridiculousness of a Hybrid Dinosaur, go all in, don't play it safe and just make a white T Rex with scutes, sharper teeth and longer arms, so lazy.

I feel pretty bad for Colin and the rest of the creative team that the I-Rex leaked this early.

I will say, I like its design a lot more than I expected.

Lol the Indominus Rex looks like absolute dog shit.

"Lets put spikes on him"

Great design philosophy guys,

If you're going to go for the ridiculousness of a Hybrid Dinosaur, go all in, don't play it safe and just make a white T Rex with scutes, sharper teeth and longer arms, so lazy.

Yeah, why make it realistic when you can go crazy?

Well, apparently, they did considering the number of people automatically turning their noses up from the mere idea of a hybrid animal. Even going that far took some balls, and on top of that, it has gray skin, red eyes, it has devilish spines and horns all over its body, and it's basically a velociraptor but the size of a T-Rex. Beyond the actual design though, its the abilities that is really going to drive the point home-- an animal the size of a T-Rex that can run and stalk as fiercely as a raptor? A dinosaur that has camouflage abilities?

I think the design itself is certainly more natural looking than expected, but its still unique enough looking and I think its behavior and abilities is what's going to separate it from other dinosaurs. So yeah, I think they did go crazy. I didn't want some kind of Resident Evil creature.

Because a crazy design would be really disappointing for most fans of the JP franchise. I vastly prefer this over some weird mutant dino mix. I don't want Jurassic Park to look like a monster movie.

Yeah, I know the Raptors are inaccurate, etc. But that isn't the same thing.

Well, apparently, they did considering the number of people automatically turning their noses up from the mere idea of a hybrid animal. Even going that far took some balls, and on top of that, it has gray skin, red eyes, it has devilish spines and horns all over its body, and it's basically a velociraptor but the size of a T-Rex. Beyond the actual design though, its the abilities that is really going to drive the point home-- an animal the size of a T-Rex that can run and stalk as fiercely as a raptor? A dinosaur that has camouflage abilities?

I think the design itself is certainly more natural looking than expected, but its still unique enough looking and I think its behavior and abilities is what's going to separate it from other dinosaurs. So yeah, I think they did go crazy. I didn't want some kind of Resident Evil creature.

This. So many fans in tears in the trailer OT at the thought of a hybrid dino. People literally saying "I was going to see this until the hybrid info came out".

This. So many fans in tears in the trailer OT at the thought of a hybrid dino. People literally saying "I was going to see this until the hybrid info came out".

It's really sad how closed-minded some can be. I think within the experimental framework of Jurassic Park it's not that out of place. I've always seen the story as being about mankind tampering with nature. This is mankind tampering with nature. The reasoning itself is sound and makes sense within the context of the plot. But I don't really like to judge things right off the bat without actually seeing how it comes to fruition. I think a lot of people see Jurassic Park as a means to show audiences what dinosaurs were actually like, which triggers the feathers debacle, but I've never seen it as some kind of documentary or facts-based series but rather what might happen if we had the means to create dinosaurs and naturally, the means to exploit that for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom